Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:05:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is useless  (Read 3603 times)
Samueltalk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:06:07 AM

Use bitcoin in my opinion is as a means of payment with the nature of a simple and fast so that makes a transaction more efficient and not long-winded.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paulo1210

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:09:26 AM

i think its not useless, because some people earn from bitcoin or even getting rich. so its not useless
bebtc

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:10:10 AM

Well, right now the this is useless but it is a lot of money and any monetary transaction will have similar issues.
chrisculanag

Activity: 1344
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:17:11 AM

You said that because you get a traffic in blockchain , Imagine you in the fall in line situation what happen to you? your transaction need to many time to process. For me bitcoin is not useless i earn extra income with this , you can exchange bitcoin in any altcoin that you want . If the blockchain traffic just exchange your coins to dogecoin or ethereum . Dogecoin small fees and and fast transaction and ethereum same too but sometimes clogged chain. Dont say useless about this , just make an strategy how to make bitcoins useful for you , many people is replying to your post and give some idea to you . Go

Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:29:04 AM

No you cannot say that bitcoin is useless,because it can help many people financially.Bitcoin is decentralized and no third party can allow to see our transactions ,it is the only cryptocurrency that has a lower fees or charges  and transactions are faster.It is helpful to many of us this is not useless bitcoin is really worth it.In fact bitcoin teach me how to manage my finances and earn a lot in here..
West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:04:17 AM

How can you say that bitcoin is useless if it helps many people to earn money for their family. For us bitcoin is very helpful because of bitcoin i now provide the needs of my family.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
Dayx

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 05:07:33 AM

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

yep, i agree with you, just because someone got rich doesn't mean it's useful.

"Bitcoin is designed to resolve a problem with a high transaction fee"
but, unfortunately right now bitcoin fee is really huge. it's even higher than transaction fee on my bank central.

Ethereum network is better, fast, cheap.
that's why i'm sticking with Ethereum rather than Bitcoin.
lequocvuongpro

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:11:54 AM

Useless??. why you say such things? It is useful when you know how to use it.
By the potential it brings is enormous.
Aristus

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:16:09 AM

I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.
This is something a mind blowing for meand a suppose to be 100% on the side of your opinion but calling bitcoin as useless breaks your entire points into nothing. What you said could be 100% true but I think this is not enough calling bitcoin as useless because without bitcoin there is no birth of altcoins or a decentralised called cryptocurrency.
won99

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 05:23:52 AM

No you cannot say that bitcoin is useless,because it can help many people financially.Bitcoin is decentralized and no third party can allow to see our transactions ,it is the only cryptocurrency that has a lower fees or charges  and transactions are faster.It is helpful to many of us this is not useless bitcoin is really worth it.In fact bitcoin teach me how to manage my finances and earn a lot in here..
Yes, you are right. I am agree with you friends. Sometimes, the price of bitcoin is low, but we can not say that bitcoin is useless because bitcoin always support our financial. We must be patient and wait the price increase again Smiley

TAYLOR
Crypto Trading for Everyone
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
[]
exbase

Activity: 109
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:27:21 AM

2. Fees are high

Point 1 and 2 not true.
as exchange we do many little transaction like 0.00012345 daily.
we use really minimum transaction fees.

In December 2017 yes some transactions did take 2 weeks.
Now in January even if we use very small transaction fees, all transfers are confirmed and done in 10 minutes.

boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:47:33 AM
Merited by Nerman (1)

2. Fees are high
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

I agree on some of your points specially on number 1 and number 2, also most users recognized that Bitcoin is not the best technologically speaking among the crypto market, there are other coins which is faster and cheaper.  Calling it a scam is an exaggerated point of view.  If Bitcoin was not  created possibly there could be no altcoins.

3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years - I somewhat agree with you in this one.
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far - it depends on the user
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox ) - possible but hard to prove because of anonymity as of now this is what conspiracy theorist would say.
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC - ECON 101 Value is based on utility and scarcity - bitcoin has both trait.
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils. - same reason with # 6
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone. - Unfair to say it to bitcoin because all coins are like that.

Johnny B

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:02:14 AM

That is just like saying Bitcoin is useless because it is very much in demand.

Argument fails, because as soon as there is less demand, transaction fees go down.

Solutions already in the works.

Same is true for gold.. not much for day to day yes, transaction fee/costs pretty high. But still used worldwide as store of value.

If not bitcoin, what? Some other sh*tcoin? Rest my case.
Briancoll

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:08:28 AM

Well this is your personal opinion, perhaps even offended and lost money. But as we see the trend is such that a huge number of people believe in it and keep to the last, and many have already got a good profit. So your theory does not convince.
Orino Suimuri

Activity: 129

RedTube & Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:39:24 AM

What you are pointing on are well known problems, and for sure - at present - they make bitcoin almost useless, as currency.
But for example, gold is about useless in daily life, but this doesn't mean it has no value!
With technical improvement and wider acceptance, these problems will be bypassed.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
henzcorp

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 06:49:20 AM

LOL
If you hate bitcoin please leave it now.
Don't ever judge bitcoin user's.
Alex_nutis

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:57:36 AM

2. Fees are high

In your message there are many facts with which I agree, almost all. In addition: the bitcoin community has no task to make it a means of payment and has never claimed that bitcoin is anonymous. I myself do not like bitcoin, but bitcoin is the standard. All altcoins are traded to bitcoin and are bought for fiat through it. Therefore, to it while there is a place in the cryptoworld.

AmazingDynamo

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:12:59 AM

2. Fees are high

we cant please you to believe in bitcoin , you have you own believe and we respect that if you found out bitcoin is useless then you can leave it here , there a lot of users who can prove that bitcoin has future in this world .
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:37:20 AM

What s the point here? Traffic is the only thing that bitcoin become useless? This is really ridiculous, just think it this way, if there is no bitcoin, I do not think that altcoin will come out, there will be no base on any altcoin here. I am pretty sure bitcoin has affection on any of us here, as long as you know how to maintain it well, then it will always be useful to us here. You need to think twice before you said bitcoin is useless
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:54:50 AM

I really believe bitcoin had been created because it have a huge purpose for this present generation. And I know people in this forum really know what they are doing, seems to be nothing are fooled with btc. Do people change their lifestyle just because of this, and exactly they're doing this to adopt this 3rd world generation of currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: