Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:40:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin chess internet server  (Read 1478 times)
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 01:14:11 AM

Hi, this is an old thread, but anyway...

I'm too a poor player (about 1600 ELO) to play for money.

But I like the chess game and I think it might be interesting if good players (both humans and computers) could have a plateform to play for bitcoins.

Some pretty good games could emerge from a purly electronic bitcoin chess tournament.

It could also be a great intencive for programmers to developp a good chess programm.

I know there is already a famous game tournament plateform (ICS I think).  It should be easily modified to male players play for bitcoins.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 03:42:24 AM

Hi, this is an old thread, but anyway...

I'm too a poor player (about 1600 ELO) to play for money.

But I like the chess game and I think it might be interesting if good players (both humans and computers) could have a plateform to play for bitcoins.

Some pretty good games could emerge from a purly electronic bitcoin chess tournament.

It could also be a great intencive for programmers to developp a good chess programm.

I know there is already a famous game tournament plateform (ICS I think).  It should be easily modified to male players play for bitcoins.

This is a great idea, I love playing chess.

The problem with playing for Bitcoins (or any kind of money) is cheating. If you play with someone, you can be running a Chessmaster copy in the background and just make the moves that the computer does (by using your opponent's moves against your PC). This way your opponent would always lose, unless he is Kasparov - or unless you are playing blitz chess where there is no time to use the Chessmaster. Correct me if I am wrong.
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 03:46:20 AM

The problem with playing for Bitcoins (or any kind of money) is cheating. If you play with someone, you can be running a Chessmaster copy in the background and just make the moves that the computer does (by using your opponent's moves against your PC). This way your opponent would always lose, unless he is Kasparov - or unless you are playing blitz chess where there is no time to use the Chessmaster. Correct me if I am wrong.

Just bet very small amounts if you are afraid to lose.  You may lose some bitcoins, but it might worth the chess lesson.

There is no cheating as long as you don't pretend you are a human being.  Kasparov himself is an advocate of "advanced chess", where players are free to be assisted by computers.

And even a computer-only network would be interesting (for it could give some nice chess games).  Chess programers could compete for bitcoins and it might still be fun.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2011, 04:44:01 AM

Just bet very small amounts if you are afraid to lose.  You may lose some bitcoins, but it might worth the chess lesson.

There is no cheating as long as you don't pretend you are a human being.  Kasparov himself is an advocate of "advanced chess", where players are free to be assisted by computers.

And even a computer-only network would be interesting (for it could give some nice chess games).  Chess programers could compete for bitcoins and it might still be fun.

But you can get as many ass beatings as you want from a computer for free. It isn't that the ass beating service isn't valuable, it's that it's already provided gratis.

Gambling is for games where variance can hide the skill like poker and backgammon.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 05:48:13 AM

But you can get as many ass beatings as you want from a computer for free. It isn't that the ass beating service isn't valuable, it's that it's already provided gratis.

Well I have to agree.  It wouldn't be much interesting for human only players.  But it could be a nice way for chess programmers to compete with one another.

lumos

Activity: 157
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 17, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

i am very interested in this, for years i have been looking for chess betting websites, but don't want the kinda of heavy payment system on the rare places i have found
lumos

Activity: 157
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 17, 2011, 05:36:07 PM

also for cheating, i am not sure of this, but there must be ways to analyse a players behaviour, like they do with poker?
fabianhjr

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 17, 2011, 08:02:10 PM

Well, I had been playing in Dragon's Tale and it is quite fun. Good luck making a winning bot. Wink

There are some strategy games and some great game such as the monkey cage.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: