Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:39:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: thought on Tether?  (Read 480 times)
carter937

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:10:46 AM

everything seems to be red, but tether green?
that shows strength and diligence of coin, i think that they have technology that lasts and that goes forward (instead of backwards) and that it will go up in the future.

if you don't believe me, than how it can be green when everything else is red? if it can survive this dip, it can survive everything!

i'm already up 3% from a few days by investing in tether, you can join in too!

im not financial advisor, don't invest money if you don't want to lose it or gain it.

pros of coin:

-green when others red
-didn't lose money on it
-doesn't fluctuate like bitcoin

cons of coin:
-only 3% gain in last days

what do you guys thing? i'm moving all of my investment into tether, maybe you think to do same?

share thoughts.
I know at the moment the tether is falling, a Tether at the moment is only $ 0.9 we can see on https://coinmarketcap.com/. I think this is the right time for us to buy a lot of Tether to prepare for the shopping, it can be seen that bitcoin is on the decline is a very beautiful time for us to get ready to step into the trade. .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Makrochain

Activity: 130

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:14:20 AM

that shows strength and diligence of coin, i think that they have technology that lasts and that goes forward (instead of backwards) and that it will go up in the future.

if you don't believe me, than how it can be green when everything else is red? if it can survive this dip, it can survive everything!

im not financial advisor, don't invest money if you don't want to lose it or gain it.

pros of coin:

-green when others red
-didn't lose money on it

cons of coin:

what do you guys thing? i'm moving all of my investment into tether, maybe you think to do same?

share thoughts.
We all know that Tether is an intermediary currency for us to trade. Because the price of Tether fluctuates a lot and is always at $ 1 equals $ 1, we can take advantage of that to trade. At present, bitcoin prices are falling sharply and other coin prices are falling. This is a great time to buy a lot of Tether to prepare for the coming storm.
Good luck
QB Horse

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:59:32 PM

Ok... Tether is mostly the next crypto scam to implode unless they get this audit done that'll prove everyone wrong.

What other options do we have?
I mean for those who like to trade a portion of their portfolio with a short-term vision, having a stable pairing crypto is ideal.

I heard many talk about Steem dollars... meh.. not sure about that one.

I also heard that "TrueCoin" is coming.

What else?
Why is everyone claiming that Tether is a scam all of sudden ? Just because one scaptical kid on reddit said so ?
I don't really don't get it ,if you have proof that it's a scam more than happy to see them . Don't follow what everyone is saying with 0 knowledge. Which is very common these days with these crypto kids.

Well, nobody has proof that Tether is a scam but you can't deny the fact that it looks suspicious. They just printed another $600M over the last few days and there is no way to make sure it is really pegged to US dollars.

Everyone was screaming loud and clear that Bitconnect was a scam and you know how it ended, right?
Today, a significant portion of the crypto community screams loud and clear that Tether is a scam... who knows how it's going to end?

You can't also deny that Tether is not helping their own credibility case by not providing the answers everyone is asking>
Fawad Escobar

Activity: 151

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:08:20 PM

WTH Tether is SHIT just to manipulate btc Price
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:12:32 PM

Why is everyone claiming that Tether is a scam all of sudden ? Just because one scaptical kid on reddit said so ?
I don't really don't get it ,if you have proof that it's a scam more than happy to see them . Don't follow what everyone is saying with 0 knowledge. Which is very common these days with these crypto kids.

It is not "all of a sudden" that Tether has been discussed as a possible scam. You can even find threads since 2016 questioning a lot of things about Tether - like how they are linked to two exchanges, how they have been running into trouble with a US bank. Probably, most importantly, how Tether can be created out of nothing (and has happened). And how they say plainly they owe you nothing if they never honor your withdrawal.

There may be no proof, but there is always more and more evidence. It is not transparent, it is very suspicious. It is almost like the fiat it is pegged to. Inflationary, printed whenever there is a need.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 02:12:48 PM

The point is tether has always been a safe haven for investors during red days when all cryptos go down and worthy of note is the fact that it is actually 'Tethered' to the USD dollar at a 1:1 ratio and so its price will rarely ever skyrocket that much.In any case it still continues to be a currency of choice for investors during red days.

crypt0heaven

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:00:07 PM

pros of coin:

-green when others red
-didn't lose money on it

cons of coin:

share thoughts.

Tether unfortunately is shady as fuck. I dont know why they dont just clear the air. Its causing a lot of tension for a lot of people. That being said, it wont crash the market more than 30% which is not so bad. I think its a lot of FUD to freak out new people.
ChickenDuck

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:39:38 PM

When everything is go down, USDT would be green because people try to sell theirs coins to USDT.
But when BTC is up, the USDT could not up much and it will be red vs BTC.

pros of coin:

-green when others red
-didn't lose money on it

cons of coin:

share thoughts.
QB Horse

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:15:30 PM

I'm not saying Tether is not a scam, but I start to hear people saying that some large BCash whales like Roger Finger Ver are funding Bitfinex'ed and will back him in the event of a lawsuit.

Think about it for sec... who would benefit from a collapse of both USDT and BTC?
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:10:49 PM

I'm not saying Tether is not a scam, but I start to hear people saying that some large BCash whales like Roger Finger Ver are funding Bitfinex'ed and will back him in the event of a lawsuit.

Think about it for sec... who would benefit from a collapse of both USDT and BTC?
Tether and Bitfinex are in great danger of being financially investigated by the US government due to fraudulent suspects and failing to prove bank reserves, which is a serious problem the reason is that the whole market has fallen sharply in the past few days. If there is no escape for the USDT problem, Tether will be in trouble.
jsrenthourse

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:02:15 AM

pros of coin:

-green when others red
-didn't lose money on it

cons of coin:

share thoughts.
As people have known about the recent tethering of Tether (USDT) and investors are increasingly cautious and lose trust in Tether.

Bitfinex is a force behind Tether, in other words, Bitfinex and Tether are closely related, and their team pledges that their USDT amount corresponds to the amount of their USD reserves. they.

According to data on coinmarketcap.com, trading volume of BTC / USDT daily traded is about 11.37% of total trading volume of BTC. In addition, if our assumptions are correct, we will have to add BitTorrent BTC / USD trading volume of 5.91%, so trading volume of BTC / USDT accounts for 17.28 % of total transaction volume of BTC, this is a significant number of it!
coinscircle

Activity: 202

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:16:17 AM

Are you even serious? or are you just trolling?

Tether(USDT) is tethered to 1 USD hence tether only hovering $1 or a few cents more or less. You're pretty much investing on something that's supposedly not going to move in value. Though it's debatable whether or not it's safe to store your funds on tether.

Also, make sure to do research before investing, as it looks like you definitely didn't do any research with your tether "investment".

Read: https://tether.to/

If what I read is right. Your investment will not grow even if you will hold if for a long period of time, is that right? So what is the sense of investing to it? LOL
I have known for a long time that there has been a lot of debate around the Tether, a type of electronic asset that the company claims is anchored to the US dollar. And in the latest happenings, the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has sent orders to Bitfinex and Tether for undisclosed reasons.

The US Futures Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has sent subpoenas to Bitfinex and Tether
The US Futures Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) sent subpoenas to both companies on Dec. 6, according to a report by Bloomberg, quoted an unfamiliar source familiar with the matter. This.
QB Horse

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:58:01 PM

Tether and Bitfinex are in great danger of being financially investigated by the US government due to fraudulent suspects and failing to prove bank reserves, which is a serious problem the reason is that the whole market has fallen sharply in the past few days. If there is no escape for the USDT problem, Tether will be in trouble.

I agree it looks suspicious and $2B for most people that are invested in crypto is lots of money, but for financial institutions it's peanuts.

I'm like 51% scam / 49% legit at this point.
I'm trying to find arguments as to why it would be legit and the more I dig the more I find everyone repeating the Tether FUD like minions without doing any research.
When 99% of people are going right, I like to look what's on the left side!

That's the first positive point of view I've seen on Tether for a long time and it came from someone that went directly to the source.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMhqGnQLfdQ

Anyway, probably only the future will tell who's right and who's won't... just like only the future will tell if the Russians are really behind the US elections (not related to crypto)
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 04:52:41 PM

Mainly whales use Tether to take all the profits fast then make the rest of the Bitcoin and altcoin markets crash for their convenience. They use Tether as a tool to bleed the markets, shake out all the panic sellers and weak hands so they can get maximum profits fast, this is what Tether is a safe haven for their capital and huge profits. There are big whale clubs in various chat rooms where whales gather and discuss how are they going to control and affect the market for their benefit to make all the others in the end big losers, except for early adopters of coins.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 07:52:11 PM

Mainly whales use Tether to take all the profits fast then make the rest of the Bitcoin and altcoin markets crash for their convenience. They use Tether as a tool to bleed the markets, shake out all the panic sellers and weak hands so they can get maximum profits fast, this is what Tether is a safe haven for their capital and huge profits. There are big whale clubs in various chat rooms where whales gather and discuss how are they going to control and affect the market for their benefit to make all the others in the end big losers, except for early adopters of coins.
you talk about forums and chats where big whales discuss such important things, But I'm still inclined to think that these are fairly closed communities and it's very difficult to get there.
yesss

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:02:40 AM

pros of coin:

-green when others red
-didn't lose money on it

cons of coin:

share thoughts.
I know that the price of Tether has started to rise again and start recovering. The good news and positive signals of the Tether have also partly helped bitcoins rise again in recent days. After suffering a huge storm, the price of bitcoin has dropped to $ 6000, but the current time has been adjusted to the $ 8100 level.
jsrenthourse

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:44:23 AM

pros of coin:

-green when others red
-didn't lose money on it

cons of coin:

share thoughts.
I believe that a series of bad news related to Tether, a coin worth of US dollars, has had a lot of impact on the market and especially on bitcoins. We can see that bitcoin is losing value in a matter of weeks, with bitcoins dropping to $ 6,000, down more than 70% in value over the five weeks.
maimainguyen05

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:43:09 AM

Tether (USDT) is one of the most stable cryptos in the cryptocurrencies market. Whenever market rates are unstable or falling sharply, the USDA remains steady at a rate of $ 1. So when the market shows signs of decline, investors usually exchange all the USDT to avoid losses. Thus, USDT is one of the most stable coins in the market.

BountyX

Activity: 352

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:47:50 AM

Most of the users here already explained that tether is not suppose to grow in value, since it was created to represent the dollar. So 1 tether, should also be equivalent to 1 dollar, no matter what is happening to the market. I will only add that there was a lot of controversy regarding tether, claiming that they did not hold enough dollars to support it's marketcap. This would mean that they might have been "printing" tether to be able to hide any possible losses, and if all the current tether users decided to cash out, they wouldn't be able to do it, because there was not enough money there to make the payments.

Users were asking for an audit, but I haven't heard any recent news saying that those issues were solved. Have anyone here heard anything else about this?

I have only heard that it still has not been solved - which is bad. The reliability of Tether must be established ASAP.
As for this thread, it is amazing to see how many people seem to be dealing with and possibly trading cryptocurrencies they have no clues about.

DiceChain

Activity: 353

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:12:59 PM

Easy to understand. Tether is usd. 1 USDT (tether) = 1USD. There is not much difference. US $ 0.99-1.02. Tether is born to ensure capital balance if needed
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: