Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:03:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fees are killing/have killed Bitcoin.... it is sad but true.  (Read 667 times)
jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:51:03 PM

Why are they switching to Ethereum? That has its own fee and chain freezing problem too. As soon as something is used en masse then this will happen. If everyone switched to LTC it would happen eventually too, though it does indeed have more capacity.

That's why we've sat waiting to see if layer 2 stuff works. No conventional blockchain will ever, ever scale enough to satisfy everyone's daily spending.

Exactly this. They'd all have their own problems if they had the volume Bitcoin does. Let's not forget how crypto kitties destroyed the ethereum blockchain! Having said that, Bitcoin certainly needs to figure out a solution one way or another.
What I am not understanding is how did Cryptokitties destroy Ethereum's Blockchain? Ethereum is still getting transactions.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
newbie-hero

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:25:07 AM

Only a few years ago we had a growing number of shops here in berlin that you were able to buy food and/or drinks from for bitcoin. Right now there are no more of these stores left. And most of the sellers I used to buy things from on the big marketplaces now refuse to trade bitcoin too and changed to etherium. I know for those people that think that bitcoin is the new gold it is not that bad but bitcoin was "released" to be something completely different. Right now bitcoin is no real crypto currency at all. Buy a coffee for 2,5 bucks and pay 25 bucks fee.... sure.......... In my opinion bitcoin completely failed because of these fees and I sold every last satoshi and invested in other crypto currencies. Is there a single reason to stick to bitcoin? If yes, please feel free to tell me!

I used to work with bitcoinfees.21.co to determine the lowest possible fees. Of course commissions are still on the high level but at least I choose the cheapest way of making transactions. Use it. Maybe it will be in handy to you.
Shipitcinvova

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:48:52 PM

If you are a beginner and do not know where to start, then I recommend investing
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:00:03 PM

The high fee is also a reason for the bitcoin price crash in recent days because it is almost unusable when the price is high but now the people are changing to segwit it already mad a good effect on the number of unconfirmed transactions bland soon LN will be implemented after that bitcoin will be free to use even for the small transactions.
LienTHETRADER

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:46:48 AM

Its because of the govt financial policies that are discouraging the society to boycott btcs.
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:03:59 AM

LoL now is the time of Ethereum!
Buy them more and more, the future of crypto currency is it!
Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:16:05 AM

Now the sluggishness of bitcoin and the high cost of its transactions should be a thing of the past, since a new version of Bitcoin 0.16.0, which fully supports SegWit, has recently been released, and therefore it must quickly eliminate its shortcomings. If at least part of the lightning network is introduced into the bitcoin, it will soon be possible to buy a cup of coffee with bitcoin, and the cost of transactions will be almost zero.

mintevacuateY

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:46:27 AM

And that's why I don't wanna trade. I just am holding btcs to sell when they are in their topmost price
Trilogy-AI

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:46:05 AM

Now the sluggishness of bitcoin and the high cost of its transactions should be a thing of the past, since a new version of Bitcoin 0.16.0, which fully supports SegWit, has recently been released, and therefore it must quickly eliminate its shortcomings. If at least part of the lightning network is introduced into the bitcoin, it will soon be possible to buy a cup of coffee with bitcoin, and the cost of transactions will be almost zero.

Sure, that's the hope. In the meanwhile, transaction fees have at least come down to a more manageable $2 USD or so. Not low enough to enable "buying a cup of coffee", but certainly better than the $30 - $50 fees of a couple months ago.
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:57:55 AM

Why are they switching to Ethereum? That has its own fee and chain freezing problem too. As soon as something is used en masse then this will happen. If everyone switched to LTC it would happen eventually too, though it does indeed have more capacity.

That's why we've sat waiting to see if layer 2 stuff works. No conventional blockchain will ever, ever scale enough to satisfy everyone's daily spending.

Exactly this. They'd all have their own problems if they had the volume Bitcoin does. Let's not forget how crypto kitties destroyed the ethereum blockchain! Having said that, Bitcoin certainly needs to figure out a solution one way or another.

I dont think that the fees is killing bitcoin. The fees are truly high but bitcoin still lives and continues to exist. Bitcoin is unstoppable right now and even those who challenge to bitcoin are no match for bitcoin. Truly bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency and all other altcoins are just copy cat that are trying hard to overcome bitcoin.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
GamerPapaRoach5

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:40:23 AM

I really didn't get what your point is. I think you are asking why btcs are falling right?
ElizaZX

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:46:01 AM

The main reason to maintain Bitcoin is its fame and popularity. Due to this, most of the altcoins exists. Moving forward through Bitcoin and its advertising. Many people know about Bitcoin, but ask them about the Ethereum and they will fall into stun.
sparrowtins5

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:34:37 PM

What's the relation of btcs with fees? If they are falling that's because people are still afraid of btcs and their volatility
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: