Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:17:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help with transferring to wallet  (Read 96 times)
Snowboardpunk (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:26:17 PM

hey guys I'm pretty new to mining and  want to get away from nicehash because profitability seems low. I wanted to try other pools and miners but have a question about pools. Right now I don't have a hardware or software wallet but deposit into coinbase from nicehash into gdax and then into binance and buy alts. If I use something like ahash, can I just use my gdax btc wallet? Every time I log into gdax, my wallet address seems to be changing. I know the address changes every transaction but does that mean I have to change my wallet address in the batch file everytime I have a deposit? Or if I keep it the original btc address, will it keep just depositing into gdax? Also for other pools like yiimp, who don't have auto exchanges, I wanted to mine lux or something, do I need to find another exchange or wallet that has lux?
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:55:35 PM

What coin you're mining determines the wallet or wallets you'll be using.  The pool payouts will come in the currency that you are mining, which isn't going to be btc, if you are gpu mining. 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Snowboardpunk (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:43:49 PM

What coin you're mining determines the wallet or wallets you'll be using.  The pool payouts will come in the currency that you are mining, which isn't going to be btc, if you are gpu mining. 

right now I'm using ahash which auto converts to btc. I input my gdax btc address but from what I understand it keeps changing. So do I need to keep changing my wallet address in the batch file?
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:34:33 PM

right now I'm using ahash which auto converts to btc. I input my gdax btc address but from what I understand it keeps changing. So do I need to keep changing my wallet address in the batch file?

No way would I do that unless you want to lose everything that you mine.  I personally don't recommend mining directly to an exchange.  Mine to a wallet that you control the private key to.

But lets just say you're mining zec ... Well how are you going to send zec to coinbase or gdax?  You're not, because they don't have zec wallets.  If you tell a zec pool to send your payouts to a gdax btc address, then you'll basically be wasting your time and you'll never see the currency.  You can't send anything other than btc to a btc address.

So no ... Do not put a btc address in the batch file of a zec miner that is pointed at a zec pool.  They'll end up sending zec to a btc address and then you're fucked.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: