Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:04:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ❌ [ANN][ICO] Daox — the open Protocol for ICOs 2.0 (new topic)  (Read 16189 times)
personxw

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:44:05 AM

If the source code is open, why would ICO projects use your smart contract to deploy the DAICO if they can just copy-paste the code and get rid of your dxc token?

There are several major reasons why it is better to have a genuine DAO, instead of copy-pasting the source code.

First of all, its free and there is no commission charged. We clearly understand that this solution has to be widely accessible to everyone, in order to become widely adopted. Secondly, token sale participants should only trust the genuine code, as this is the only way for them to make sure that they get what is proposed by the protocol. Thirdly, there is no need to get rid of the DXC token. DXC token is there to help get access to trusted ICO-related services at a discounted price and to connect third-party modules directly to the DAOs, created using the protocol. However, if they don't like to raise DXC tokens or to deposit them, they don't have to.

On top of that, each project that run the entire token sale using the Daox Protocol might be featured on the Daox.Network and across the whole Daox community. We are also working on the service that would be kind of Etherscan for Daox-based token sales.

The bottomline is that there are only positive effects of running the token sale using the genuine Daox smart-contracts.

I'm not sure that it is sufficient but I'll leave it there for now.

I don't believe that the whole idea will work, as ICOs need to keep ETH locked without being able to exchange to fiat. Don't you think that the market is to volatile to have ETH as a source of financing for 1-2-3 years? For instance, I've recently read an article on TC saying that the ETH will collapse as a currency and they had pretty good rationale there.
daox (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

Daox — the Future of ICOs

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 10:03:50 AM

Project looks pretty cool, but I miss some information. 1) What exactly is the product? Some info about the product somewhere? 2) Some information about devs somewhere?

1) The product is an Ethereum based framework for deploying token sales based on the concept of decentralized autonomous organization (DAO). There is also the Daox.Network (https://daox.network) which is the interface for interacting with these token sales in a convenient way.  2) https://daox.org/#Team
daox (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 10:07:56 AM

If the source code is open, why would ICO projects use your smart contract to deploy the DAICO if they can just copy-paste the code and get rid of your dxc token?

There are several major reasons why it is better to have a genuine DAO, instead of copy-pasting the source code.

First of all, its free and there is no commission charged. We clearly understand that this solution has to be widely accessible to everyone, in order to become widely adopted. Secondly, token sale participants should only trust the genuine code, as this is the only way for them to make sure that they get what is proposed by the protocol. Thirdly, there is no need to get rid of the DXC token. DXC token is there to help get access to trusted ICO-related services at a discounted price and to connect third-party modules directly to the DAOs, created using the protocol. However, if they don't like to raise DXC tokens or to deposit them, they don't have to.

On top of that, each project that run the entire token sale using the Daox Protocol might be featured on the Daox.Network and across the whole Daox community. We are also working on the service that would be kind of Etherscan for Daox-based token sales.

The bottomline is that there are only positive effects of running the token sale using the genuine Daox smart-contracts.

I'm not sure that it is sufficient but I'll leave it there for now.

I don't believe that the whole idea will work, as ICOs need to keep ETH locked without being able to exchange to fiat. Don't you think that the market is to volatile to have ETH as a source of financing for 1-2-3 years? For instance, I've recently read an article on TC saying that the ETH will collapse as a currency and they had pretty good rationale there.

This is exactly why the protocol supports any ERC20 token, so the startup team can exchange ETH to ERC20-based stable coin or raise stable coin in the first place. We are also working on more advanced solutions related to keeping the funds safe from market fluctuations.
Rihydtersgreen

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:14:47 AM

Project looks pretty cool, but I miss some information. 1) What exactly is the product? Some info about the product somewhere? 2) Some information about devs somewhere?
daox (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 11:37:40 AM

1) The product is an Ethereum based framework for deploying token sales based on the concept of decentralized autonomous organization (DAO). There is also the Daox.Network (https://daox.network) which is the interface for interacting with these token sales in a convenient way.  2) https://daox.org/#Team
daox (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 05:31:56 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2018, 05:48:12 PM by daox

Blockchain-based MMO game “The Planet” to run its entire token sale using the Daox Protocol

We are thrilled to announce the first project that is conducting its entire token sale using the Daox Protocol.

It also start with the DXC-presale stage aimed at raising 3,000,000 DXC tokens! The DXC price is pegged at 0.002ETH.

You can participate in this token sale with your DXC tokens right away: https://daox.network/planet

Know more: https://medium.com/daox/blockchain-based-mmo-game-the-planet-to-run-its-entire-token-sale-using-the-daox-protocol-b7404d9d0030
Darrell-Hopkins

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:48:45 PM

Hello,
That's so very nice having now such a great opportunity to invest in a really strong coin ! coin of the future, no doubt! ! To the Moon ! To the Moon ! To the Moon !
dzelenyanskiy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:12:54 PM

I have accompanying the Daox project for a long time by participating in its bounty campaign on Twitter and I'm interested in the question - does the project team know now, on which exchange will the token be listed after the end of the ICO? Thanks in advance!
daox (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 11:40:05 AM

I have accompanying the Daox project for a long time by participating in its bounty campaign on Twitter and I'm interested in the question - does the project team know now, on which exchange will the token be listed after the end of the ICO? Thanks in advance!

Although we can't comment on what exchanges are we partnering with, we can say that the DXC token is already attracting attention from various of them.  
daox (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 11:41:30 AM

Can you explain about the staking a bit.Will wallet be out before the end of the ICO for the desktop or will we be able to stake on mobile devices also?

We don't require staking in anyway. Please, visit daox.org website to know more about the project.
daox (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 12:28:14 PM

Hey,
After reading a bit through your website I must say that I'm pretty excited about the project. Gonna read through your whitepaper further and come back to explore more. It will be a significant project.

Thanks for the feedback!

More good news:
Blockchain-based messaging and social app Vibeo to sell part of their tokens using the Daox Protocol

https://medium.com/daox/blockchain-based-messaging-and-social-app-vibeo-to-sell-part-of-their-tokens-using-the-daox-c49a3ad1d821
personxw

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:41:06 PM

I can see project "the planet" is raising DXC tokens which is ridiculous! I don't really get what are they going to do with these tokens and how are they planning on funding their development with dxc? its not even listied at any exchange yet.
daox (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 12:57:22 PM

I can see project "the planet" is raising DXC tokens which is ridiculous! I don't really get what are they going to do with these tokens and how are they planning on funding their development with dxc? its not even listied at any exchange yet.

First of all, thanks for following our updates!

We work closely with first projects that conduct their token sales using the Daox Protocol as it is in our interest to help them succeed. As you may know Daox is not only the solution for token sales, but also an ecosystem of crypto-related services (such as KYC services, bounty, ratings, marketing, etc.). So, on the one hand the DXC token is used to get access to such services, on the other hand the project is getting attention from the Daox community. They will definitely run their main sale stage with ETH accepted, and they will fund the development with the funds raised at this stage, while part of DXC tokens will be used for promotional and other service purposes.

By the way, you can always see how the process is going and how the funds are being spent as Daox Protocol makes it completely transparent.
tape_ket1

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:11:24 PM

Daox is proposing an advanced open source technological solution and unified protocol that aims to fix all these problems, preserving the benefits of crypto, raising the efficiency of capital and establishing the basis for the future investment industry.

The founders and leaders of the project are recognized professionals in their fields and in the blockchain industry. The project has a strong advisory board. Blockchain technology is necessary for the project. The legal structure of the company is transparent.

I think it's one of perfect ICO project of 2018.
austinjon09

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:24:30 AM

Sounds good! looking forward to learn more Cheesy

Thank you! 

Also join our Telegram chat (english only): https://t.me/daoxchat
personxw

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:48:57 PM

We work closely with first projects that conduct their token sales using the Daox Protocol as it is in our interest to help them succeed. As you may know Daox is not only the solution for token sales, but also an ecosystem of crypto-related services (such as KYC services, bounty, ratings, marketing, etc.). So, on the one hand the DXC token is used to get access to such services, on the other hand the project is getting attention from the Daox community. They will definitely run their main sale stage with ETH accepted, and they will fund the development with the funds raised at this stage, while part of DXC tokens will be used for promotional and other service purposes.

By the way, you can always see how the process is going and how the funds are being spent as Daox Protocol makes it completely transparent.

So for the token holders this means that your DXC tokens will be dumped by the project once the token sale is finished and you can guess what will happen to the its price on exchanges.
daox (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 02:46:59 PM

So for the token holders this means that your DXC tokens will be dumped by the project once the token sale is finished and you can guess what will happen to the its price on exchanges.

No, they won't be selling DXC tokens, as these tokens could either be used to get access to different token sale related services on the Daox Network, or to be partially withdrawn but only after all the ETH funds are spent. So, the outcome is that DXC tokens will be held in a DAO instead of being sold off on exchanges.

Know more about other benefits and uses of DXC here: https://daox.org/#Token
personxw

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:55:40 PM

No, they won't be selling DXC tokens, as these tokens could either be used to get access to different token sale related services on the Daox Network, or to be partially withdrawn but only after all the ETH funds are spent. So, the outcome is that DXC tokens will be held in a DAO instead of being sold off on exchanges.

Ok, might lets consider that this might work. But still I'm don't see that another token for this project is neccessary. Are there any other project going to run their sales accepting DXCs?
daox (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 04:09:54 PM

Ok, might lets consider that this might work. But still I'm don't see that another token for this project is neccessary. Are there any other project going to run their sales accepting DXCs?

Average ICO or crowdfunding project is spending 10% of its fundraising target for marketing and other services. Since the funds in a DAO are locked, the DXC is used to get access to such services for Fundraising DAOs. On top of that, there is a variety of additional uses of DXC tokens in the Daox ecosystem.

As of the projects, we expect more and more to come in the nearest future.
daox (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 05:02:44 PM

More good news for today: Uncloak, the blockchain powered cyber threat solution, will run its token sale using the Daox Protocol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: