Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:30:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Motherboard Killed 4 GPU's  (Read 303 times)
Zura123 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:42:11 AM

Hey everyone,
So basically, my motherboard has just Killed 4GPUS!
I think, there is a problem with the PCIE port on the motherboard and it keeps killing GPUs.
I've tested everything and even added some cheap GPU and it died as well, so its 100% mobos fault...

GPUs are out of warranty, so what do you guys think, are GPUs done forever? How great the damage could be on GPU from motherboard? no smoke or anything like that was noticable....When I turn on the PC, GPU's fans and Led lights start but then it stops and pc can't detect it...
duyquang06

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:47:24 AM

I think PSU killed GPUs, not the motherboard
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:28:34 AM

I think PSU killed GPUs, not the motherboard

Yes I second this.

I think your PSU is either outputting a voltage too high or too low and its frying the GPUs.

The motherboard doesn't really regulate the computer that the PSU feeds to the GPUs.

Use a multimeter and measure the voltages.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:54:27 AM

why mobo not control ?
On pci-ex avialable 1.8v its generated by mobo, because atx dont have this kind output voltage.
you need to check gpu resistange on your video cards, if there is not short circuit maybe cards can be backed to live

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
DES_MX

Activity: 216
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:36:38 AM

Try those GPUS on an entirely different Mobo+PSU combo. Chance is high they are still alive.
Very hard to kill a GPU in my experience. No detection errors are probably coming due to your current PSU & MOBO acting up. Probably PSU though as others have said.
Zura123 (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:46:19 PM

why mobo not control ?
On pci-ex avialable 1.8v its generated by mobo, because atx dont have this kind output voltage.
you need to check gpu resistange on your video cards, if there is not short circuit maybe cards can be backed to live
how do I check gpu resistance on video cards?
Zura123 (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:38:35 PM

Also one more question...

when you guys say PSU, I'll tell you what I did.

I've changed the main PSU today (bought the new one), and connected one GPU (which was working until now) to motherboard and Boom, now it stopped working too.
My motherboard is supplied by different PSU separately...so would this PSU be faulty? this PSU only supplies electricity to motherboard. thats it.

So can this kind of PSU which only supplies mobo, be faulty, and this kill GPUs?

also, I've tested those dead GPUs to other farm, but no luck....
john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 10:35:14 PM

It happen also to my 1gpu, but I think its not the mobo fault but the PSU or maybe the riser you use.. check all the pcie cables and bend all the wires and when you notice something hard when you bend the cables there's a problem in there, change the pcie cable or the molex/sata cable of your riser
VegasJeff

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:16:10 PM

That sucks. What motherboard are you using? Must be a short or something...
DES_MX

Activity: 216
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:48:21 AM

Which mobo is it? Now I really want to know
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 11:01:39 AM

Hey everyone,
So basically, my motherboard has just Killed 4GPUS!
I think, there is a problem with the PCIE port on the motherboard and it keeps killing GPUs.
I've tested everything and even added some cheap GPU and it died as well, so its 100% mobos fault...

GPUs are out of warranty, so what do you guys think, are GPUs done forever? How great the damage could be on GPU from motherboard? no smoke or anything like that was noticable....When I turn on the PC, GPU's fans and Led lights start but then it stops and pc can't detect it...

Ok, so, I have been looking down your posts, I see you are using 2x PSU on that rig? Correct?

Is it possible that you had problem with groundings on your rig, so you get reverse electricity current flow.
People had this type of burned machines a lot of times.

You can read more in the link below

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6k56fv/housefire_warning_do_not_used_2_power_supplies/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: