Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:22:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to leave Altcoin in Exchange  (Read 1156 times)
olenka.1988

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:04:41 PM

it is important for me to decide the rating of the store of tokens, of course cold wallets have a new advantage, but this is in some cases unsettling, but the money is higher than that!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MOOLYACOIN.IO ║ World's 1st Comprehensive Global Digital Startup Ecosystem (https://www.moolyacoin.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄
100kk

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:30:22 PM

I think that you should not keep all your money in the exchange. Yes, it is very convenient and easy and you can split your funds between several exchanges, but it is also risky... Therefore the best way is to bring them to the wallet where you will have secret keys.
jrvictor

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:36:43 PM

To be honest, i don't think it is the best solution to keep all the money in one place. Doesn't matter if it is your ethereum wallet or exchange. For example one month ago a lot of people who use My Ether Wallet lost all their money because MEW was hacked( So i guess it's better to keep the money in several wallets and exchanges.
Honourable11

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:38:10 PM

it is  safe to leave altcoins in exchange if its for a short period of time but its advisable not to leave altcoins in exchange for a long period of time because hackers can hack it and cart away your coins
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:49:48 PM

It is not outrightly safe to do that. Over the years, owing to several occurrences, it has been noticed that the safest means of saving coins, which is somewhat 100% safe, is by saving in hardware wallet. If hackers can hack into other wallets, hacking into hardware wallet will be very difficult.
Lisa110386

Activity: 1204
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:23:38 PM

I think keeping your coins on the  exchange is risky. what you have on the exchange theoretically does not belong to you. Your coins are on your wallet and you have a private key from it.
Astrilian

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

Ecosystem for Fundraising DAOs — ICOs 2.0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:28:46 PM

I leave them in the exchange even though it's not safe because setting up dozens of wallets for each of them is very inconvenient. It's not safe but I think Binance is very trusted. And also you don't know if these desktop wallets has no virus or malwares.
I also leave some on the exchange and there is no something bad happen on the coin. I have to fund it so I put it there but I make sure that it has security that connected on my cellphone for that  to know if someone entering my account without my knowledge. Though it much safer to put it on wallet, the fee is high so I have put it in exchange and make more investment for profit.  It is safe to leave coins in exchange just make  sure that you set security on it.

I think it is risky with all the recent hacks but it also depends on the exchange. Kucoin offers much more than 2-factor authentication and is probably among the most secure exchanges. I would still make sure you don't have too many funds on one single exchangevand spread the risks as much you can.

GangNamSK

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:31:58 PM

I think keeping your coins on the  exchange is risky. what you have on the exchange theoretically does not belong to you. Your coins are on your wallet and you have a private key from it.
The security of the coin on the EXCHANGE is determined by the trading floor, if the trading floor has good security and efficiency, you will not worry about security, otherwise if you exchange on the EXCHANGE If you have poor security then I suggest you move to another trading floor because your property can disappear at any time by the hacker.
Nboramir

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:34:00 PM

No, exchanges are not safe for keeping altcoins. Many exchanges have stolen people's money. However, some of my tokens are in exchanges because I am trading with them.
richaerich

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:46:04 PM

Hi,

I want to earn interest on my coins (BTC,ETH,LTC) therefore I prefer to leave these in Exchange for funding purpose, however I have No plan to sell or exchange with other coin in near future.

I always keep my withdrawal blocked by changing password every 5th day.

Is it 100% safe to keep crypto's in exchange like Bitfinex or others with withdrawal locked ?

as far as it's a big and famous exchange, i think it's very safe to do, i also did the same thing, i leave half of my altcoins in the exchange too such as Binance and KuCoin, i haven't find any trouble yet by doing that
FabiAdr76

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:33:34 PM

The best thing is a hardware wallet , if you do not have one then offline wallet or desktop wallet, and as a last option at least distribute your coins in several exchanges, two or three, and enable 2FA as a minimum, and in the case of having bad luck with one of those exchanges at least you do not lose all your assets.
Blockman21

Activity: 205

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:34:34 PM

Exchanges are not very safe. You need to store coins on exchanges only if you need for trading purpose. Using wallet which private key control by yourself has much better security than exchanges.
Cryptoprobro

Activity: 179
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:37:42 PM

If you're holding huge amount of coin value on Cryptocurrency exchanges then it's better to pull them out into your secure wallet because if the exchange was hacked or attacked then you will possibly lost your coins.
shandiem14

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:38:07 PM

It's depends on how many coins that you have. Some exchanges are vulnerable in hacking but then if you have confidence that you trust this exchanges then you hodl some of them but better find a new hardware wallet which is good for keeping coins.
EleGiggle

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:59:12 PM

It definitely not 100% safe, many exchanges had hack or scammed and people had lose their money so if you keep your money on exchanges be ready to lose it
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 12:08:05 AM

Be it BTC Ethereum or any altcoins, you should not keep it in any wallet you do not own the private keys and that includes exchange wallets. Keep you tokens or coins only in the wallet you have complete control over.

alonelyorange

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:11:07 AM

Safe or not your altcoin save or leave on your exchange account is depend how your account eschange secure ? if your exchange account low secure, your altcoin leave on your exchange will be risk and not safe, but if you have added more secure for your exchange and you have put authicator you altcoin leave on exhcange will be safe and you can leave how long do you want. But remember if exchange still exist it safe.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:36:13 AM

it is very risky, keep the digital assets in the exchange is not 100% safe, you better keep it in your personal wallet. pairs of layered security so you are not worried about your digital assets.

You do have a point, but also, the other problem about storing your altcoins in an exchange is that a coin could be delisted in a certain exchange, and if you didn't transfer it in your personal wallet before that could happen then it will be lost forever, that is one of the disadvantage of not storing it on your personal wallet. Also keep in your mind that from time to time a certain exchange could be down for some reasons, and what if you wanted to sell your coins because it is PUMPING already, then you could miss the opportunity to earn profits.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
susutao82

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:46:36 AM

exchange is for the exchange of coins only so if in my opinion more secure store in the wallet because it is to store our coins, save on exchange a lot of risk eg if the exchange is closed then we can not do much
Grobokopalka

Activity: 579

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 04:40:53 PM

I would not advise to do so, the exchange is sometimes hacked or they just close. Still, it is better to store coins on your wallet, and even better to store them on the hardware wallet.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: