Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:13:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Eupter USB August batch update  (Read 16601 times)
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 04:31:25 PM

Well

Besides securing the blockchain and gaining ROI, they are also ideal as souvenirs for both newcomers and experienced bitcoiners.

Marketing BS over 9000 !!!!

Don't Worry some suckers will buys this "Piece of art"  Grin

You sir Friedcat are a really good artist, more like a magician...a magician who makes money disappear from suckers pockets and grow yours....smaaarrrtt !  Grin
Well I would buy one as a souvenir. Just because I can.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 04:35:12 PM

From www.wtcr.ca:

Also:

All ASICMINER Products totaling 5 BTC or more are eligible for FREE UPS Express Shipping this weekend. Canada and USA only. (link)
There you go Folks!!!! 33GH for ONLY $3300!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Hey! K9!  How much BTC will that 32BTC get back?!?!?!?!?

Pass.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
kochmann799

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 04:57:22 PM

Is it red or pink? I hope pink, we need to make Bitcoin Mining more appealing to females.

even if it was barbie pink i wouldnt buy it you genius

Former Editor of the LTC/CNC Exchange
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:05:56 PM

Is it red or pink? I hope pink, we need to make Bitcoin Mining more appealing to females.

Well, Bitcoiners don't have any girlfriends to introduce to Bitcoin, that much is obvious.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 05:17:34 PM

Well, Bitcoiners don't have any girlfriends to introduce to Bitcoin, that much is obvious.
Speak for yourself. Thanks.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
xeverse

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:19:16 PM

What are the tech specs & where can i get one?
casadebitcoin

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:28:07 PM

I'm half expecting to see these being sold at WalMart -  Undecided   We are now entering the dawn of the THs, strap in and enjoy the ride...  Cry
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:44:52 PM

That guy friedcat must be really desperate...  Cry

Anyway gl on promoting those overpriced usb miners as protectors of the blockchain  Shocked and souvenirs  Undecided !

Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 05:48:46 PM

you dont get it people.

this thread is not about pricing, but about securing blockchain and buying a piece of art.

He mentioned Return On Investment (ROI).  And you cannot discuss ROI without discussing prices.

At current prices and difficulty increases anyone buying these will never get back the btc they are spending, they will never get 100% ROI.

That is a hard cold fact that cannot be ignored.

I don't understand this attitude.

Why does everyone who wants to mine have to be in it for a guaranteed profit?

I'm personally not willing to drop $40 for one of these, but if it were, say, $10 or $20 I would happily get one and just solo mine it.

I've been involved with Bitcoin for two years and I've never yet gotten into mining. A large part of that is because there is no free-software for Debian that will CPU or GPU mine, and another part of that is because the barrier to entry is too expensive with ASICs.

I'd be HAPPY to gamble on a a small USB ASIC miner. If I never discover a block(which I most like won't) then I'd be out $20. Whoopdy dooo!

But if I did discover a block I would win $2500.

And don't tell me it's a losing gamble. Of course it is! A lot of gambling is, but that doesn't mean nobody would want to do it.

You should want to get more people to have a stake in Bitcoin. The more people that mine, even if it's just a teeny tiny USB miner like this, helps people to feel more a part of the community and to understand Bitcoin. So what if they lose $40 or whatever?? That's their call!

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:49:18 PM

oh la la!   

we randomly opened up a USB the other day and found it had those purdy beveled edges, and the certification stamps on them.. looks very nice!  now that I see there is even more variety in colors than I had previously thought, I actually want to collect them all! Smiley 
Same!  I got one of the new ones from a group buy.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:58:13 PM

From www.wtcr.ca:

Also:

All ASICMINER Products totaling 5 BTC or more are eligible for FREE UPS Express Shipping this weekend. Canada and USA only. (link)

Pass.

Clearly you have not read my post history, otherwise you would have picked someone else.
As always, you get the math wrong. Today, BTC is trading at $122, so 32 BTC for a 100 pack would be worth $3904.
They would get about half their BTC back according to http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

They would at least get their mining equipment immediately. If the difficulty rise tails off (unlikely), they would be in a position to take advantage of that because they would already have their hardware running. Still, these should only be regarded as novelty items, or for securing the blockchain and democratizing the mining of bitcoin, not for an investment that will give a positive ROI.

Plus, shiny.  Wink

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:02:41 PM

WTF is the point of these?! they already exist...
Why make another version?! It better have programmable VRM ... that would make it worth while rofl! otherwise WTF!?

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:11:54 PM

From www.wtcr.ca:

Also:

Pass.

Clearly you have not read my post history, otherwise you would have picked someone else.
As always, you get the math wrong. Today, BTC is trading at $122, so 32 BTC for a 100 pack would be worth $3904.
They would get about half their BTC back according to http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

They would at least get their mining equipment immediately. If the difficulty rise tails off (unlikely), they would be in a position to take advantage of that because they would already have their hardware running. Still, these should only be regarded as novelty items, or for securing the blockchain and democratizing the mining of bitcoin, not for an investment that will give a positive ROI.

Plus, shiny.  Wink
You rely on MtGox for your BTC pricing? roflmao.

I knew quite well your post history, just as I knew quite well 32 BTC could NEVER be recouped as BTC, and I knew you have this hardon for BTC comparisions regardless of USD pricing.

And it's SOOO much better to mine now that wait.  Back in June you could have spent 8000 BTC for the equivalent of a mini-rig.  Now you are paying almost $4000 dollars for what is basically a little single.  Great investment, I can use it now!

33GH now vs 600GH later for the same price.  And this isn't JUST BFL offering that.  I've seen at least 3 companies claiming roughly the same.

This is an intentional screw to the greedy customer too dumb to realiae it.  If BFL was as shady as ASICMiner, it would have sold units on e-bay 2 months ago for $100k+ instead of shipping to their customers, claiming "Oh, look, our first customers are selling!". 

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:24:31 PM

This is an intentional screw to the greedy customer too dumb to realiae it.  If BFL was as shady as ASICMiner, it would have sold units on e-bay 2 months ago for $100k+ instead of shipping to their customers, claiming "Oh, look, our first customers are selling!". 

No, they couldn't sell them on Ebay because the merchandise must exist before Ebay will let you sell them. ASICMiner can sell you an overpriced product because all BFL can do is sell promises, they can't keep them.

KNC and Bitfury might provide some competition. BFL never will.

BitAddict
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:27:58 PM

Really good news friedcat! Smiley
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:32:20 PM

No, they couldn't sell them on Ebay because the merchandise must exist before Ebay will let you sell them. ASICMiner can sell you an overpriced product because all BFL can do is sell promises, they can't keep them.

2 months ago it did.  18 jun the first 3 mini's were shipped.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:36:02 PM

Oh, you mean the gigavps units? They penned a deal with giga that he would get his mini-rigs before anyone else. Beta customer or some such.
That would have blown up in their face.

However, this was reported:
http://bflfraud.com/

bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:38:40 PM

Oh, you mean the gigavps units? They penned a deal with giga that he would get his mini-rigs before anyone else. Beta customer or some such.

Ah, yes, everyone who starts out:

"I’m not going to tell you a pack of lies. I’m just going to tell you how it is. "

Is always 100% reputable.

Besides, Jun 20 1 mini shipped
Jun 21 1 mini shipped
Jun 22 mini shipping continues (they stopped giving numbers)

But hey, they MUST have been lying about those.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:42:11 PM

"I’m not going to tell you a pack of lies. I’m just going to tell you how it is. "

Jun 21 1 mini shipped

Link to your source for that information?

bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:46:06 PM

Jun 21 1 mini shipped

Link to your source for that information?
Wow, you forgot how to access the BFL blogs?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: