Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:38:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins stolen - What can I do?  (Read 342 times)
anomam (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:07:32 PM

Hey there, i got a problem, because someone stole my bitcoin from my Blockchain-wallet. This person somehow hacked my personal information and logged himself in in my account, although I used all the needed security. At the 28.11.17 the money was sent to this address: 1NMcGJMHZdXHA6Bm87MPvYzckwWRFLQkUp . If anybody knows anything about what I can do now or about the given account, I'd be very grateful if you contacted me. I heard that you can report the police in England about this theme, but I'm not sure if this will help. If you need any further information, just ask me.
Thank you:)
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
akiash

Activity: 152

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:18:23 PM

Hey there, i got a problem, because someone stole my bitcoin from my Blockchain-wallet. This person somehow hacked my personal information and logged himself in in my account, although I used all the needed security. At the 28.11.17 the money was sent to this address: 1NMcGJMHZdXHA6Bm87MPvYzckwWRFLQkUp . If anybody knows anything about what I can do now or about the given account, I'd be very grateful if you contacted me. I heard that you can report the police in England about this theme, but I'm not sure if this will help. If you need any further information, just ask me.

Hi, Sorry to hear that. But I don't think there is nothing much you can do about this. Always try to follow good security practices in the future. Good luck.
dietmarfritz59

Activity: 113
Merit: 31

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:32:11 PM

Yes, unfortunately, I am not sure if there is anything you can do. The police may be able to help, but from what I have read there is probably nothing much they can actually do.

kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:44:04 PM

That is really sad to know, although stealing is hard, you may have logged in from some un safe place or website that could have caused the incident. so be careful always.

ethercrystalofficial

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:15:58 PM

Hi there, I believe the best you can do is track where it goes. But in reality, it doesn't look like you can do much. Unfrotunately. Police won't be able to help much since a bitcoin address is not tied to anyone's identity
I suggest getting a hardware wallet like trezor or ledger next time so it'll be practically impossible to steal your funds!
ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:24:54 PM

They are gone. Reporting it wont help.

mjenkins

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:24:59 AM

Sounds like your computer has malware or someone who has access to your computer is a thief.
linyhan

Activity: 684
Merit: 250

Early Funders Registration: monartis.com

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:38:00 AM

Im so sorry about your lost but the thing that you can do is to accept it, cause theres no way you can do to get back you bitcoin that was stolen. 

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   A New Crypto-Payment Platform   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█      Telegram  ]      [   Medium   ]      [   ICO Page   ]      [  Facebook  ]      [ Instagram ]      █
beggo

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:09:37 AM

Dang dude that must suck. I can't even imagine that happening to anyone. I hope you end up getting them back!!

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1722154)
Crytptohack

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:25:21 AM

Since this market is unregulated, there is no financial over site which basically means that your on your own. There is no SEC or CFTC (In USA) to turn to if we get ripped off.

IMO, it's best to keep your stuff on a hardware wallet to be 100% safe - Trezor or Ledger.
Blackfurysm

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:24:38 AM

I"m afraid, there's no way to do anything about that. It's the other side of decentralisation factor
Lorfarfor

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:39:18 AM

It remains only to regret and blame yourself for not taking this into account and taking action against hacking. Nobody knows that it is not safe from this, but the locks should be closed more tightly.
cerealnac

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:43:30 AM

i am sorry for your lost bitcoin. Like everyone else has said, there is no retrieving them once they are gone.
Jasell

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 07:17:37 AM

I am sorry to hear that. Yes I agree that you can't do anything about it. Hackers don't have soul. Learn hard from your experience, better yet purchase a hardware wallet. It's really a must to take all precautionary measures.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
msuheb

Activity: 136
Merit: 5

Einc : An Ethereum Fork

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:58:35 AM

Yes, unfortunately, I am not sure if there is anything you can do. The police may be able to help, but from what I have read there is probably nothing much they can actually do.

That is only the one thing about bitcoins that is very obvious...You can not do anything if once they are lost or stolen...
N4psBusiness

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:26:25 PM

There is an application named Rabbit Wallet, developed by Bitmain, so it has to be fully working. Now my problem is that i sent btc inside this wallet, but now i tried any way possible to send them out but this scam application wont let me send anywhere my btc. Please if someone has the same issue tell me what to do. It is the only case between my wallets which gave me this problem i am not able to fix. The backup and restore of this wallet is only possible trough a qr code image which isnt recognised even by the application itself. There is any possibilities to back up with passphrase and any private key provided by the app. It is a BIP32 technology wallet. I really dont know how to solve this problem. Please Help
fraufreiheit

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:23:57 PM

All you can do now is to learn how to prevent it in future. Why didn't you use cold storage?

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
MarkZuckerCoin

Activity: 34
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:49:07 AM

There is nothing you can do about it ... unless you are able to track down who is it which is hard, hackers will be smart and clean their fingerprint so good luck finding your funds back, next time use a hardware wallet

am⟲n.tech | Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases
| Join Whitelist today for Private ICO (on 1st March) | Get 25% Bonus + FREE Gold Card |
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:56:34 AM

Like everyone else said, I think you will just need to accept the loss. I dread the day it happens to me.

I would suggest you:
1. immediately burn all your old wallets and move your funds to new ones for whatever crypto you may have left.
2. Store private keys on paper where ever you can.
3. Format your PC, master reset your phone
4. Change your email password

If one thing got compromised you should always assume everything has been.

Best of luck mate, sorry for your loss.

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
baabaing

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 05:07:34 AM

The most terrifying thing about cryptocurrency tbh, sorry Sad
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: