Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:01:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where will your Cryptocurrencies go once you Die???  (Read 518 times)
Hung Yu So (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:19:02 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 01:37:55 PM by Hung Yu So
Merited by FutureICOs (1)

While thinking about where will our Cryptocurrencies will go if we die suddenly? I guess locked!

Then, I just found this ICO “SafeHaven” this is basically something that I always worried about. When people die, it’s usually their will that’s used to divide the property and all that, but what happens with the online money?

I mean the Cryptocurrency! Mostly, we see people not sharing it with anyone and if there comes a sudden dreadful day, then it’s all over. It is certainly ALL over, but what about our family? Won’t they be losing out what we made? These things were what I always thought and always have notepad saved on my desktop for SUCH day!

But perhaps now this thing SafeHaven is very interesting. They have basic concept through which we will basically be creating online WILL type with their structure, so we basically secure our family’s future even if we are not there ANYMORE. The detailed stuff is present on their website, so it will be better to look there.

Ultimately, I like you guys to tell me whether is this worth to use and secure? Will really welcome your views…. Thanks

https://www.safehaven.io/

They have telegram as well where I am already joined and have asked many things regarding the project. https://t.me/SafeHavenio

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rightchoice

Activity: 347
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:23:13 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 01:49:07 PM by Rightchoice

If the way things are going, there may come a day when there will be a Crypto to send us to Hell or Heaven  Grin

Anyway… Jokes apart, it looks very decent project. But, will take some time to get inside it to know how good it is exactly. But yes do have unique concept.

Is there a bounty program?
Hung Yu So (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:34:50 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 01:46:00 PM by Hung Yu So

If the way things are going, there may come a day when there will be a Crypto to send us to Hell or Heaven  Grin

Anyway… Jokes apart, it looks very decent project. But, will take some time to get inside it to know how good it is exactly. But yes do have unique concept.

Is there a bounty program?

I don't know about Hell or Heaven but this is something that we need to take SERIOUSLY! It is not about jokes or fun.

They have Bounty program, but on here https://alpha.bounty0x.io/bounties/host/Safe%20Haven.
FutureICOs

Activity: 449
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:47:42 AM

Surely I can't die so quickly  Grin
mrtryonebiggums

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:25:24 AM

As of right now people are going to have to find and dig for them but that isn't my concern right now, my main concern is accumulating more. However, this ICO should do well and if I was a little bit older I would consider investing or at the very least using their application to protect myself.

Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:31:39 AM

I am not going to trust my coins to any third party.  My coins will become a part of my estate and passed down. 
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 04:44:10 AM

This is indeed a very important question, that how do our loved ones get the benefits of our crypto wealth after our death. The main issue is that our parents or other loved ones find crypto stuff very difficult to understand and learn. But then transferring our private keys to a third party also doesn't seem to be a valid option. And then also it would require our loved ones at least some degree of crypto literacy to receive the cryptos or fiat. So the better option is to take some time out and teach them how to use cryptos, and provide them ways to withdraw the funds in case of our death.

daglordjames

Activity: 550

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:03:20 AM

maybe i just trust some crypto because maybe it will die and i think the coins will gone.
iryboy

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:07:42 AM

Most probably they'll remain in exchanges and wallets. Soon we'll see cryptocurrencies wills for family members  Wink

Hung Yu So (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:53:35 PM

As of right now people are going to have to find and dig for them but that isn't my concern right now, my main concern is accumulating more. However, this ICO should do well and if I was a little bit older I would consider investing or at the very least using their application to protect myself.

I really wish it was that way. But seriously, it is just not that way. I am something like 25, but I have seen people planning to live like king yet end up nowhere with the sudden d-call. So, like you, I have LEAST worry of looking at something like that, but then every day I go out, it could be my last day you NEVER know!

This is why it MUST be your concern. Although, it’s not necessarily to do with SafeHaven, but in general.
Hung Yu So (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:00:48 PM

I am not going to trust my coins to any third party.  My coins will become a part of my estate and passed down. 

Surely no one will be crazy enough to do that. It is obviously all through logical way and that’s really what is explained on the whitepaper if you might read out. Read out here https://www.safehaven.io/files/SafeHaven_WhitePaper.pdf

I am not sure what you meant by part of my estate and passed down. If you have already shared details and all that, then all good and fine but what other way could be?
Exmo.

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 06:04:43 PM

They go in crypto hell or we are already here?
Hung Yu So (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:06:59 PM

This is indeed a very important question, that how do our loved ones get the benefits of our crypto wealth after our death. The main issue is that our parents or other loved ones find crypto stuff very difficult to understand and learn. But then transferring our private keys to a third party also doesn't seem to be a valid option. And then also it would require our loved ones at least some degree of crypto literacy to receive the cryptos or fiat. So the better option is to take some time out and teach them how to use cryptos, and provide them ways to withdraw the funds in case of our death.

Your main part is absolutely on the spot! It is absolutely MUST that we think about this seriously. I know this might just NOT be needed or might not be a major issue, as many of us might live long and healthy life, but can you guarantee this? Or can I guarantee it to myself? I bet no.

I don’t need to repeat how quickly things could change and that disaster day might be waiting for us and to destroy our plans. The biggest problem I find is that people really consider this as a joke or funny.

Just few days ago, I tried to discuss this with my friend and instead of talking about it, I only heard him laughing loudly. But we got to remember ONE mistake could put our family into bad situation. As per trust, I just mentioned the whitepaper above; you will know that it’s not exactly about trust here with anyone. As there is a logical system that I actually read out about, so check and tell me if I have read something incorrectly there.
Mehmood Khan

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:09:11 PM

I dnt have that much knowledge about crypto but I am learning and I am worried on how to share this with my wife and kids. Its hard for someone like me to teach them about all this. I will like to use this but this also looks not easy to understand.
Hung Yu So (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:36:01 PM

maybe i just trust some crypto because maybe it will die and i think the coins will gone.

Now that’s one way of looking at. But then just suppose if you have 1 BTC and you face that D-Day unplanned (hope you live long long time), but just think. And that 1 BTC today at $11k might turn into 30-40k in future; it could be disastrous for your family to miss out on that. So, prevention is better than cure. At least, I think seriously about these things.
Hung Yu So (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:43:17 PM

Most probably they'll remain in exchanges and wallets. Soon we'll see cryptocurrencies wills for family members  Wink

If the world of Crypto continues to run like it is currently going on, then there is every chance that we might see this happening. I don’t know how much this will be realistic but something like this is going to happen. That’s why I am so much on for this ICO, as this got the theme that is massively required, but depends on how it’s worked out ahead. Fingers crossed!
xarly1

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:48:08 PM

Recently ICO . Digipulse if I'm not mistaken . They are just still working on a project for the conservation of our cryptocurrency savings descendants . Read if you're interested
Gelesko

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:59:10 PM

That's a good, but very sad topic. I would choose one of the closest family member and explain to them, if something happens to me (because we don't know, when the God will take us away), there is a file on computer or usb flash drive, where u put all the information (passwords, login and etc) and maximum explanation to be made (if ur family doesn't know about cryptocurrency). So they get all u owe after u past out! I wouldn't either trust anybody, who is not from ur family (even best friends) Something like that, I will do! But not yet !!!!!!!! )

Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:09:12 PM

While thinking about where will our Cryptocurrencies will go if we die suddenly? I guess locked!

Then, I just found this ICO “SafeHaven” this is basically something that I always worried about. When people die, it’s usually their will that’s used to divide the property and all that, but what happens with the online money?

I mean the Cryptocurrency! Mostly, we see people not sharing it with anyone and if there comes a sudden dreadful day, then it’s all over. It is certainly ALL over, but what about our family? Won’t they be losing out what we made? These things were what I always thought and always have notepad saved on my desktop for SUCH day!

But perhaps now this thing SafeHaven is very interesting. They have basic concept through which we will basically be creating online WILL type with their structure, so we basically secure our family’s future even if we are not there ANYMORE. The detailed stuff is present on their website, so it will be better to look there.

Ultimately, I like you guys to tell me whether is this worth to use and secure? Will really welcome your views…. Thanks

https://www.safehaven.io/

They have telegram as well where I am already joined and have asked many things regarding the project. https://t.me/SafeHavenio
This is always been part of reality that no one really knows if he would die on next minute or day or weeks and leaving out our coin possession is there but no matter what happen i wouldnt entrust all of my holdings into other service which i didnt even know if they would be entrusted or not. I would rather choose up on keeping all of keys on a usb or hardware wallet and do tell of my entrusted friends that they should give it to my family once i die. It would really give me no doubts on doing that one.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:24:03 PM

Our cryptocurrencies would remain safe in our wallets. But the only difference would be that whether our loved ones are able to get access to it or not.We must atleast create a file in our computer and save all the confidential details in it or we must deliver all the information to at least one of our family members.We could even now see lots of bitcoins left unused may be due to this reason.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: