Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:16:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: thought on Tether?  (Read 480 times)
Manlost111 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:53:27 PM

everything seems to be red, but tether green?
that shows strength and diligence of coin, i think that they have technology that lasts and that goes forward (instead of backwards) and that it will go up in the future.

if you don't believe me, than how it can be green when everything else is red? if it can survive this dip, it can survive everything!

i'm already up 3% from a few days by investing in tether, you can join in too!

im not financial advisor, don't invest money if you don't want to lose it or gain it.

pros of coin:

-green when others red
-didn't lose money on it
-doesn't fluctuate like bitcoin

cons of coin:
-only 3% gain in last days

what do you guys thing? i'm moving all of my investment into tether, maybe you think to do same?

share thoughts.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:59:08 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 01:45:22 AM by mjglqw

Are you even serious? or are you just trolling?

Anyway, in case you're actually serious:

Tether(USDT) is tethered to 1 USD hence tether only hovering $1 or a few cents more or less. You're pretty much investing on something that's supposedly not going to move in value. Though it's debatable whether or not it's safe to store your funds on tether.

Also, make sure to do research before investing, as it looks like you definitely didn't do any research with your tether "investment".

Read: https://tether.to/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HorribleGuy01

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:27:02 PM

Tether(USDT) is tethered to 1 USD hence tether only hovering $1 or a few cents more or less. You're pretty much investing on something that's supposedly not going to move in value. Though it's debatable whether or not it's safe to store your funds on tether.

Also, make sure to do research before investing, as it looks like you definitely didn't do any research with your tether "investment".

If what I read is right. Your investment will not grow even if you will hold if for a long period of time, is that right? So what is the sense of investing to it? LOL
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:30:42 PM

If what I read is right. Your investment will not grow even if you will hold if for a long period of time, is that right? So what is the sense of investing to it? LOL

That's pretty much the point of it. It's just acts as 1 USD. Might as well just hold paper dollars.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:06:22 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 05:34:01 AM by nioctiB#1

that shows strength and diligence of coin, i think that they have technology that lasts and that goes forward (instead of backwards) and that it will go up in the future.

if you don't believe me, than how it can be green when everything else is red? if it can survive this dip, it can survive everything!

im not financial advisor, don't invest money if you don't want to lose it or gain it.

pros of coin:

-green when others red
-didn't lose money on it

cons of coin:

what do you guys thing? i'm moving all of my investment into tether, maybe you think to do same?

share thoughts.
Are you serious? i think you dont know what you are talking about. the value of 1 usdt or tether is always equivalent to 1 us dollar that is why whenever there is a downward trend in cryptocurrency market it is not affected because the value of tether is not determined by supply and demand. You will not get any profit investing on that coin because the only purpose of this is for traders who dont want to sell their cryptocurrency investment to fiat currency but want their funds safe when market crashes.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:08:44 PM

lol. maybe in his mind BTC is the base currency of his life. in that case Tether might be a good investment this year. haha

Gabz999

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:41:35 PM

Tether is only good to lock up your profit. If you want to lock your profit when almost alts are down like this, its not advisable for investing. Because, Tether is a dollar based coin, so what ever happens to market its value will maintain.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:51:58 PM

Switching to tether is quite tricky as the market is volatile. OP, currently tether looks like a good option for you to switch to as the price of Bitcoin plunges.  The moment the price starts rising and you are caught unawares and stuck past the value you switched to in tether, then you will realise it's not all "Green" but losses instead.
DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:05:46 PM

Tether is more of a service that allows users to use fiat currencies like electronic currencies than is a crypto coin. Another benefit is that Tether coins exist on the Bitcoin blockchain, which is a bit more developed and tested, instead of new platforms trying their luck. The fact that it is tied to real world currencies means it is not volatile or is shielded against volatility. Users can also add and withdraw USD with the use of Bitcoin blockchain with highest security and the transactions are fast. As a benefit to a young service of its kind, the project is already backed by Poloniex, Ambisafe, Space Shift and other international partners, which is a bit promising for those venturing into crypto investing and trading
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:22:04 PM
Merited by krauzzer02 (5)

Basically and Technically tether is equivalent to USD it is named on the market cap USDT it's pretty obvious why the hell it stays in green while most of all the coins are in red days.

Believe me don't waste your time and investments to this coin, it will stay 1 USD that will result in a big loss on your part for missing out good trades of other coins that have a potential to grow.

pros of coin:
-green when others red
-didn't lose money on it
It is likely a neutral coin than a green one, it is not the money that will you lose it is the opportunity.

cons of coin:
I doubt you will gain above 5%.

Take all the advice of the people here they will say the same.

gigantus

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:28:39 PM

perhaps you should not buy coins that are now considered to be prospective (bitcoin ethe), but to look towards new coins that are just entering the market. because these coins did not give much X and the ether, for example, already gave a lot of X

MasterMoney

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:09:22 PM

I really like the USDT, it does not really fluctuate whether the market is up or down, you can make a lot of profit from it.  Grin Grin
hoangtujuda

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:14:01 PM

USDT is actually a coin and it will increase your account very quickly if you know the market look at the red market.  Wink Wink
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:32:48 PM

Most of the users here already explained that tether is not suppose to grow in value, since it was created to represent the dollar. So 1 tether, should also be equivalent to 1 dollar, no matter what is happening to the market. I will only add that there was a lot of controversy regarding tether, claiming that they did not hold enough dollars to support it's marketcap. This would mean that they might have been "printing" tether to be able to hide any possible losses, and if all the current tether users decided to cash out, they wouldn't be able to do it, because there was not enough money there to make the payments.

Users were asking for an audit, but I haven't heard any recent news saying that those issues were solved. Have anyone here heard anything else about this?

Howery

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:34:28 PM

https://t.me/FilecoinOTC
MURONDI

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:37:31 AM

pros of coin:

-green when others red
-didn't lose money on it

cons of coin:

share thoughts.

tether can be regarded as a substitute usd dollars, I usually make a tether as a benchmark for altcoin prices, when the altcoin price is high I exchange it with a tether, and when the altcoin price is low I will exchange the tether into altcoin, But if you only invest in tether without exchanging it with another coin I think you will find it hard to make a profit because the value of tether is always flat..
QB Horse

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:46:04 PM

Ok... Tether is mostly the next crypto scam to implode unless they get this audit done that'll prove everyone wrong.

What other options do we have?
I mean for those who like to trade a portion of their portfolio with a short-term vision, having a stable pairing crypto is ideal.

I heard many talk about Steem dollars... meh.. not sure about that one.

I also heard that "TrueCoin" is coming.

What else?
MiiDoViic

Activity: 308
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:49:01 PM

Ok... Tether is mostly the next crypto scam to implode unless they get this audit done that'll prove everyone wrong.

What other options do we have?
I mean for those who like to trade a portion of their portfolio with a short-term vision, having a stable pairing crypto is ideal.

I heard many talk about Steem dollars... meh.. not sure about that one.

I also heard that "TrueCoin" is coming.

What else?
Why is everyone claiming that Tether is a scam all of sudden ? Just because one scaptical kid on reddit said so ?
I don't really don't get it ,if you have proof that it's a scam more than happy to see them . Don't follow what everyone is saying with 0 knowledge. Which is very common these days with these crypto kids.
DeepestOnion

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:53:55 AM

I am not feeling very comfortable with Tether, I cannot really believe it is covered by dollars as it claims to be, and it it would turn out that there is nothing behind, that could be a catastrophe for the whole cryptocurrencies.
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 01:00:34 AM

That's because its a 1:1 pegged currency. No matter what happens in the crypto-space, its price will "almost" stay the same.

There is no underlying "advanced" technology here. Its just a pegged currency used as a way to liquidate assets temporarily when there is any downtrend.

That isn't applicable in case of tether.

LOL. Really? Good for you then.

pros of coin:

-green when others red
-didn't lose money on it

cons of coin:

That means nothing.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: