Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:59:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading between exchanges  (Read 182 times)
Fwakata (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:37:51 AM

I've noticed many times a big difference in price between exchanges. Right now one of my ALTS has a 100% difference between kucoin and coinexchange. Any of you trade between exchanges?
Destined2bGreat

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:43:07 AM

what is the point of it? every exchange charge a fee I believe...  Huh
mrtryonebiggums

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:09:20 AM

Sometimes that is due to illiquid markets and sometimes it is due to somebody buying up a huge amount. In any case that spread won't remain because somebody somewhere will attempt to arb it.

elitemom

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:22:30 AM

what is the profit of trading between the exchanges? cannot get it.  Cry
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:33:59 AM

It's a good way to miss out.  I don't recommend it.  There is a difference a lot of the time between Cryptopia and Bittrex, but because of the length of time it takes to confirm transactions the prices sometimes catch up.  If you spread your coins among the exchanges it may work out for you though.  I would not try this unless you are an experienced trader, and even then start with small amounts.
jennerpower

Activity: 255
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:36:33 AM

Exchanging in some trading site has its own fee. Transaction fee, buying fee and selling fee. You know it does charge our transaction just a little. You might transfer them to other exchange site to minimize the withdrawal fee. This is what I am doing as usual I transfer it to another site to minimize my fee to coins.ph.

Fwakata (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:40:10 AM

The profits would have been close to 100% increase at the time. 
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:40:50 AM

I've noticed many times a big difference in price between exchanges. Right now one of my ALTS has a 100% difference between kucoin and coinexchange. Any of you trade between exchanges?

This is called arbitrage trading and it is done all the time.  However, sometimes the trading volume isn't that great so the profits are minimized but there still is profit from doing this.  The key is to execute the trade immediately when you see the huge price difference.  Buy on one and sell on the other immediately.  Depending on exchanges and crypto, sometimes it takes a while for your coins to confirm.  
Fwakata (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:49:20 AM

I did see a huge difference in trade volume. Is there a volume range I should stay away from? Thanks.
novocaine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:05:58 AM

yea its called arbitrage you can see difference of prices between differents market so you can quickly change to sell coins to other platform
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:23:38 AM

It's risk to play with arbitrage, if some plateforms have a really different price than all others, that can mean you can't withdraw the coin, so you can consider your platform as "isolated".

That was the case with Mt-gox back in 2013, which had a significative difference of price with all others. It was possible to send your BTC on the exchange, but it was impossible to cash out to your bank  Grin

Another situation which can give a big difference is low volume coins / low market cap coins, and that's normal because if you just buy 100$ worth of a coin like this, sometimes this changes the price to +100%  Tongue

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:38:17 AM

Yes, there really is such an opportunity, and many earn in this way, but remember that there is a commission, that is, a commission for the withdrawal of funds, this commission will be on both exchanges, but in any case at large volumes it will be palatably profitable
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:56:06 AM

It is possible to try and make some profits by trading this type of scenario which is normally known as arbitrage.
Be wary though of eschanges with low liquidity and large spread gaps between the buy and sell prices which can distort the real situation.

Best way to do this is to already own the tokens and send them to sell on one exchange whilst you have ETH or BTC available to purchase on the other immediately after. This will stop any missed orders due to network congestion etc.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:26:15 AM

There's a big difference because exchanges have their own markets, so the bigger trading volume the higher the difference between big and small exchanges. And it is a good trading strategy to take advantage of the price of different exchanges. What you are referring is arbitrage, but there's a lot of things to consider before benefiting from this and of course there's a risk of doing this, I found this article helpful so if you are planning to do arbitrage read this first https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@scrawl/a-brief-look-at-crypto-arbitrage-trading
Anita1873

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 06:28:26 AM

There are many choices available to trade your coins but i am using bittrex because there platform is very easy to use. All top coins are available there to trade. Arbitrage is not a best option as sometime you transfer coins from one exchange to other but they not reach to destination due to closure of their wallet and you trapped.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Rexxxem

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:36:05 PM

This is called arbitration. use this. You can see the price difference between different markets so you can quickly move to another platform. This is the world of crypto ...
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:40:24 PM

This is a well known method of making money at the crypto world and it is called airbitradge.
Usually people who does it professionaly own verified accounts at most of the exchanges , it allows them to fill orders real fast.

Sometimes making the airbitradge wouldn't be worthy, as the price of the coin you are aiming to do airbitradge on will probably drasticlly changed before your funds will actually arrive at the destination exchange.
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:46:57 PM

In many cases there is a good reason for the price difference. Withdrawals or deposits delayed or stuck for hours, exchange wallet in maintenance, a huge spread between bid and ask price.

Another possibility is when a coin with a huge supply has a Bitcoin trading pair. Then it's probably worth less than the lowest amount, 1 Satoshi. You can buy for 2 sat and sell for 1 sat, or wait in line or move to a different trading pair, like Doge.

Gusk

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:18:49 PM

arbitration can be dealt with, but this is a high-frequency trade and this should be dealt with by robots and then for this you need to have not small amounts and exchanges to trade at a loss.

Ma.KattyClitoris

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:22:24 PM

Arbitrage trading is only applicable when the market is stable,if your coin has fast transaction confirmations it might work but if doesnt you will only lose a lot of money in the end.Ive been doing these trades since then but it didnt gave me a decent amount  of profits,not a worthy thing to do.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: