Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 04:45:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you without id/passport verification convert crypto to fiat?  (Read 548 times)
TheBroskie (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:12:14 AM

Since I started with crypto I've been looking for a way to convert crypto to fiat in a anonymous or semi-anonymous way but have found about nothing.
I'm not comfortable sending copies of my passport/id to exchanges, but I would be comfortable just giving my name, address, etc like I do when creating a stocks trading account. The only prepaid card I found for the time being is advcash, but they have a limit of 250usd and then you have to verify yourself, besides that I've found no good solution. How do you do? Do you all really send copies of your passport/id to exchanges? wouldn't that go against the spirit of cryptos?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6180

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:17:38 AM

It does go against bitcoin and crypto but people no longer care as long as they are making profit apparently. You can forget about using cards without having to send your passport etc. because the banking system is very strict about these things, same with reputable exchanges. I would advice trading with individuals instead using P2P platforms with PayPal, cash face to face etc.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TheBroskie (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:02:17 AM

The only way I know about is localbitcoins. Can you recommend another safe p2p platform for trading? And what's the benefit of using paypal?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6180

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:33:17 AM

The only way I know about is localbitcoins. Can you recommend another safe p2p platform for trading? And what's the benefit of using paypal?

There is paxful too or you can trade with other members on the forums (currency exchange section). PayPal has no advantages, in fact, the transaction are reversible so always make sure you're trading with a reputable user.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kc999991

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:37:25 AM

I think the only way is to make transactions through Localbitcoins, which you will be able to convert Bitcoin to fiat using Bank transfers and other payment methods. But then of course it is not as safe as the ones that requires identifications.
blueman44

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:45:36 AM

I do find this aspect of Bitcoin annoying.  I would have to renew my passport / drivers license to get the $'s safely or take a risk with total strangers on the internet.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:00:32 AM

I do find this aspect of Bitcoin annoying.  I would have to renew my passport / drivers license to get the $'s safely or take a risk with total strangers on the internet.

that is not an "aspect of bitcoin", that is an aspect of "fiat"!

and it has always been like this, whenever you want to do something similar to buying bitcoin (anything else you can think of) using fiat, you have to use your identification unless you are doing it with cash and face to face.
for example if you want to buy stocks, or participate in Forex trading you will have to do the same verifications.

Only Bitcoin
akamit

Activity: 1498
Merit: 596

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:27:10 AM

Since I started with crypto I've been looking for a way to convert crypto to fiat in a anonymous or semi-anonymous way but have found about nothing.
I'm not comfortable sending copies of my passport/id to exchanges, but I would be comfortable just giving my name, address, etc like I do when creating a stocks trading account. The only prepaid card I found for the time being is advcash, but they have a limit of 250usd and then you have to verify yourself, besides that I've found no good solution. How do you do? Do you all really send copies of your passport/id to exchanges? wouldn't that go against the spirit of cryptos?
The only best & fastest way without any verification is LocalBitcoins and paxful. And another way is this forum, but sometimes it takes some time.
I don't know your exact location, you can also convert your btc to paypal then transfer to your bank account. There could be another way for you which is Payoneer.

We all are strangers online, and still, we are doing everything online. And that's why there is a service called "ESCROW".

jona

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:56:43 AM

I really do not mind all those verification's,what wiil be will always be with or without verification. As far as my account is been credit to my local currency am good to go
TheBroskie (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:44:06 AM

The only best & fastest way without any verification is LocalBitcoins and paxful. And another way is this forum, but sometimes it takes some time.
I don't know your exact location, you can also convert your btc to paypal then transfer to your bank account. There could be another way for you which is Payoneer.

How do I convert my btc to paypal? Do you know any trusted services for that?
Rules85

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:51:54 AM

Indeed, this violates the original intention of cryptocurrency.
I don't want to give my KYC data to these ICO teams and exchanges. I'm only trading in binance now. I haven't done any authentication, so the daily withdrawal amount is 2BTC.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:07:38 AM

People have been mentioning localbitcoins and a face to face exchange. There is one more option worth considering but it depends on regulations that change from country to country, so check out how it is in your place: you may buy some physical gold, have it delivered to the machine operated byt the courier or post services for an anonymous pick-up (or to any anonymous location if you come up with an idea) and then go and sell it for fiat. It is more troublesome than localbitcoins though.

The advantage is that you end up having some solid gold if you decide not to sell it for fiat but rather save it for later.

Of course, I agree that the whole idea of KYC goes against crypto ideals, but KYC was regulated by governments while crypto ideals were created by the community, so they go different ways, unfortunately.

SiberianWanderer

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:07:52 AM

How do I convert my btc to paypal? Do you know any trusted services for that?

VirWox was the most reliable way to do this back then, despite of the high fees. It seems to still be working now but can't vouch for it since I haven't used it in a while.

Here's a quick guide guide https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@myhealth/sell-bitcoins-with-virwox-or-btc-usd-or-or-withdraw-bitcoins-using-skrill-or-paypal
TWagner92

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:19:44 AM

People have been mentioning localbitcoins and a face to face exchange. There is one more option worth considering but it depends on regulations that change from country to country, so check out how it is in your place: you may buy some physical gold, have it delivered to the machine operated byt the courier or post services for an anonymous pick-up (or to any anonymous location if you come up with an idea) and then go and sell it for fiat. It is more troublesome than localbitcoins though.

The advantage is that you end up having some solid gold if you decide not to sell it for fiat but rather save it for later.

Of course, I agree that the whole idea of KYC goes against crypto ideals, but KYC was regulated by governments while crypto ideals were created by the community, so they go different ways, unfortunately.

The main question was to convert crypto to FIAT. It would be hard if you'd be carrying gold around just to buy something. Anyway, P2P are the best option for this, buying from your friends might be helpful as well.
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:25:43 AM

The main question was to convert crypto to FIAT. It would be hard if you'd be carrying gold around just to buy something. Anyway, P2P are the best option for this, buying from your friends might be helpful as well.

well if you read my post carefully you could see I suggest you can sell your gold to FIAT

anyway, in some countries this method, while more troublesome, I agree, allows you legally not to pay capital gain taxes, because buying physical goin is tax free and selling you gold to fiat involves no capital gain tax (in some countries)

blueman44

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:32:06 AM

that is not an "aspect of bitcoin", that is an aspect of "fiat"!

and it has always been like this, whenever you want to do something similar to buying bitcoin (anything else you can think of) using fiat, you have to use your identification unless you are doing it with cash and face to face.
for example if you want to buy stocks, or participate in Forex trading you will have to do the same verifications.

Get your main point but personally, when I buy socks with my CC from an online shop or even a local high street shop, I am not asked to verify my ID.  Perhaps your socks just cost a lot more than mine!
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:33:47 AM

None of the major exchanges allow you to trade in crypto, if you don't have ID verification. In that case, the only option left for you is the highly risky peer-to-peer transfer. But the risk of getting scammed is extremely high in such cases, as there is no third party in between the buyer and seller.
penig

Merit: 13

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:44:15 AM

Indeed, this violates the original intention of cryptocurrency.

The original intention of cryptocurrecny is to use it for purchases directly, and not change to local fiat at all.
ingo49

Activity: 147

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:46:03 AM

I don't think you can.
I think to change to fiat and cash out you must to get verification from the trade marker.
You're only way is to sell your crypto to privet people.
penig

Merit: 13

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:48:14 AM

well if you read my post carefully you could see I suggest you can sell your gold to FIAT

anyway, in some countries this method, while more troublesome, I agree, allows you legally not to pay capital gain taxes, because buying physical goin is tax free and selling you gold to fiat involves no capital gain tax (in some countries)

Do you have any source for this information?  As i understand it, selling crypto to gold is considered a taxable event and CGT would become liable.  Its possible that if you do this outside your home country then import the gold, it may be a legal avoidance method.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: