Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:29:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible fraud or deception by BFL.  (Read 3276 times)
Hideto (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:35:23 PM

Regards,

In February this year I made an order for a Jalapeno, after two months or so, I requested by email the delivery and was told it would be for June, so that about the beginning of May, I decided to place another order, this rather larger, which divided into two parts.

Send another email by talking of my Jalapeno, and telling them I wanted to do another order, I was told the Jalapeno be delayed a bit but I could place another order and that in principle the delivery would be normal, i also confirmed that if I request that I would make a refund of orders they would do me no problems.

I am requesting a refund of the two large orders that you make.
In the first post I was told all sales were final and not to reimburse the order.
It took over a week to respond, and they responded by talking of themselves told me I would do a refund if requested another week past and I'm still waiting.
I hope not to be cheated, but I use other than to request a refund, to warn other buyers of what can happen. If this is resolved well passeth to delete the thread for doing bad publicity unfounded.

This has been translated with Google Translate, so it may contain some misspelling. Thank you.

I created a mirror thread to this thread, the BFL forum.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/4538-possible-fraud-deception-bfl.html#post54449

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zanatos666

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:05:52 PM

You are one of the countless many who have requested a refund from BFL.  It has hard to come by as they stick hard to their "all sales are final" line.  While some have been successful with getting their money back, it has not come easy as it usually involves constantly contacting them and harassing them, even bringing in outside help of lawyers until they finally will grant a refund.

As of Friday BFL is shipping orders from the end of January and have moved into February orders, so your order of February of this year should be shipping within the next couple of weeks in theory, that is if there are no other delays.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
Hideto (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 04:43:01 PM

If I write an email to BFL and I confirm that I will make a refund on any order with no problem, i don need to read the big list of new adds.

Since it is a demonstrable fact and legally reportable.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 06:02:28 PM

Good news! Josh will be right here to take care of this issue in a satisfactory manner, for he stated on BFL's forum, in no uncertain terms, that having a thread over there was useless since you already had one here on this forum, thus implying to all outstanding Butterfly Labs customers that he will be addressing this important issue here and not there.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/4538-possible-fraud-deception-bfl.html#post54476

Since you've got the thread on Bitcointalk, there's no need to have one here.
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 01:31:41 AM

Good news! Josh will be right here to take care of this issue in a satisfactory manner, for he stated on BFL's forum, in no uncertain terms, that having a thread over there was useless since you already had one here on this forum, thus implying to all outstanding Butterfly Labs customers that he will be addressing this important issue here and not there.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/4538-possible-fraud-deception-bfl.html#post54476

Since you've got the thread on Bitcointalk, there's no need to have one here.
ROFL! Josh tells people who post here to contact BFL. Then someone posts on BFL... what a douche bag!!

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:58:41 PM

Regards,

In February this year I made an order for a Jalapeno, after two months or so, I requested by email the delivery and was told it would be for June, so that about the beginning of May, I decided to place another order, this rather larger, which divided into two parts.

Not very smart. Stop sending stuff to scammers. Read more, act less, etc.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: