Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:04:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How long have you been waiting for your USD withdrawal from Mt Gox?  (Voting closed: August 31, 2013, 09:59:14 PM)
I'm not - I received my withdrawal within 2 weeks - 3 (4.9%)
I'm not - I received my withdrawal within 1 month - 0 (0%)
I'm not - I received my withdrawal within 2 months - 1 (1.6%)
I've been waiting for less than 2 weeks - 3 (4.9%)
I've been waiting for between 2 weeks and a month - 3 (4.9%)
I've been waiting for between a month and two months - 6 (9.8%)
I've been waiting for over 2 months - 5 (8.2%)
I don't use Mt Gox, stupid - 24 (39.3%)
I haven't made any withdrawals - 16 (26.2%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long have you been waiting for your Mt Gox withdrawal?  (Read 1178 times)
tom.hashemi (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:59:14 PM

I'm intrigued to see if people are receiving withdrawals again as some people have mentioned. In part because I've just put taken some USD out and I want to know how long I should be expecting to wait....

Tom
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ausversucht

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:56:10 AM

Good luck,  not only will I be up to 6 weeks on Tuesday.   They refuse to give me any real status on it and keep giving me the same canned response.
mrnejc

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:58:43 AM

Its a strange thing they are doing.

My 1st withdrawal (SEPA) took only 3 days, but I'm waiting for the second one, initiated only a day later, 2 weeks now.
Same with 2 of my friends who initiated their withdrawals after my 2nd attempt and received it within a week.

It seams they prioritize first withdrawals to make you trust them and then start dragging their feet ...  Angry
marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 10:03:36 AM

Its a strange thing they are doing.

My 1st withdrawal (SEPA) took only 3 days, but I'm waiting for the second one, initiated only a day later, 2 weeks now.
Same with 2 of my friends who initiated their withdrawals after my 2nd attempt and received it within a week.

It seams they prioritize first withdrawals to make you trust them and then start dragging their feet ...  Angry

They might also prioritize smaller withdrawals to make more of them Smiley

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
painlord2k

Activity: 453
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:11:59 PM

From what MagicalTux wrote, it is recommendable to conflate multiple withdraws in a single withdraw.
Practically people can make a withdraw every three weeks.

If you have multiple withdraws this can be a very frustrating thing.

Suggestion: if you have trusted friends doing the same, move the funds to a single account and do a single withdraw.
tom.hashemi (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:22:36 PM

From what MagicalTux wrote, it is recommendable to conflate multiple withdraws in a single withdraw.
Practically people can make a withdraw every three weeks.

If you have multiple withdraws this can be a very frustrating thing.

Suggestion: if you have trusted friends doing the same, move the funds to a single account and do a single withdraw.

The problem is the 1000USD limit on withdrawals.... I had to split my last ones up to avoid that. I'm not sure I can be bothered to go through the process of getting the "Trusted" rating. They've already got a copy of my passport, a recent utility bill, my bank account details... I mean why do they need more?!
greendots

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:01:05 PM

Gox got another 2.1 mil seized aside from the 2.9. so they're 5 mil in the hole...
tom.hashemi (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:08:11 PM

Gox got another 2.1 mil seized aside from the 2.9. so they're 5 mil in the hole...

I'm not sure that that explains it. They must have made millions from the amount off trades they've facilitated...
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 12:35:11 AM

Gox has been playing this game for a long time.  People were bitching back in 2012 about gox delays.  I experienced it first hand when I tried to withdraw a mere $200 to OkPay as a test back in spring 2012.  The transaction errored with a 'funds not available' between OkPay and MtGox.  Then I cancelled the transaction, bought back what I could in bitcoins (at the time was I think around 28BTC) transferred it out and never looked back.

Gox is a cash sinkhole.  I'm surprised they are still around.

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
mrnejc

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:56:13 AM

The problem is the 1000USD limit on withdrawals.... I had to split my last ones up to avoid that. I'm not sure I can be bothered to go through the process of getting the "Trusted" rating. They've already got a copy of my passport, a recent utility bill, my bank account details... I mean why do they need more?!

Its just a matter of sending them email requesting daily/monthly limit be raised - I had no problems, confirmed in less than a day.  Huh
tom.hashemi (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:14:56 PM

Its just a matter of sending them email requesting daily/monthly limit be raised - I had no problems, confirmed in less than a day.  Huh

Ah really?! I thought you had to get a "Trusted" account to up the limits?
papamoi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:03:48 PM

weird

can you explain how did you do that?

thanks
mrnejc

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:01:26 AM

After you upload documents to verify account, you receive e-mail with subject "[Mt.Gox] Your account has been verified."

Inthere they say:

If you would like to request a withdrawal limit increase (up to $10,000 daily, and up to $50,000 monthly), please reply back to this email with the below.

Wallet (BTC/USD/ETC):
New Daily Limit:

Wallet (USD/EUR/ETC):
New Monthly Limit:

So I just replied with thank you email and stated same max values and EUR currency:

Wallet (BTC/USD/ETC): EUR
New Daily Limit: 10000

Wallet (USD/EUR/ETC): EUR
New Monthly Limit: 50000
MarKusRomanus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:07:18 AM

I waited way longer than I should have to get USD Wire transfers... over 2 months!  Last week I cancelled them all,converted to BTC and withdrew all BTC.  Maybe someday I'll use them again, but they have to get rid of their wire transfer management team that they hired from Butterfly labs.
jlcooke

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:28:58 PM

I waited way longer than I should have to get USD Wire transfers... over 2 months!  Last week I cancelled them all,converted to BTC and withdrew all BTC.  Maybe someday I'll use them again, but they have to get rid of their wire transfer management team that they hired from Butterfly labs.

If Mt Gox SWIFT transfers open up - I'd expect to USD/BTC to plummet as everyone sells their coins.
painlord2k

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 02:09:55 PM

After you upload documents to verify account, you receive e-mail with subject "[Mt.Gox] Your account has been verified."

Inthere they say:

If you would like to request a withdrawal limit increase (up to $10,000 daily, and up to $50,000 monthly), please reply back to this email with the below.

Wallet (BTC/USD/ETC):
New Daily Limit:

Wallet (USD/EUR/ETC):
New Monthly Limit:

So I just replied with thank you email and stated same max values and EUR currency:

This is one of the most informative and useful reply of the thread.

My opinion is many people with problems with Gox have no inquired enough to solve them or at least improve them.

Now, it would be interesting to know from tom.hashemi if he tried it and how it went.
painlord2k

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 02:24:29 PM

From the reply of mrnejc I have this impression:
a lot of people is doing a lot of of transactions because they didn't understand how they can do a single transaction.

This is like all people going to the cashier or the ATM to withdraw 10 bucks at time when they could withdraw 200 at once.
If just a few people started to do so, they would effectively DDoS the rest.

But without the perception of what is happening (because they can not see who is at the ATM and what they are doing) people blame the ATM's bank.
tom.hashemi (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:24:54 PM

Inthere they say:

Wallet (BTC/USD/ETC):
New Daily Limit:

Wallet (USD/EUR/ETC):
New Monthly Limit:

This is one of the most informative and useful reply of the thread.

My opinion is many people with problems with Gox have no inquired enough to solve them or at least improve them.

Now, it would be interesting to know from tom.hashemi if he tried it and how it went.

Hey painlord... It's on my to-do list for the weekend. I'll update you when I have a reply from Mt. Gox... Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: