Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 05:17:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make alt-coin?  (Read 113 times)
wsxdrfv (OP)

Activity: 408
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 08:45:42 AM

Hi.
I want to make my own alt-coin.

How to?

I googled and mostly first requires windows 10 library setting, this is ridiculously complicated process, even if I did, the process falls to error. Mostly it does not work while mid process.

autoconf does not exist, or autogen.sh does not work,,,, even bitcoin github source description does not clearly says what shell that uses. (ubuntu? wsl? or what else?)

Why so hard? Bitcoin and all other coin made within environment of Linux?

Nobody uses windows?

Currently most bitcoin running nodes are ubuntu os? not windows?

Completely messed, I don't know where to start now.
Please let me know the simple process description page.
jafu

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:11:24 PM

Hi.
I want to make my own alt-coin.

How to?

I googled and mostly first requires windows 10 library setting, this is ridiculously complicated process, even if I did, the process falls to error. Mostly it does not work while mid process.

autoconf does not exist, or autogen.sh does not work,,,, even bitcoin github source description does not clearly says what shell that uses. (ubuntu? wsl? or what else?)

Why so hard? Bitcoin and all other coin made within environment of Linux?

Nobody uses windows?

Currently most bitcoin running nodes are ubuntu os? not windows?

Completely messed, I don't know where to start now.
Please let me know the simple process description page.

Initial step is to get the source code of some other coin, now I would propose utilizing something like Litecoin or some other coin that is ASIC evidence. The source code of most coins can without much of a stretch be found by a straightforward google look. So first consider how your coin will be not the same as the source material. How about we begin by a name. Give us a chance to call this coin for testing purposes SaladCoin, and have the image be SAL. You will likewise need to consider how the parameters of this coin will contrast from the source. Like the piece time, the trouble retarget time, what number of coins are compensated per square, and to what extent you need the coin piece reward to be split.
wsxdrfv (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:58:41 AM

Yes already I downloaded bitcoin, litecoin source from github.

And already I have thought about initial basic numbers, name of my coin. It is really simple and can be done immediately.

And I found some docu about above parameters change location from sourcecode.

Problem is, how to run it?

For example, already I have litecoin source, and if I changed all parameters, names from source code, then what?

1. Should compile and can be run it on my laptop? How?
Or I should run it on some hosting server? How to?

2. How to get coin initially to specific wallet? For develop, marketing team members.

wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:06:19 AM

I hope you are not creating this altcoin for the purpose of scamming other person lol..

If you want to create an altcoin, then first of all you must get enough funds (for marketing, salary, etc). If you are not good with programming stuff, then you can hire programmers to work for you. I don't think it's logical to make an altcoin alone all by yourself. Goodluck on it though!
wsxdrfv (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:10:02 AM

I don't want scam.

And I don't have that much fund.

But I have experienced in C#, will learn C++

So this coin making is what I can I think.
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:36:16 PM

Well, to make your own altcoin is relatively simple and it seems you have already downloaded what you need.
But please note that to make altcoin, from a conceptual point of view, is no different than to print your own money: may be it's not difficult from a technical point of view, but very unlikely you'll find someone that will accept it (out of the fact that we shoud discuss about legal aspects...)
Btw, if you new coin is tied to a start up who has some kind of value, then things are different.
In this case,... good luck!

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
drogas

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:37:52 PM

Well, to make your own altcoin is relatively simple and it seems you have already downloaded what you need.
But please note that to make altcoin, from a conceptual point of view, is no different than to print your own money: may be it's not difficult from a technical point of view, but very unlikely you'll find someone that will accept it (out of the fact that we shoud discuss about legal aspects...)
Btw, if you new coin is tied to a start up who has some kind of value, then things are different.
In this case,... good luck!

Trying to grow and scale it would be almost impossible as a one man team but with that being said, it would be an interesting experience to learn how altcoins are made / to make one yourself.
antsin

Activity: 68

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:44:57 PM

What about creating an erc20 token. That might be something that will not take much time and you don’t have to run a MN
Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:00:06 AM

Of course, when we see what kind of sums an ICO can make, the temptation to start a coin is big...:-)

Please note that technically it's not so difficult, but the coin is just the surface of a much bigger project.
Actually, you need a very good project of a business idea (or something so); when anything is ready, you can use an ICO to finance it
(in the same way you sell share)
To start a coin without a project doesn't make any sense.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: