Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:23:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how much percentage of ones savings should invest in coins?  (Read 212 times)
Shamefulpilchard

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:15:01 PM

I would say don't exceed 50-60% of your savings since coins are pretty risky no matter how secure people say they are, the risk of getting hacked is still a possibility. Coins provide no insurance so we should be smart.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shnyrutti

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:16:55 PM

The interesting about saving is that i used to have about 20% of my whole saving in crypto. But due to the dec 2017 crazy rise, now my crypto is like 60% of my whole saving. It grew more than x3. So it is kind of hard to balance my whole portfolio.

Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:18:50 PM

Before you invest your entire savings you need to understand that the cryptomarket is very unpredictable and unforgiving sometimes

and if you have a big heart to overcome such situations for a start you can go with 30% of what you have in your savings.
One more thing dont limit yourself to bitcoin you have a whole pool of coins to choice from Wink
Glorious04

Activity: 392
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:22:27 PM

It depends on how much do want your money o be managed. If you dont trust bitcoin since it has fallen in value lately, you can put only part of your money. Those believe in bitcoin sees it as a dependable investment but not all believe.

VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:26:30 PM

i have some savings and want to invest in bitcoin. should i just input some pocket money or 10% or 50% of it or all in? i wont use the savings for a long long term. besides, if i lose all these money it wont effect my present life. advice please.
Bitcoin is the best choice to invest but that doesn't mean that there is no risk, that is why it is not advisable to invest all your money or savings in one investment. My recommendation is since you are willing to use all of your savings to invest and you said that it will not affect you if you lose, you should also try to look for other cryptocurrency and spread your money in different kinds of coin, of course including Bitcoin because it is one of the best cryptocurrency to buy for long term investment. It's up to you on how will you diversify your portfolio.
tanoe

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:27:49 PM

Actually, the financial solution is our own. cause we who know what to use for the future. so, we must have secure funds when our investment is no profit and even decrease.
about the percentage you have to spend from your savings, maybe you can try from 20% first. and this is what I did.
Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:28:20 PM

go with the smallest percentage of your thinking for the reasons mentioned earlier(about risk)
instead of eagerly putting all that is there to get more profit but only an unexpected dance will await you even if you say it will not affect your finances but run in a field that you do not understand will be dangerous. better with small numbers, then learning from there and maybe 10% or less will be better

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
P2Pfinder

Activity: 249
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:28:54 PM

Hallo Robotrabbit,

First, never go "ALL IN". Then you had to split your allocation according to your expectations and to risk you are willing to support if thing will go bad. Remeber that if you lose 50% of your invested amount, you need to have 100% profit to cover your loss. Also if you lose 90% of your invested amount (and this could happen) you need 1000% profit for cover your loss!
I could help you create a good asset allocation, but  for make a good work (as i wrote in PM) i need to know you total asset ( in % , not in value) and risk you are willing to support in terms of loss.
BountyX

Activity: 352

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:09:22 AM

It is difficult to speak about percentages, since it can change from case to case. The right answer is that you should invest in coins only the money that you can afford to lose. This has been said again and again, but never enough.

ridgeview123

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:53:39 AM

I think 5% is good enough to start with. Need time to learn and know the coins you are going to invest. When you feel comfortable, you can invest a little bit more. "Know you limit, play within it."
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:27:12 AM

Before you invest your entire savings you need to understand that the cryptomarket is very unpredictable and unforgiving sometimes

and if you have a big heart to overcome such situations for a start you can go with 30% of what you have in your savings.
One more thing dont limit yourself to bitcoin you have a whole pool of coins to choice from Wink
Sometimes the quote "do not invest more than you can afford to lose" is very useful. the point is to allocate funds in accordance with your financial capabilities. really what you're saying is that you have to understand first about cryptocurrency. how the price changes are unpredictable and volatile. and you must understand also about the risks. once you understand that you can try to allocate funds according to your financial ability. eg 30% of your savings (it's not so bad). then you can divide that 30% into the various coins you want to invest. yeah true don't limit to bitcoin only
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:33:52 AM

i have some savings and want to invest in bitcoin. should i just input some pocket money or 10% or 50% of it or all in? i wont use the savings for a long long term. besides, if i lose all these money it wont effect my present life. advice please.

My advice would be to first sit down and then list down your plans for how you see you olans for your future. Then, go to your expenses and income and try to forsee any possible expense that you might incur. Once you are left with your savings you then become to know and decide for yourself how much are you eilling to invest and then some by putting this all

L00n3y

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:40:09 AM

Interest rate on banks are minimal. There are a lot of coins out there that are good prospect for investments and if you are accustomed with cyptos then go for it. I would say 20-30% of your savings would be good.
bayong

Activity: 197

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:30:48 PM

well, i haven't been investing in coins.someday i will learn to it but my husband does.He invest coins but not with our money but the payment of our hardwork here in forum.He invest 50% of coins then 50% of it will go to our banks.We exchange it to our currency and deposit it to the banks
JimmieA

Activity: 396

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:49:48 PM

When you invest in btc or other crypto then the risk is very high so I wanna say that you should invest in crypto with the money you are willing to give up. This means that when you start with this money, you should think that you have actually lost this amount of money. And how much percentage is that, it depends on you.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

jonval21

Activity: 574
Merit: 111

I love the Cryptocurrency world

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:56:16 PM

you should use a percentage that you feel confortable to loose, 15 or 20% is a good number, remember the cryptocurrency world is very volatil. but once you are in with the time you will fell more and more confortable.

most of my friends are holding a good part since a year ago but they feel very good right now no matter the price.  Wink

localcrypto

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:33:54 PM

invest what u can afford to loss dont invest all ur saving it is nt advisable
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: