Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:52:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asrock H110 Pro BTC+ questions  (Read 130 times)
IDaveN (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:49:19 PM

Heyo!

So im fairly new to mining but im in the process of building a 12 gpu rig on the Asrock H110 Pro BTC+.
However i've come across a ton of contradicting information so far.

So theres 2 molex connectors on the board itself, i guess to provide juice to the pci-e ports and i've read some posts saying that i should not use powered risers because of this... I highly doubt thats the case, but thats why I'm here asking you guys.

Apart from that, I'll be using 3 different PSU's to power my 12 Sapphire RX580 Pulse 8GB and the risers. Got those layin around aswell as just enough cables.
My question regarding this is the following: Some people said I will need to connect all the risers to the main PSU which powers the mainboard itself, while others said it's important to have each riser powered by the same PSU that powers the GPU connected to it. Now I'm confused, since I've found multiple contradicting infos and I have no clue what to believe... Does it simply not matter or does anyone in here actually know?

btw my PSUs are: EVGA 1600W G2, 2x EVGA 1000W P2 and the risers are: 5x Molex powered and 10x 6pin powered

Hope you guys can help me out!

Cheers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTC22

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:55:10 PM

Heyo!

So im fairly new to mining but im in the process of building a 12 gpu rig on the Asrock H110 Pro BTC+.
However i've come across a ton of contradicting information so far.

So theres 2 molex connectors on the board itself, i guess to provide juice to the pci-e ports and i've read some posts saying that i should not use powered risers because of this... I highly doubt thats the case, but thats why I'm here asking you guys.

Apart from that, I'll be using 3 different PSU's to power my 12 Sapphire RX580 Pulse 8GB aswell as the risers. Got those layin around aswell as just enough cables
My question regarding this is the following: Some people said I will need to connect all the risers to the main PSU which powers the mainboard itself, while others said it's important to have each riser powered by the same PSU that powers the GPU connected to it. Now I'm confused, since I've found multiple contradicting infos and I have no clue what to believe... Does it simply not matter or does anyone in here actually know?

btw my PSUs are: EVGA 1600W G2, 2x EVGA 1000W P2 and the risers are: 5x Molex powered and 10x 6pin powered

Hope you guys can help me out!

Cheers!

I use risers on this board and run two PSU's. I have the riser and GPU connected to the same PSU for each.
IDaveN (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:15:29 PM

I use risers on this board and run two PSU's. I have the riser and GPU connected to the same PSU for each.

meaning you have risers connected to a PSU which does not power the mainboard, but each riser connected to either PSU also powers the according GPU also has a GPU powered by the same PSU? did i understand that correctly? Smiley

edit: im havin trouble phrasing this sentence apparently, lol

All im trying to say is: a pack of riser + GPU in its slot, are both powered by the same PSU, meaning you dont have all risers connected to the PSU which powers the board
smc_masters

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:34:17 PM

I have this board running 8 AMD cards. Setting it up was a huge pain in the ass. Im using 2 PSU's and sata powered risers. Each riser is connected to the same PSU as the card but my problems weren't because of the risers. From what i managed to understand setting up my rig is that this board doesn't do well with AMD cards.
IDaveN (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:29:47 PM

I have this board running 8 AMD cards. Setting it up was a huge pain in the ass. Im using 2 PSU's and sata powered risers. Each riser is connected to the same PSU as the card but my problems weren't because of the risers. From what i managed to understand setting up my rig is that this board doesn't do well with AMD cards.

ive heard people having issues, however ive also heard people having no issues whatsoever  Roll Eyes

also, people reported that the 1x riser cards are too close to each other causing a short, hope that wont happen with mine  Cry
BTC22

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:24:03 PM

meaning you have risers connected to a PSU which does not power the mainboard, but each riser connected to either PSU also powers the according GPU also has a GPU powered by the same PSU? did i understand that correctly? Smiley

edit: im havin trouble phrasing this sentence apparently, lol

All im trying to say is: a pack of riser + GPU in its slot, are both powered by the same PSU, meaning you dont have all risers connected to the PSU which powers the board

I have 4  risers and GPU's connected to the motherboard on one PSU and two cards, risers and motherboard connected to the other.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: