Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:17:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hard Caps on ICO  (Read 102 times)
thinklab71 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:05:15 PM

I understand on a ICO once a hard cap is reached they have to end the ICO.  My questions is what if their had cap is 20,000,000 and they only reach 15,000,000.   Do they still get to keep it?  The white paper talked about if they don't hit their hardcap they just scale back the model a bit for the time being.  

I thought you give all back except the soft cap?
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 06:34:07 PM

Normally what they do with the unsold coins, they burned the tokens and you have a chance to have fewer coins in circulation. Recently, many ICOs have problems reaching the hard cap.

thinklab71 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:34:30 PM

Yes but when if they reach the soft cap and not the hard cap?   Do they still keep what is raised?

This is not crowdsale or kickstarter. The hard cap is maximum amount which they would implement and they do not need more money to finish the project. The soft cap on the other side is the minimum amount which could keep the project going. If it doesn`t reach its soft cap the ICO probably choses to return the money or to start super slow with lots of deprivations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: