Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:55:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining ban in China?! Redistribution of mining power?  (Read 476 times)
alex2011576 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:17:23 PM

Hey! Have u heard that "PBoC governor Pan Gongsheng has suggested the Chinese government to shutdown OTC platforms and exchanges within mainland China to ensure that cryptocurrency trading ban is strictly enforced"? What is gonna happen ? Will we see the redistribution of mining power or China will not be able to realize it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
parisbitcoin

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:27:46 PM

It doesn't look like they're cracking down on mining... there's no visible or tangible signs yet. Rumours around Bitmain setting up data centers in Europe and Canada have emerged, but nothing tangible.
The chinese website Alibaba.com is still listing miners for sale, so I'd take any news you read with a pinch of salt
check https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/s9-antminer.html
alex2011576 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:50:26 PM

It doesn't look like they're cracking down on mining... there's no visible or tangible signs yet. Rumours around Bitmain setting up data centers in Europe and Canada have emerged, but nothing tangible.
The chinese website Alibaba.com is still listing miners for sale, so I'd take any news you read with a pinch of salt
Yeah, fair point. It is just strange that many big media sources as Bloomberg and CNN published some articles.
but don't u think that the last decrase in BTC value could be caused by these news ?
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:53:36 PM

Media is stupid.  3 months ago they had no idea what bitcoin even was....  now they are experts.... its laughable.

Here is the way china works... 96% communist 4% (the top) do whatever the F they want.  Bitmain and most miners up there are top %.  They will show some poor bastard with 10 getting shutdown but the big guys won't get touched.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
alex2011576 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:07:44 PM

Media is stupid.  3 months ago they had no idea what bitcoin even was....  now they are experts.... its laughable.

Here is the way china works... 96% communist 4% (the top) do whatever the F they want.  Bitmain and most miners up there are top %.  They will show some poor bastard with 10 getting shutdown but the big guys won't get touched.
I agree with u about political situation in China, but why they tried to restrict crypto exchange and now mining if it is owened by those miners from the top%. Maybe they struggle with each other?
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:11:04 PM

it's all about $.

They want the revenues.  What will happen is China will make a "china coin" and make everyone use it watch.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
Set Ready Go

Activity: 273
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:25:27 PM

Canaan seems to be building data center in northern sweden.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:30:13 PM

Yeah, fair point. It is just strange that many big media sources as Bloomberg and CNN published some articles.
but don't u think that the last decrase in BTC value could be caused by these news ?

Get your news from reputable media outlets that are ran by people who actually have real life experience in crypto.  Bloomberg, CNN, MSNBC seem to copy week old news and toss it out there.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
letua

Activity: 160

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:38:07 PM

it's all about $.

They want the revenues.  What will happen is China will make a "china coin" and make everyone use it watch.

Maybe your right China will make a coin. In my opinion China doing there very best to let be the people controlled by the government. Then someday they have own coin made in China.
alex2011576 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:44:41 PM

Get your news from reputable media outlets that are ran by people who actually have real life experience in crypto.  Bloomberg, CNN, MSNBC seem to copy week old news and toss it out there.
Thanks for advice! Could u give me examples of reputable media?
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:48:00 PM

Maybe reputable wasn't the correct word to use.  Most media outlets have some sort of agenda, in my opinion ... But Coindesk, Bitcoin.com news ... Join Telegram groups ... Crypto Twitter ... Listen to Podcasts.  There is a variety of ways to keep up with the news, before mass media starts reporting it.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:49:12 PM

Even speaking about it is a good enough sign. Clever miners are already making arrangements elsewhere.
alex2011576 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:17:09 PM

Maybe reputable wasn't the correct word to use.  Most media outlets have some sort of agenda, in my opinion ... But Coindesk, Bitcoin.com news ... Join Telegram groups ... Crypto Twitter ... Listen to Podcasts.  There is a variety of ways to keep up with the news, before mass media starts reporting it.
I have so many groups in telegram. Could u advise any specific groups bucause the majority of them realease stupid news bout nothing?
alex2011576 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:27:43 PM

Even speaking about it is a good enough sign. Clever miners are already making arrangements elsewhere.
I heard that in Africa minig power is very fast growing now Huh
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:02:16 PM
Merited by bigjee (1)

It's already shifting. Both to North America and mobile cargo container mining.

BitFury to set up largest mining data centers in North America

https://coinpedia.org/news/bitfury-mining-data-centers-north-america

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkqwy6uONwM
Corsa1r

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:57:59 PM

In Africa of all places? Cheesy
alex2011576 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:25:13 PM

In Africa of all places? Cheesy
Yeah, my answer is kinda stupid😅 In Nigeria 😄
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:00:08 AM

Hey! Have u heard that "PBoC governor Pan Gongsheng has suggested the Chinese government to shutdown OTC platforms and exchanges within mainland China to ensure that cryptocurrency trading ban is strictly enforced"? What is gonna happen ? Will we see the redistribution of mining power or China will not be able to realize it?

Read your own post - no talk about "mining" in there at all.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
alex2011576 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:57:23 PM

Read your own post - no talk about "mining" in there at all.

I read many news and there are a lot of bulshit like that. Moreover, the main idea of these conversation is that I am interested in situations. What do u all think gonna happen in nearest Future in China?
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:22:29 PM

Reality check here.
 You're trusting stuff CNN publishes?

ROFLMAOSC!!!!!!!

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: