Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:52:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What determines bitcoin value?  (Read 218 times)
kingkats0803 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:12:07 AM

Hi guys!
I'm new here and just wanna ask what determines bitcoin value?
I know that everything is about supply and demand, but would like to have a more detailed knowledge with regards to this.
Any help extended will be greatly appreciated guys.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ballexplorer

Activity: 201
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:20:49 AM

As you already said, supply and demand determine a value.
Currently, a lot of money is flowing away from the BTC, so the price drops.
Arwinkim

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 01:24:17 AM

You already mentioned supply and demand. Currently, its value drop because investors sell their bitcoin for something else. You also need to learn micro economy like if other assets are not profitable atm then investors might choose bitcoin. Did I forget to mention about FUD?
raniadaling

Activity: 91

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:39:35 AM

It always is supply and demand.
values of any currencies will drop when investors pull away their investments.
In the case of bitcoin presently, many bitcoin holders exchanged their money for something else. Thus, money flows out from BTC, and in turn, the drop in value
MkGregor

Activity: 224
Merit: 9

Bitcoinus Community Manager

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 01:44:19 AM

Supply and deman. BTC has some inherent value by virtue of someone having to spend money for mining gear and electricity to produce it, but it's surely not anywhere close to what it goes for right now. But here's the thing...It doesn't have to have an inherent value. Not many things on the market that we trade, have an inherent value.

BITCOINUS // BITCOIN PAYMENTS IN 2 SECONDS CUTTING EDGE PAYMENT PROCESSING  (https://www.bitcoinus.io/)
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:50:20 AM

many factors determine the bitcoin price position, it depends on the sellers and buyers who are influenced by external factors such as the issue isus that support or drop the bitcoin price
kingkats0803 (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:54:59 AM

Thanks a lot you guys! I know there are a lot that needs to be read with regards to this topic.
But it is very helpful, in a way it fast tracked my understanding with bitcoin value.

Mjeramirez

Activity: 132

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:40:00 AM

the value of bitcoin is governed by the law of supply and demand, which basically states that in a fix supply market, as the demand for a product increases, its price also increase. as  as we all know, bitcoin has a fix number of around 21 million, and the recent price increase led many to venture into bitcoin increasing demand pushing it further upward.

tech72

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 04:46:27 AM

Bitcoin price is currently unknown. Also, a price depends only upon the supply and demand. Since, supply of Bitcoin is limited, we can only discuss about various factors which will increase the demand and hence push the price further up. These factors are generally related to adoption of Bitcoin by a country or any update in Bitcoin network to enhance it.

In some cases, there are negative news which bring sell out of coin, and the price falls. It is still in new stage, and hence the price is so volatile.

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
qumeijia

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:49:14 AM

it is like commerce, the price of btc is determined by the supply and demand which already mentioned on your question. It depends on the demand of buyer, when there are so many demand surely the rice of btc is increase.
SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:55:41 AM

Any bad/good news about crypto currency like change in legal status of Bitcoin can affect the price.

Fud or fake news before any official announcement can trigger panic and dump in the price.

Marketcap is still very low so any whales can manipulate the price to make huge profit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Beehives

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:56:41 AM

Hi guys!
I know that everything is about supply and demand, but would like to have a more detailed knowledge with regards to this.

It's always in supply and demand. If the price hike the traders sell their stocks that why sudden dip happen. When the price dip some try to hold it to avoid loses then the price will hike again. If you plan to trade better to study first the behavior of the market otherwise you will end up losing your money.

https://VividToken.com     |     MAIN NET    >  N O W   L I V E
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chinatsu Akasaki

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:06:39 AM

Hi guys!

Bitcoin is a decentralized entity, in which no one can manipulate its operation and wherein its value only depends on how the market goes. Bitcoin, follows the rule of supply and demand in which its value increases as its demand increases because of bitcoin's limited supply. Price changes in bitcoin is always due to some external factors, like its market as mentioned above, and the infrastructures surrounding the bitcoin community. Just like in some other form of investments, its value loses when investors pull out their assets.
bitsharks95

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:08:37 AM

i'm not an expert  but,,
Bitcoin also has its market where it is bought and sold. Therefore, demand & supply or surplus & deficit in the market determines its value.
mrtryonebiggums

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:19:01 AM

Supply and demand is the basics but the nitty gritty is the people who are involved in the markets and these people act rational at times and irrationally other times. This back and forth between rational and not gives rise to crazy unpredictable movements which not even the best of traders can pinpoint. Ie nobody knows why there is value all we know is this technology is great and we want to be involved with it.

Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:20:21 AM

You should know the latest information about the world of cryptocurrency, especially bitcoin. If it comes bad information, FUD and the decision of a country to ban bitcoin it will make the bitcoin price go down. On the other hand, if many countries accept bitcoin as a means of transaction and a lot of positive news or information about bitcoin then certainly bitcoin price will go up. So, I feel that's affects the supply and demand for bitcoin.

Actually, the decline bitcoin prices can be overcome, if the investors aren't affected by some news that comes against bitcoin. For example, a FUD or a country will ban bitcoin, but investors don't use panic sell, but they just hodl their bitcoin I'm sure bitcoin price not go down.
1 currency now

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

a sharp sword

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:28:35 AM

You should know the latest information about the world of cryptocurrency, especially bitcoin. If it comes bad information, FUD and the decision of a country to ban bitcoin it will make the bitcoin price go down. On the other hand, if many countries accept bitcoin as a means of transaction and a lot of positive news or information about bitcoin then certainly bitcoin price will go up. So, I feel that's affects the supply and demand for bitcoin.

Actually, the decline bitcoin prices can be overcome, if the investors aren't affected by some news that comes against bitcoin. For example, a FUD or a country will ban bitcoin, but investors don't use panic sell, but they just hodl their bitcoin I'm sure bitcoin price not go down.
It's more so of the community being supportive of what is on the market. They don't have to sell the coins that they have but they do.
That is why it's wise to just store your coin since almost everyone that is into Bitcoin wants some.

OG member.
Brian Ray
binhvo1505

Activity: 728

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:42:52 AM

Hi guys!

Yes, I am really a newbie. What I'm most concerned with is the question you are asking. I have heard about the supply and demand but I do not understand because of it.
I need to know more about the problem to have a solid knowledge. In the future, I want to invest in the altcoins to make more profit so I really need to know about the basics. Hope everyone will sincerely help me and give me advice.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
katixrecamara

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:15:43 AM

Thanks a lot for raising this question!
I'm also a newbie and needs to read more about bitcoin, this topic helped me a great deal!
From what I can gather, just like any other markets out there, it is governed by supply and demand principle.
The more the demand the more the value is. However, if investors will spirit away their assets and exchange it for something else, that would reduce it's value.
So better campaign up for more!
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:31:03 AM

Supply and demand is the basics but the nitty gritty is the people who are involved in the markets and these people act rational at times and irrationally other times. This back and forth between rational and not gives rise to crazy unpredictable movements which not even the best of traders can pinpoint. Ie nobody knows why there is value all we know is this technology is great and we want to be involved with it.
I agree with you here. The reason why the crypto world is extremely volatile in the first place(More volatile than the stock and forex markets) is due to the minds of people which get swayed easily for different reasons like FUD(Example: Recent South Korea Ban on crypto exchanges). People tend to trust bitcoin over other altcoins majority of the time though due to its popularity and value in the modern world today. Supply and demand is indeed the primary indicator of bitcoin value, but there are many reasons like real world events, FUD etc which tend to affect bitcoin in a small or big way!

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: