Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:58:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Seeking a 10.6 BTC Loan  (Read 783 times)
Walking Glitch (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Amateur Professional

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:11:50 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2013, 04:20:24 AM by Walking Glitch

I worked something even better than an Asicminer blade out with someone I know in person. Thanks for the advice (and positive criticism) everyone.

I am looking for a 10.6 Bitcoin loan for the purchase of an Asicminer Blade Erupter here. The interest rate shall be 10 percent.

I know that I am new here, so I am willing to provide proof of my residence and identity, and any other assurance of repayment that I possibly can, to serious lenders. Before I provide any information to my identity or residence however, you will be required to prove that you have enough Bitcoins for the loan, and are serious about the loan.

I am also willing to use a reputable escrow service in a manner that makes sense if the lender so desires.

The methods and terms of repayment, to be negotiated before the loan:

1: Upon receiving, setting up, and testing of the blade to ensure that it is in working order, I shall point it to a worker at a pool agreed upon by both myself and the lender with a way for both of us to monitor the revenue generated by the miner (i.e. by screenshots, screen cam, joint log in, or another method negotiated before the loan) until the loan plus interest (11.66 Bitcoins) is paid off. The lender shall also pay ten percent of the income to myself in order to cover the electricity costs of operating the machine. In the event that ten percent of the income is not paid to myself in a given month, I shall redirect the miner to my own account at a pool of my choosing for five days in order to pay for the electricity usage for the month, before pointing the miner back to the pool originally agreed upon.

2: Alternatively after receiving, setting up, and testing of the Blade I shall point it to a pool of my choice and holding, and pay out to an address (minus ten percent to cover electricity costs of operating the machine) that I have proven that I control, until there is a total of 11.66 Bitcoin held at the stated address, which shall then be paid to the address provided by the lender. I can also pay to the lender what he is due from the address no more than twice per month. This is the preferred method.

After successful repayment of the loan, both parties are encouraged to leave positive feedback.

In the event of a default on the loan, myself and the lender will talk over how to proceed. As collateral, I have a functioning Desktop computer with an approximate value of $1000+ (Less the Hard Drives) of which I will provide proof of ownership to a serious lender along with my proof of residence and identity.

All exchange of personal information shall take place through PM, Skype chat, or a reputable escrow service. Myself and the lender will also share contact information which at the least includes a Skype contact and personal email account to contact each other at in case of issues. A mobile phone number is also preferable.

All exchanged personal information is not to be shared with anyone else for any reason, at any time, except in the event of a potential scam committed by one of the parties, in which case the information shall be shared only to the extent necessary to recover losses, or establish good faith once again.

If you wish to add any terms, we can negotiate them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:25:59 PM

As collateral, I have a functioning Desktop computer with an approximate value of $1000+ (Less the Hard Drives) of which I will provide proof of ownership to a serious lender along with my proof of residence and identity.

That is not collateral!   You need to send something to the lender that can easily be sold for the amount of the loan plus interest.  You wouldn't want to pay to ship a computer both ways, and $1000 is not enough collateral anyway, even if the computer could be sold for that.

Your proving you own your computer will not give the lender back his coins if you default.

Try again.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Walking Glitch (OP)

Amateur Professional

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:28:27 PM

As collateral, I have a functioning Desktop computer with an approximate value of $1000+ (Less the Hard Drives) of which I will provide proof of ownership to a serious lender along with my proof of residence and identity.

That is not collateral!   You need to send something to the lender that can easily be sold for the amount of the loan plus interest.  You wouldn't want to pay to ship a computer both ways, and $1000 is not enough collateral anyway, even if the computer could be sold for that.

Your proving you own your computer will not give the lender back his coins if you default.

Try again.

Actually it is collateral:
In lending agreements, collateral is a borrower's pledge of specific property to a lender, to secure repayment of a loan.
-Wikipedia

And when getting a mortgage, that is also a valid type of collateral.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:31:15 PM

It's not collateral we will accept here.

You default, and I have a piece of paper saying you own a computer.   Grin

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:32:45 PM

no, thats not collateral on 10k dingus.

ps that 1000 dollar computer is really worth about 400 bucks.
Walking Glitch (OP)

Amateur Professional

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:34:40 PM

You make a good point. Wink I would be willing to work out an arrangement where the Lender hosts he machine until it has paid for itself either partially or entirely, if that interests anyone.
Walking Glitch (OP)

Amateur Professional

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:37:42 PM

The interest rate shall be 10 percent.

You will never be able to payback with this high interest rate. You are probably a scammer, cause most people wouldn't put in a huge interest rate.

I figured it seemed reasonable considering the risk of a new member such as myself. If it makes you comfortable I can lower it to 5%. The rates and terms are negotiable.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:38:04 PM

You default, and I have a piece of paper saying you own a computer.   Grin

You make a good point. Wink I would be willing to work out an arrangement where the Lender hosts he machine until it has paid for itself either partially or entirely, if that interests anyone.

I've done this before for people.  But not 100%.  Put up 40% of the purchase price yourself and maybe you can find someone who will finance the other 60% with those terms.

You want 100% financed, so there is zero risk to you - the lender would be better off buying it for himself and making a lot more than 10%.

ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:39:36 PM

good point. you should be able to come up with a few hundred dollars at least.
Walking Glitch (OP)

Amateur Professional

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:40:19 PM

I've done this before for people.  But not 100%.  Put up 40% of the purchase price yourself and maybe you can find someone who will finance the other 60% with those terms.

You want 100% financed, so there is zero risk to you.

Good suggestion. If no one else wishes to to work on something similar to the original terms, then I will probably try again with something like that.
Walking Glitch (OP)

Amateur Professional

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:19:22 AM

I worked something out with a friend I know in person, and on something even better than an Asicminer blade.

Thanks for all of the advice (and positive criticism) everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: