Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:29:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wondering Why When BTC drops, ALts drops!  (Read 167 times)
poppbets (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:08:39 AM

Into my conscience there are so many questions why alts has to drop when btc drops. I mean if alts has their own good values then it should drop as well.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:12:18 AM

there are quite a number of factors. However, this is always not the case as the potential characteristic of a cyrptocurrency affects its demand or supply on the market more than just the idea that bitcoin is the one influencing it. For example, Davor coin has been climbing rather steadily in the midst of this entire titanic sinking.

semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:18:02 AM

Into my conscience there are so many questions why alts has to drop when btc drops. I mean if alts has their own good values then it should drop as well.
I think there are lots of threads created with the same question,so next time explore the forum before asking questions.

This is due to the panic selling of the coin holders when bitcoin price starts to fall.But there is no relationship between the price of bitcoin and altcoins the price will be depends on the supply and demand of everycoin.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:19:28 AM

Because Altcoin market is highly correlated to Bitcoin prices. When Bitcoin makes a move altcoins will going to have a dip, and it will recover when Bitcoin calming down.
poppbets (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:19:36 AM

there are quite a number of factors. However, this is always not the case as the potential characteristic of a cyrptocurrency affects its demand or supply on the market more than just the idea that bitcoin is the one influencing it. For example, Davor coin has been climbing rather steadily in the midst of this entire titanic sinking.

yes I agree with you. but most of them bows down right? I mean Davor yes this coins has a good potential in the market.
Cryptalking

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

Riding Whales to the Moon!

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 10:22:23 AM

besides of the many factors and the annual dip that we experiencing last weeks, some people have to remember almost all Altcoins have to be bought with Bitcoins. This means that when a lot of altcoins are bought a lot of Bitcoins are being sold. This also has an effect on the price of bitcoin.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:24:22 AM

This is true now, but it's not always the case. It just so happens that the entire cryptocurrency market is correcting, after pretty much all of them went through explosive growths at the end of last year.

Bitcoin has been dropping since late December, and during that span of time, Ripple and Ethereum each had massive growths. That's just one instance of Bitcoin dropping and alts thriving.

One factor that could explain it though, is that most altcoin holders are also Bitcoin holders. If people are cashing out their gains, then they're likely selling from all the stash of coins they're holding, so everything, not just Bitcoin and not just alts, is going down.

h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:34:39 AM

Since the last week this question is also roaming in my mind, i really haven't got satisfied answers to why altcoins are also influenced by bitcoin price drop.
If aktcoins have no relationship to bitcoin, then why should a trader sell altcoins at same time  when it is panic selling in bitcoin? I think it actually happens when large investors dump these coins at same time intentionally, no other reason seem to be behind altcoins selling
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:43:23 AM

It is not true that there is a rule like the OP suggests. There are cases that when the bitcoin drops the alts grow and there are cases they drop. And sometimes one of them drops and the other is not impacted at all.

When bitcoin and alts drop all together, it indicates the transfer of capital from crypto markets to some other markets. When bitcoin drops and the alts grow, it indicate the transfer of capital from bitcoin to alts, within the crypto market. I think that if you analyse it profoundly enough, you would be able to gain a lot of insight of what is driving the price in each case and trade accordingly, what would be beneficial to your trades' effectivity in a long run.

But that requires in-depth analysis, I think

poppbets (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:44:08 AM

Since the last week this question is also roaming in my mind, i really haven't got satisfied answers to why altcoins are also influenced by bitcoin price drop.
If aktcoins have no relationship to bitcoin, then why should a trader sell altcoins at same time  when it is panic selling in bitcoin? I think it actually happens when large investors dump these coins at same time intentionally, no other reason seem to be behind altcoins selling

we have the same thoughts.
newb-dev

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:48:04 AM

I've been thinking at this question a lot. I guess the richest guys who own bitcoin they also own altcoins so they sell all in the same time so everything drops. It's just a theory
Haiduongbg

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 10:48:18 AM

Because most of alts are traded via pair alt/btc, when btc falls in USD, then alt decreases in USD. To make it worse, people panic sell Alt for BTC so they can convert to USD
menggay16

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:51:39 AM

Just around the corner is what's going on especially about digital currencies. To Supply the Demand or Demand to Supply? So if what's going on the top is, of course is the same done below. Demand and Supply for me to see why it might have been so.
UlanganBik

Activity: 67
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:54:50 AM

yes because all the altcoin is connected to bitcoin if the bitcoin increases altcoin also rises but only a small part because the first virtual tokens are bitcoin so I'm sure for the future that bitcoin may rise again maybe this time down but if mid-year it will rise drastically
ChickenDuck

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:11:49 AM

Because BTC is gold in the crypto world. Everything is follow the movement of BTC.

So if BTC go up, most of the altcoin can go up and vice versa.

Crypto Jaga

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:51:17 AM

because many does day trading without understanding fundamentals of these altcoins (projects). When bitcoin drops, they panic and sell altcoins too.
xheon

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:02:50 AM

I think because now bitcoin is the leader of cryptocurrency and many crypto trading platform are using bitcoin to exchange coin or to transfer coin between platform. So when something cause bitcoin down, it will drag altcoin down too.  Wink
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:10:29 AM

I personally think that it all depends on the Situation and Market Scenario at a particular point in time. If you are new to the market then it will take some time to digest these things because it's practical and cannot be explained by someone. For example, if you consider last week then you would see that from last weeks Bitcoin is falling and at that time there were altcoins which were falling along with bitcoin and also there were few coins who were beating the bitcoin in terms of price, Volatility, and demand that means it all depends on the market strength and scenario and according to that Bitcoin price movements reacts towards the Altcoins.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:10:46 AM

Nearly all of altcoin prices are related to Bitcoin price. So when the price of Bitcoin falls, price of altcoins falls too.
emmmmm

Activity: 210

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:17:27 AM

Because bitcoin is the leader in cryptocurrency markets. There is a serious problem with cryptocurrency markets: speculation.
More and more don't understand the  block chain, Many people are beginning to enter the cryptocurrency market,  as the BTC fell, then the whole cryptocurrency market began to lose faith, these people began to sell altcoin, led all tokens, a drop in prices.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: