Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:52:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a ripple? Should you invest in ripple?  (Read 205 times)
hentaycf (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:58:48 AM

Ripple is the protocol that supports interbank payments. The currency of this protocol is XRP, which is used to pay fees on the platform. The Ripple protocol now uses the RPCA consensus mechanism as compared to the workflow (pof) of Bitcoin. The objective of this mechanism is to increase the number of transactions and reduce the time required for confirmation. Current ripple protocol is being managed by Ripple Inc. a US-based company, received $ 93 million in capital. The Ripple Company is the only company that manages the ripple network.
ViceKing

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:06:21 AM

Yeah... the ripple protocol.xrp technically speaking of bitcoin originally relised 2012 and currency exchange and remittance network so i think ripple future big stage. I am not confused and should invest ripple.
Alex_nutis

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:20:18 AM

Ripple is the protocol that supports interbank payments. The currency of this protocol is XRP, which is used to pay fees on the platform. The Ripple protocol now uses the RPCA consensus mechanism as compared to the workflow (pof) of Bitcoin. The objective of this mechanism is to increase the number of transactions and reduce the time required for confirmation. Current ripple protocol is being managed by Ripple Inc. a US-based company, received $ 93 million in capital. The Ripple Company is the only company that manages the ripple network.

I do not like ripple. It is centralized and it can not be called a crypto currency, I do not understand why it is always in the top 5.

Osiris0

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:24:00 AM

Ripple is a company that has 3 products - xCurrent, xRapid и xVia. XRP is xRapid, and it is used only by few small banks, but the main product is xCurrent that should be SWIFT-killer. So make right conclusions
ExtendedBacon

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:27:46 AM

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what ripple is...I'm pretty sure everyone also knows Ripple is about as centralised as coins get. While you could probably make a profit off of it, I wouldn't advise supporting it in the long run. However, it is worth mentioning the devs are now planning on taking steps to decentralise the coin, but the success of this remains to be seen.
dicaprio

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:29:33 AM

Ripple is quite an interesting project and judging by how much it becomes popular, then probably the Ripple project will still grow, but I'm only scared by the fact that many of the community react negatively to the project and I wonder why? It turned out that Ripple developers have 60% of all Ripple coins that are allegedly blocked by smart contracts.
KXC247

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:30:15 AM

You can invest in ripples if you want. It's left for you to do your research as to know whether you really want to invest in it or not. 
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:43:13 AM

I did invest in Ripple once at $0.77 a piece. I made a huge profit when it was almost $3 before Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies crashed in mid-January. I reinvested them in TRX and I am not regretting my decision in getting out of Ripple.

They are indeed centralized, but I don't think we have full control of it later on. Not only that, the president of NEM Philippines called Ripple a "devil coin" because it's centralized. Plus, there's a project that implants microchips to our palms and they will be using Ripple for accepting payments, which also causes a bad reputation regarding privacy.

Just sayin'.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:44:09 AM

you can invest few bucks but not more.
This is really suspicious for me and i invested few bucks and will not add more.
Tenten92

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:47:27 AM

I do not think long term investment
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:49:00 AM

You can invest on ripple if your investment is in short term but for long term it is not a good idea to invest on a centralized coin.I had invested on ripple in 2017 but I sold the all the ripple when it hits $1 but it made upto $3 after that.Its okay I am already contented with the profits made from ripple.
RondoAnyar

Activity: 651
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:51:02 AM

despite any purpose from ripple, but for now ripple coins will be one good coin for investment, I see ripple be a new breakthrough coin with good concept and good price. so i think ripple is good for investment.

last7minutes

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:59:45 PM

Ripple and XPR are different things. While XPR is used for banks mostly (not big ones), xCurrent of Ripple company is the product for big banks. Here you can watch the video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTpjf3b9UY
maskedtrader53

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:07:55 PM

In a way to appeal for a quality post hoping to get a merit score I have been seeing a lot of threads popping out without the sense of discussion at all.

Including this one, can I ask OP do you really need to do this? Anyone can do this by researching there is no argument in your statement at all.

Anyway, no matter how you said ripple is we can't deny the fact that it centralized and is opposing the reason why cryptocurrency is created.
ledinasaliasi

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:15:42 PM

i have found out recently Ripple don't have much security than other coins because it is not decentralized, Ripple is an altcoin under control of Ripple Company,and mostly Ripple is being used by banks with the intention control the cryptocurrencies, rightnow investors are using their bitcoin and ethereum to trade for Ripple because of Ripple price recently is rising too much, but i wont invest in ripple because Ripple is not decentralized.
real eyes realize

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:47:27 PM

I have seen too many bad comments about ripple so far, and also I think ripple is not a trustworthy coin. In my opinion, Ripple is not giving hope in the terms of its current price and its price characteristic.
Quantumplation

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:10:34 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2021, 08:41:42 PM by Quantumplation

NOTE: This message was originally not posted by me, but instead by someone who compromised my account.  I have deleted the content.

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
madtea

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:35:53 PM

XRP hit almost $1.3USD, and it is still NOT mainstream, only a very very small population actually invested in it.
shloma82

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:43:21 PM

An excellent coin that has long brought profit to the owners of the ripple.
Bloodseekers

Activity: 745
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:50:53 PM

What is a ripple? Ripple is is full Centralized coin its means this coin controled, Who control ripple?? We all know the answers
Should you invest in ripple? my suggest dont invest in ripple and leave this coin. the future transaction payment must decentralized system, One of it is bitcoin. There are alot decentalized coin out there dont choose centalized.
Be Free Stop controled by bankers
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: