Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:57:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to leave Altcoin in Exchange  (Read 1156 times)
costgranda

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:45:30 PM

Hi,

I want to earn interest on my coins (BTC,ETH,LTC) therefore I prefer to leave these in Exchange for funding purpose, however I have No plan to sell or exchange with other coin in near future.

I always keep my withdrawal blocked by changing password every 5th day.

Is it 100% safe to keep crypto's in exchange like Bitfinex or others with withdrawal locked ?

Always there are risks. I hold cryptocurrency at the exchange and some coins on MEW e-wallet too. Though I know that it is up to the end not safe. The best method will buy the hardware purse. It is the safest method!
Mattias357

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:48:26 PM

Hi,

I want to earn interest on my coins (BTC,ETH,LTC) therefore I prefer to leave these in Exchange for funding purpose, however I have No plan to sell or exchange with other coin in near future.

Is it 100% safe to keep crypto's in exchange like Bitfinex or others with withdrawal locked ?

Any exchange can be hacked. Or the exchange may close for a number of reasons. I find that storing coins on a wallet is a more secure way.

▬▬[  MOOLYACOIN.IO  ]▬▬[ Reverse ICO ]▬   
▌ World's 1st Comprehensive Global Digital Startup Ecosystem ▐
▬▬  PRE - SALE STARTS 10th JULY▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn   | Facebook| ▬▬
Kakady13

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:58:15 PM

If you are going to use them , then leave in Exchange. But if you just wanna hodl - you'd better withdraw it to the cold wallet. The reason is pretty simple - exchange may shut down or be hacked.
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:16:52 PM

If you do not need to conduct daily trading, it is better not to leave your coins for long-term storage on the stock exchange. It is much more reliable to keep your savings in a safe and secure purse.
hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:21:55 PM

Any exchange, even the most popular and trusted, can be closed. Thus, if you are not an active trader, it is better to keep your crypto at the wallet (offline - for the maximum security).
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:26:28 PM

Any exchange, even the most popular and trusted, can be closed. Thus, if you are not an active trader, it is better to keep your crypto at the wallet (offline - for the maximum security).

Yes, we don't know what will happen to the exchanger in the next day so it is better to keep it on a wallet where we have full control over it. Leaving coins on exchanger with no intention to sell for a long time will be more risky.

JRDuran

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:59:31 PM

Hi,

Yes but not totally you can trust the exchange fully for 100% security. If you really wanted to make your tokens/coins secure better to put it in your wallet if you don't have not yet a plan to sell it.
DarkEagleMan

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:23:58 PM

Hi,

If your plan is to hold your cryptos in the long term, it would be worth it to make an effort to find methods or wallets that allow you to protect your coins offline. Currently there are many options in this regard and it is not difficult to obtain them. And this is especially recommended in your case, as you only have plans to invest in three cryptos. When the idea is to hold many coins is more complicated and perhaps an exchange may seem more practical, but risky.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
funnynews

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:50:11 AM

I think that we should use additional measure to keep our crypto accounts safe and one of them is usibg different passwords with the help of password generator. By this means nobody will ever steal your personal information or find the way to figure it out.

kopisusu

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:54:58 AM

if the exchange is really very secured for me it's okay to keep the coins in exchange but if we put the coins on the new exchange and not so well known then it is very risky because I store the btc and eth I have in binance and bitrex already 1 year and that's fine until now
BeeKeeoEr

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:00:15 AM

Hi,

There is nothing 100% secure where sometimes you don't get access to your coins just because of carelessness or negligence...I have here for example on the exchange is two factor authentication, the key from which I kept on my laptop...I went for 2 days to rest in another city, and when I arrived I was flooded by neighbors...my laptop can not be restored, the data I have not been able to recover on the exchange and did not get. Therefore, here a lot depends on himself, and so I can say from myself that Yes it is safe.
Bokugo

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:02:26 AM

if the exchange is really very secured for me it's okay to keep the coins in exchange but if we put the coins on the new exchange and not so well known then it is very risky because I store the btc and eth I have in binance and bitrex already 1 year and that's fine until now
Indeed all this is risky. I leave them in the stock even though it is not safe, although it is not safe but I think Binance is very believable. And you also do not know if this desktop wallet does not have any viruses or malware.
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 11:05:37 AM

yes i thinks so,  but you need to enable the 2fa of that exchange. without enabling 2fa i think it is very risky to keep alt coins on the exchange. as all the hackers are looking to hack your accounts.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
KuraJamban

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 11:06:20 AM

I'm usually saving my assets on Exchange too. The reason is I can trading it anytime when I want.
If you're planning to hold it and don't want to sell or exchange I really recommend to hold it on web wallet or hardware wallet. It is more secure if you save it on there

hotBriX001

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 11:22:18 AM

I'm usually saving my assets on Exchange too. The reason is I can trading it anytime when I want.
If you're planning to hold it and don't want to sell or exchange I really recommend to hold it on web wallet or hardware wallet. It is more secure if you save it on there

Actually leaving any coins to an exchange is very risky particularly to the new exchange which is not well known. If you do so choose Binance as this exchange is trusted and believable compared to newly ones. But if you've not planning to make a trading then I suggest to keep your coins in your cold wallet like owned personal hardware that secured with confidential password in accessing it.

▬▬ ● ● Destream Fine Ecosystem for STREAMERS ● ● ▬▬
▬▬ ● ● STREAMER'S FINANCIAL ECOSYSTEM ● ● ▬▬
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:30:43 AM

Almost all the major exchanges have been hacked at least once and do you know who lost their funds in it? The user. If you don't care about your money and are here just cause YOLO than go on and keep all your altcoins on exchanges, but if you care about your altcoins than store on your own wallets.
glax1983

Activity: 541
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:32:44 AM

Exchanges aren`t very safe. U need to store coins on exchanges only if u need for trading purpose. Using wallet which private key control by urself has much better security than exchanges. But the most security way is hardware wallet.
funnynews

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:11:32 AM

I may be a little risky but I keep all of them in the exchange because I hate the idea of using a bunch of wallets at the same time.

Dewao

Activity: 337

Qravity is a decentralized content production and

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:23:12 AM

I may be a little risky but I keep all of them in the exchange because I hate the idea of using a bunch of wallets at the same time.

Its better to have my own wallet having an private key that I am the only one who know , than keep my coin in exchange because that is very risky because hackers are every where.
phuongnguyen.mm.211

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:54:06 AM

I sure hope so because most of my coins not just altcoins are on exchanges but they are distributed in more than five exchanges due to safety reason. I think it is safer than regular wallets
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: