Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 09:32:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency: Taking about “drop”  (Read 133 times)
RothsCoin (OP)

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:25:15 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 03:46:23 AM by RothsCoin

After a slight increase, many investors have wondered whether the coins can follow this trend to come back to their initial stable state.
However, according to the statistics by Coinmarketcap, for almost all the coins, the rate of decrease is greater than the rate of increase. Specifically, recorded on January 23rd, 2018 Bitcoin dropped to a low of $11,000. It is considered to be a catastrophic drop in coin history.
Wall Street veteran Peter Boockvar predicts an epic crash will hit the Cryptocurrency market.

"When something goes parabolic like this has, it typically ends up to where that parabola began," he said on CNBC's "Futures Now."
"I wouldn't be surprised if over the next year it's down to $1,000 to $3,000," he added.

It should be noted that only leading coins such as BTC and ETH witness the drop in price. In contrast, there is just a minor fluctuation in Alt coins.

=> So why don’t we make an investment in Alt coins at this time?
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:41:47 AM

I don't think the article makes sense at all. Cryptocurrencies are highly volatile, it is not unusual for such big swing. Despite the volatility, I still believe the long term trend is up for Bitcoin. So don't think it will go to $1,000
Also, all cryptocurrencies are highly correlated, when BTC is down Alts are likely to go down too, usually by a higher percentage drop. Only get into good coins and buy the dip.

vanobe

Activity: 164
Merit: 37

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:53:34 AM

Wall Street veteran Peter Boockvar predicts an epic crash will hit the cryptocurrency market.

"When something goes parabolic like this has, it typically ends up to where that parabola began," he said on CNBC's "Futures Now."
"I wouldn't be surprised if over the next year it's down to $1,000 to $3,000," he added.

Just because someone is an "expert" doesn't mean they are right.

In 2013 an "expert" sarcastically nicknamed Professor Bitcorn by the bitcoin community predicted bitcoin would crash to less than 10 dollars each by 2014.

He's highly qualified, used to work at  the Federal Reserve Bank, is a University professor, and writes guest articles for mainstream newspapers. Unfortunately for him his predictions were completely wrong. This is a wikipedia page about him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_T._Williams
ufalo3

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:58:49 PM

After a slight increase, many investors have wondered whether the coins can follow this trend to come back to their initial stable state.
However, according to the statistics by Coinmarketcap, for almost all the coins, the rate of decrease is greater than the rate of increase. Specifically, recorded on January 23rd, 2018 Bitcoin dropped to a low of $11,000. It is considered to be a catastrophic drop in coin history.
Wall Street veteran Peter Boockvar predicts an epic crash will hit the Cryptocurrency market.

It should be noted that only leading coins such as BTC and ETH witness the drop in price. In contrast, there is just a minor fluctuation in Alt coins.

=> So why don’t we make an investment in Alt coins at this time?

Actually you can find online absolutely different viewpoints: while some experts say cryptos will go to the Moon, some pessimists predict Bitcoin and altcoins great fall. My thought is like that: the market and all coins will show its volatility much more than it made before.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: