Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 11:28:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Question: Bitcoin Vs. Other Cyptocurrency  (Read 238 times)
rapwindsoul (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:13:00 AM

Hi guys, newbie here... I'll just wanna ask what is the advantage of bitcoin compared to ethereum and other cryptocurrencies? I am not familar with other cryptocurrencies by the way... Any response is highly appreciated. Thanks
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:59:58 AM

Bitcoin is a pioneer, is the most known cryptocurrency in the world. Almost all of the cryptocurrencies use bitcoin as a measure of value.
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:29:16 AM

The only command thing between btc and eth is blockchain technology. Btc is a crypto money while eth never made for this purpose. There are technical differences between these two you may google it. From investment perspective you should choose which is going to give you better return and in my opinion eth is undervalued currency.
madunicorn

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:35:07 AM

Hi guys, newbie here... I'll just wanna ask what is the advantage of bitcoin compared to ethereum and other cryptocurrencies? I am not familar with other cryptocurrencies by the way... Any response is highly appreciated. Thanks

I know many people begins maining bitcoin gold. Cause it's mainong through video card
rapwindsoul (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:28:40 AM

Oh i see... Thanks guys
ronpan

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:57:50 AM

i think most people know bitcoin, but i think more altcoins much better than bitcoin, has more purposes, especially ethereum.
loku123

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:09:11 AM

Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency world. It is the major one. But in the future other alternative coins like eth,xpr.... will come to the bitcoin's place.
andohyeb

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:34:59 AM

Other cryptocurrencies are different from bitcoins because they are based on something that is tangible but bitcoins is not. For instance most ICOs are crypto currencies but they got their value from the startup company that created the tokens.
chaitanya31

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:23:55 AM

Comparing the above 4, I would suggest you to invest in the Ethereum, because they have the real potential to beat the Bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies. Also when you have Ethereum, you can also buy the ICO tokens that is supported by the Ethereum. These ICO tokens themselves act as a cryptocurrency.
rapwindsoul (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:35:49 AM

Hi i'm still the same person posted a separate thread regarding this matter but I got no replies yet. Is it true that Bitcoin is good for long-term investment while other altcoins are for short term ones. Why is that so?
IL.Guerreiro

Activity: 118

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:31:39 PM

The advantage of bitcoin is it has more investors than other crypto because of being bitcoin is already proven and good for long term investment. Most countries that don't declare bitcoin as illegal accept it already and also most crypto national wallet bitcoin is the only crypto which is exchangeable into fiat money.
mirte86

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:03:02 PM

I think bitcoin is good for the long run> But if you want to trade and have several coins I would suggest DeepOnion and Neo as well< Good luck

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:02:19 AM

BTC is the original cryptocurrency that uses a new distributed ledger known as the blockchain. However, there are a lot of other altcoins on the rise that are worth looking into.

incalegend

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:31:06 AM

Bitcoin is a pioneer, is the most known cryptocurrency in the world. Almost all of the cryptocurrencies use bitcoin as a measure of value.

Technically Szabo's proposed 'Bit gold' came first, but Bitcoin is the actual implementation of that vision- 10 years after the idea was floated. Bitcoin is probably also not going to stay as the grand old man unless the Tx fees come down and the speed goes up. But BTC is still the King.
skyline28

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:43:14 AM

hello also newbie here, how many post until we can post on other thread ?
nettspring

Activity: 143
Merit: 2

Online Entrepreneur

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:17:26 PM

still i see when Bitcoin price goes High all the other coin goes High  and when Bitcoins down all other coins down too  Undecided
CryspRayz

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:45:41 PM

The bitcoin has one feature, store of value whereas Ethereum was created to be more than that. It is supposed to be a supercomputer. Ethereum is a platform where you can create other dapps. Every good coin has its unique feature. Monero is a private coin, IOTA is a coin for internet of things, etc. You see, they are all different.
CryspRayz

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:47:22 PM

still i see when Bitcoin price goes High all the other coin goes High  and when Bitcoins down all other coins down too  Undecided

Yes, and every dip alts crash more. But every rise alts rise higher. Usually
Ten.technology

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:05:00 PM

to me bitcoin as one is an old man and this old man will be replaced by the better altcoin it raises only one reason is that want to buy altcoin then need bitcoin
Praedium

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 04:43:05 PM

Bitcoin is a poor currency in that it cost too much to transact with small amounts of money and can be seen as more of a gold like investment.  Upgrades in bitcoin are sent as formalized proposals known as BIPs  and are either accepted or rejected by the core development team.  This keeps bitcoin very stable and slow to improve.  

Here's four types

Pure currency projects have been created to solve some of what bitcoin is lacking, such as anonymity, speed of transactions, cost of transactions,  mining efficiency, etc...  Some examples are zcash, monero, raiblocks, smart cash.

Platform Projects allow for a new breed of decetnralized and/or autonomous applications to be built on top of the core application.  Ethereum, Waves, Lisk, IOTA, etc...

Token projects create a token to use to pay for services inside the platform such as data storage or web hosting.

Security tokens mimic a security.  Many companies are launching ICOs purely for fundraising to avoid the traditional IPO process.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: