Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:10:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electricity cost at a fixed % of mining proceeds  (Read 99 times)
BTCetera (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:53:23 PM

I have a situation where the eletricity cost (and all other expenses, rent, security, cooling, etc) are a flat 15% of the mining proceeds.

A) I will mine only GPU algos.

B) Only concerns for hardware pick is hashrate/$. I obviously do not care how efficient the card is, from an economic standpoint. I will buy cards from a distributor in China and resell them to home miners after we get 2 or 3x ROI.

C) I will use Nicehash (or an alternative), with the occasional manual switch to another pool/algo.

D) I will not reinvest profits into HW too much. On the other hand, I am ok with keeping the mined coins - I don't need to sell them for income.

In your opinion:

1) Because of B, what would be some of the better HW choices?

2) If we run something like 20 cards, is C still a good choice or after a certain amount of hash rate you are better off sticking to one coin for longer periods of time?

3) Especially in light of D, would it be best to just mine some solid coins instead of the most profitable crap coin of the week?

4) What is your avg power cost as a % of mining proceeds? It is relevant to indicate state or country + residential or industrial rates.

Finally, would you take this deal?

Want to send me a tip? 3EJTcRvvt54rv5Bn44KJbXFc7U2MXACkX9
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: