Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:17:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can i short Tesla stock using bitcoin?  (Read 1615 times)
Seth Otterstad (OP)

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:49:39 PM

I want to short tesla.  What is the best way to do this reasonably fast?  I have a US and UK bank account if converting to fiat first is the best way.

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dRMergatroid

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:39:45 PM

Ha. That's funny. 115 views and no reply.

Why don't you try a broker.

or a friend with a brokerage account...
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:43:22 PM

Be careful. While it's exceedingly overbought and certainly in a bubble (which will ultimately pop), equity strength usually continues in the absence of major divergences.
stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 11:36:53 PM

Be careful. While it's exceedingly overbought and certainly in a bubble (which will ultimately pop), equity strength usually continues in the absence of major divergences.

so true, OP look at netflix for instance, it was overbought and in a bubble when it first hit $140 a share, when it hit $200 a share, AND when it hit $300 a share

it was obvious to anyone that looked that they had a lot of debt that would be due soon but this ***never*** became "already priced in" as analysts & economists would say

it finally crashed to $70 over multiple quarters, and declined a little further below an expected value

Tesla is following a very similar story, regarding debt and share price increases
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 11:39:27 PM

Is it overbought? I see them all over the place in LA.

I'm grumpy!!
hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 12:11:19 AM

I want to short tesla.  What is the best way to do this reasonably fast?  I have a US and UK bank account if converting to fiat first is the best way.

Try: https://www.predictious.com/
Official thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264443.0

Seth Otterstad (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 04:02:40 AM

so true, OP look at netflix for instance, it was overbought and in a bubble when it first hit $140 a share, when it hit $200 a share, AND when it hit $300 a share

it was obvious to anyone that looked that they had a lot of debt that would be due soon but this ***never*** became "already priced in" as analysts & economists would say

it finally crashed to $70 over multiple quarters, and declined a little further below an expected value

Tesla is following a very similar story, regarding debt and share price increases

I don't see how netflix supports this position, since it was at $63 one year after it was at $140.  I see that if I shorted at $140, I would have been squeezed out of my short at $280 and forced to buy back, eliminating any gain from the crash.  I don't consider a short squeeze a problem with Tesla, because if the price doubles in a year, putting it near GM market cap, I will want to short it with a position several times larger than the position I am currently looking at.  Tesla has sold 15,000 vehicles.  GM sells 15,000 every two days.

Almost half of Tesla sales are to California.  What you are seeing is not representative of the US market.

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
stslimited

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:25:23 AM

I don't see how netflix supports this position, since it was at $63 one year after it was at $140.  I see that if I shorted at $140, I would have been squeezed out of my short at $280 and forced to buy back, eliminating any gain from the crash.  I don't consider a short squeeze a problem with Tesla, because if the price doubles in a year, putting it near GM market cap, I will want to short it with a position several times larger than the position I am currently looking at.  Tesla has sold 15,000 vehicles.  GM sells 15,000 every two days.

Almost half of Tesla sales are to California.  What you are seeing is not representative of the US market.

The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.
redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:28:37 AM

Isn't there a place on tor where you can buy stocks using bitocin?  Look for it.
Seth Otterstad (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:33:20 PM

If I were risking my own solvency, I would agree.  Tesla stock would have to hit 1k for me to risk

I can't believe no one runs a bucket shop that accepts bitcoin.  Maybe I should start one.  I am not going to risk a lot of money on a tor site.

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:42:41 PM

I think they are. Ferrari market cap 7.7B. Tesla currently nearly 20B

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:50:26 PM

If I were risking my own solvency, I would agree.  Tesla stock would have to hit 1k for me to risk

I can't believe no one runs a bucket shop that accepts bitcoin.  Maybe I should start one.  I am not going to risk a lot of money on a tor site.

I think because of regulation it would be too difficult to do.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
bizz

Activity: 492

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:13:23 PM

1broker.com offers CFDs on few US stocks but not on Tesla I think. Maybe try to contact owner to see if he wants to include it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: