Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:19:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying USDT during crypto dips.your thoughts.  (Read 303 times)
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:57:30 PM

I detest the whole concept of USDT. I am sure if it did not exist, then the market would not experience the extreme drops it has over the past few months. People throw their belief in cryptocurrency out the window when they have an easy option. I honestly believe that if the option was not there, then the market would not have dropped to the extent it has. What to do, it does exist, but I hate it. Used it once a few months ago and have refused to use it since, win or lose. You're either in or out. I'm in.

I have the same feeling. USDT encourages more risky behavior from traders in  my opinion.

loraalbert

Activity: 184
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:06:12 PM

Yes, USDT is a popular coin with high stability and safety. But in my opinion, that is the downside of USDT. Personally I do not like the price stability. USDT does not have the fluctuations and fluctuations necessary in the user base and in the psychology of investors. After the successful phase by the end of 2015. USDT value gradually decrease and become saturated. In other words, USDT has lost its essence and seems to be no longer adjusting to maintain the trend. I like the vibrations from DOGE.
gaurav@zup

Activity: 38
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:40:35 PM

USDT is the best escape route from market dips and crashes but i would suggest to convert half of your cryptos in your local currencies as USDT is also surrounded  with some rumors of not backed by dollars as they claim.
waitforme

Activity: 618

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:48:44 PM

During times of crypto blood bath,I prefer to sell off my portfolios and buy USD Tether which usually fluctuates minimally.Any better options or thoughts on this?
USDt is the choice of all traders when the market starts fluctuating. As the market goes down, USDT goes up and affects many other Altcoin, and when the market goes up, USDT is chosen as a money storage solution to wait for the next opportunity.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:02:12 PM

Don't forget that Tether is still an unresolved issue. We don't know if they are really solvent, if their USDT is really backed by USD money at a 1:1 ratio or they are doing really fractional reserve banking at small scale which would be enough to create a scarefest and get further panic selling traction. For now, it seems to be working, but sooner or later I think USDT will bust and we will have another bear cycle, excellent to buy because ultimately who the hell cares if some company is doing that in some off shores bank. Bitcoin is beyond these scammy practices. 21 million limited coins no matter what guys, don't forget that.
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:43:09 PM

Don't forget that Tether is still an unresolved issue. We don't know if they are really solvent, if their USDT is really backed by USD money at a 1:1 ratio or they are doing really fractional reserve banking at small scale which would be enough to create a scarefest and get further panic selling traction. For now, it seems to be working, but sooner or later I think USDT will bust and we will have another bear cycle, excellent to buy because ultimately who the hell cares if some company is doing that in some off shores bank. Bitcoin is beyond these scammy practices. 21 million limited coins no matter what guys, don't forget that.
Understanding the risk should also be taking place, yes it is usable for a while if we understand how the market will proceed, it can serve as a temporary
assets just to convert your holdings to much safer if we are dealing inside the exchange, but just like what you have said there's still some issue that is
needed to clarify before we entrust our investment, better to use it with a lots of understanding and more strategy than frequently using it and make
your entire investment at risk.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Alex077
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 1209

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 06:36:03 PM

During times of crypto blood bath,I prefer to sell off my portfolios and buy USD Tether which usually fluctuates minimally.Any better options or thoughts on this?

It is a good strategy to buy usdt when the market is down. But you should be extremely attentive, because there were a good deal of nasty news about usdt. Nevertheless, Goldman Sachs have bought Poloniex recently, so things can’t be too bad..!
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:46:29 PM

It is a good strategy to buy usdt when the market is down. But you should be extremely attentive, because there were a good deal of nasty news about usdt. Nevertheless, Goldman Sachs have bought Poloniex recently, so things can’t be too bad..!
USDT can't be relied upon, there are alternatives though that people can use as these stable coins(nubits,bitusd,trueusd) use collaterals to provide stability/$1 pegging. i encourage people use dollar pegged stable coins like trueusd,bitusd or nubits.
jerry0

Activity: 1750
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:25:14 PM

Does bittrex or binance have nubits, bitusd or trueusd?
nik9990

Activity: 616

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:49:33 PM

this is the right option to wait for a general decline, usually the USDT is not at all volatile, so it can serve as the currency in which you can wait for a drawdown

Miracleismyidol

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:12:51 PM

I believe that at this point you should sell your bitcoin and convert it to USDT, you can see that the bitcoin price has risen steadily over the past three days as the G20 summit has taken place and has shown the specific path and importance of crypto market Therefore, after several days of continuous price increases, I think bitcoin prices will adjust slightly before continuing to increase. You should sell to take profit and prepare to buy at a better price to trade.
gudrun

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:21:32 PM

I believe the market is about to prepare storm so you convert your bitcoin to USDT to be able to preserve the capital. It can be seen that bitcoin and altcoin prices have risen sharply for two days in a row and are now facing signs of slowing down. According to my analysis, today's bitcoin price may be adjusted to $ 8400 before continuing to rise.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:32:21 PM

I just can't see the point in it and I don't understand the people who have faith in it. Even if it works fine, they should not trust it.

Alt only exchanges these days often demand verification too. If you have to verify anyway that means real dollars are available to you on places like Bitstamp and GDAX and they're only a  BTC or LTC transfer away from your alt exchange.

I would never leave any significant value in USDT. I think they have the money. I also think regulators will eventually nail them and there'll be no warning. I'd do it for a day or two. I wouldn't park and them and go away for months. There's a good chance there'll be nothing to come back to.
dragoz11

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:38:48 PM

that is why tether is printing many coins, but lately there was an issue with tether and u.s so I was in doubt whether to invest on it or not when the market faces a fall.
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 11:45:50 PM

You are doing it right dude.  BTC is not the best option to hedge the value of your investment.  uSDT is the only way to preserve it.  Thus you can rebuy bitcoin and alts on its dip using usdt. Which gives you more money.

janelleshepard

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:55:14 PM

This is the popular way to safe your money when the dump is coming but actually there are many other ways to do it.
Like withdrawing all your cryptos into fiats but you will have to pay much fees for this is the biggest disadvantage for this way.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:56:39 PM

isn't that the main real use of USDT? as a "hedge" tool in this crazy volatile cryptocurrency markets
if you think USDT is used to easily cashout or move your crypto, Roll Eyes you should think twice
your action holding USDT as a way to temporary store and protect your $$ value is considered good
although you might miss the profit opportunity when there is a sudden price increase in BTC/US$ fiat market Tongue

Scallywag

Activity: 249

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:01:53 AM

the best option for what you want is usdt , it does exactly what you need. if you trust them to hold value that is , a lot of people say that there is no proof that every tether is backed by a dollar.
apityeh71

Activity: 476

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:16:16 AM

That good strategy, during any bad news all cryptocurrency will be down and only by sell that all crypto to USDT is better because nearly no fluctuacion of this coin. I also prefer doing trade on pair altcoin with USDT because  i can sell all coins to Tether ASAP.

lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:32:13 PM

Does bittrex or binance have nubits, bitusd or trueusd?
Yes, bittrex has nubits(NBT)[1] and trueusd(TUSD)[2], it's not available yet on binance(i hope they add it soon). as for bitusd[3], it can be bought on openledger dex. you can see all the exchanges those coins are traded on (cmc links below).

[1] https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nubits/
[2] https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/true-usd/
[3] https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitusd/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: