Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:55:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Different wallets that accept altcoin?  (Read 173 times)
Jaycee99 (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:34:50 PM

Can you guys help me I want to know is there any more wallets that accept altcoin?

Except myetherwallet? I searched the internet and no proper results that would satisfy me only resusts of the definition private key and things to know about it. Or if I am not mistaken myetherwallet is the only one that can be access by private key?
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin_green

Activity: 58
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:54:12 AM

Can you guys help me I want to know is there any more wallets that accept altcoin?

Except myetherwallet? I searched the internet and no proper results that would satisfy me only resusts of the definition private key and things to know about it. Or if I am not mistaken myetherwallet is the only one that can be access by private key?

Every blockchain is different. MyEtherWallet is an Ethereum wallet that is accessed through an Ethereum private key. All wallets have private keys.
naglas

Activity: 233
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:19:10 AM

i think coinbase because backed by trusted investors and used by millions of customers globally, Coinbase is one of the most popular and well-known brokers and trading platforms in the world. The Coinbase platform makes it easy to securely buy, use, store and trade digital currency. Users can purchase bitcoins, Ether and now Litecoin from Coinbase through a digital wallet available on Android & iPhone or through trading with other users on the company’s Global Digital Asset Exchange (GDAX) subsidiary. GDAX currently operates in the US, Europe, UK, Canada, Australia, and Singapore. GDAX does not currently charge any transfer fees for moving funds between your Coinbase account and GDAX account. For now, the selection of tradable currencies will, however, depend on the country you live in. And of course I should mention FreeWallet. It is very convenient to use, rather fast and nothing have ever been stuck there, the longest transaction I had was 3.5 hours, but normal for ICO crypto, which I put out into BTC, most likely. And in freewallet you can sent BTC without commissions, although usually it is around $15, so this is a very nice bonus.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3416

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 09:32:39 AM

1. Exodus - https://www.exodus.io/
2. Coinomi - https://coinomi.com/
3. Jaxx - https://jaxx.io/

I searched the internet and no proper results that would satisfy me only resusts of the definition private key and things to know about it. Or if I am not mistaken myetherwallet is the only one that can be access by private key?
Not sure (since your a bit unclear) if you're after a wallet that allows you to import/export private keys but in case you want to export private keys, then "Exodus" allows it (although it won't allow you to import a private key, it only allows to send funds from the intended address to an address on exodus).
Regarding the other two, I'm not sure (since I don't use those).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:31:36 PM

Wallets are different and based on types of block chain whether you are talking about ERC20 tokens or other for example Waves wallet.
As you are saying myetherwallet, another option is Eidoo. It is a smartphone based ERC20 tokens wallet and exchange is also coming soon.
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:17:51 PM

Coinomi, blockchain, jazz, etc
feyrian

Activity: 101
Merit: 11

Lost in transaction...

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:29:00 PM

Coinomi is a good one for sure

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 10:48:06 PM

If you are looking for wallet which supports ERC20 tokens, you can try Metamask. I can't say much about, I never used because I'm satisfied with MyEtherWallet.
For other altcoins you can use Jaxx, Exodus apps. Coinomi probably supports biggest number of coins, but it works only on Android devices. Hardware wallets (Ledger Nano S, Trezor) also supports some altcoins, but you will have to spend ~$100 to purchase that wallet.
Maybe I forgot to mention few less popular wallets, but most popular and reputed was already mentioned.
And if you need safety and access tp private keys, don't use exchanges as your wallet.

milhaop

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:11:19 PM

If you are newbie, be careful with multi-coins wallet. The safest wallet is always that wallet made by the developers of the coin.

Personally, I use Electrum for BTC, MEW for ETH, WavesLite for Waves and DeepOnion Wallet for DeepOnion.
Blackfurysm

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:34:38 AM

Exodus - The wallet is easy to use, you have control over the private keys, and exodus even encrypts them for you.
Exodus has the shapeshift.io exchange built into the wallet, so that you can exchange your cryptocurrency with one click.

Jaxx - The private keys are stored on your device. It has a beautiful UI, is really sleek and easy to use, and has shapeshift built in.

Freewallet - wallet from Hongkong, stores funds in a multi-signature cold storage with a bank level security grade.

Coinimi - the absolute winner of altcoin wallets. Coinomi by far supports the most cryptocurrencies out of any wallet on this list. It has the shapeshift.io exchange built in and just works flawlessly.

MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:32:28 AM

Check out multisignature wallets and see if it would be a good option for the type of security you're looking for. I found a link with more information about this:

https://captainaltcoin.com/best-multisignature-wallets/

Hope this helps!
nettspring

Activity: 143
Merit: 2

Online Entrepreneur

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:04:48 PM

can we store Altcoins in blockchain or Coinbase like NEO , Dash , Qtum, Zcash ?

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:13:45 PM

can we store Altcoins in blockchain or Coinbase like NEO , Dash , Qtum, Zcash ?

If you are referring to Blockchain.info, no, at the moment they supports only Bitcoin, Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash. Coinbase supports Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash. So far they added only these major coins to their services.

AstaYuno

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 04:04:51 PM

Check Exodus desktop wallet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: