Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:59:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Cryptocurrency or ICO dont allow purchasing from credit or debit card ?  (Read 124 times)
doorphone (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 22
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:14:54 PM

Hello,

Hope you all are doing great, I know crypto is there to eliminate banks etc but why ICO dont allow purchasing through credit or debit card, if we eliminate the factor of charge back etc like simplex provide at bitstamp ?

Lets say I am launching my Proof of Stake coin , where I allow people to buy coins using their credit or debit card and I get Fiat currency, later when these people will take coins on a Exchange will that have any effect that this coin was not sold using ETH or BITCOIN ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bountyjunkie

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 08:41:16 PM

You ought not to accept fiat or you straight away come under the centralized authority and economy.

TeamDeedCoin

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

Tokenize and Discount Real Estate Commission

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 09:02:41 PM

Hi,

This is Phil from Deedcoin.

Most ICOs cannot accept credit cards because they are not qualified to be transacted by a processor.

However, with the usability of Deedcoin, and its practicality in an already established ecosystem, on top of being a securities-compliant token, we do accept credit card purchases.

We believe the standard of ethics in the ICO industry needs to be raised so we aim to lead by example.

Thanks,

Phil

NOTE: The maximum amount that can be purchased at this time is 1500 Tokens, with the exception of Accredited Investors.

Any questions? Contact media@deedcoinlaunch.com.

Deedcoin Team
team@deedcoinlaunch.com
https://Deedcoinlaunch.com
5545 N Wickham Rd Suite 101
Melbourne, FL 32940

Donate us Merit please!

https://www.deedcoinlaunch.com

media@deedcoinlaunch.com
Quantumplation

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:29:18 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2021, 12:49:19 AM by Quantumplation

NOTE: This message was originally not posted by me, but instead by someone who compromised my account.  I have deleted the content.

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
gutshot5820

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:40:51 PM

That's why they aim to get on exchanges where you can buy tokens with your credit card. Just picked up some ITC off of Huobi today. great coin to look into. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iot-chain/
Auditan04

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:42:09 PM

One theory I think the reason why cryptocurrencies don't allow purchasing thru credit card is because credit company didn't allow them. Purchase  using credit card can be subject for abuse from the owner of the card. For example, the scenario is the credit card holder is compromise or not worthy he/she might purschase a lot of crypts that eventually convert it to cash. The owner of the card didn't not have any plan to pay the transaction made thru credit card. A lot of risk will be burden to credit card company if they allow the purchase of crypts.
victoria444
Copper Member

Activity: 258
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:03:25 PM

Even liveEdu accepts fiat, though not main method for contribution. What am saying is, more ico accepts fiat than you think.
patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:10:54 PM

Hello,

Hope you all are doing great, I know crypto is there to eliminate banks etc but why ICO dont allow purchasing through credit or debit card, if we eliminate the factor of charge back etc like simplex provide at bitstamp ?

Lets say I am launching my Proof of Stake coin , where I allow people to buy coins using their credit or debit card and I get Fiat currency, later when these people will take coins on a Exchange will that have any effect that this coin was not sold using ETH or BITCOIN ?

My opinion to this is because others will turned to scam at the end. It is not safe to just put your important details about your bank account. You can't be sure they have a legitimate project and doing a fraudalent act that will stole your money.
jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:12:09 PM

Hello,

It would feel really weird for me to use Fiat to purchase a coin that is against fiat. I may just be overthinking it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1]
  Print