Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:35:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone explain to me what EOS is?  (Read 88 times)
blankcurb (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:25:04 PM

Can someone explain in a simple way, what the EOS token is and what's used for?

Some friends have been talking about, but seems like no one can explain what the project is.

chiggz

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:43:59 PM

Can someone explain in a simple way, what the EOS token is and what's used for?

Some friends have been talking about, but seems like no one can explain what the project is.

From my understanding EOS is a direct contender for Ethereum. Both allow creation of tokens. What makes EOS ahead of Ether is it can solve a lot fo scaling issues of Ethereum. Which means no more miners or TX fees. And also creation of Dapps is easier on EOS though I can't justify it as I am not a coding buff. But Ethereum has a first mover advantage here with higher maturity and not be forget the 2nd place on CMC plus a working product.

EOS is currently dangling on a testnet which means there are no real world examples of its use cases. But if they live upto their roadmap/ whitepaper and move to the maintnet in 2018 then people MIGHT start migrating towards EOS which should also boost its price and be a great investment. But saying and doing are two different things.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: