Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:34:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to me Antiminer S7 Starts mining then stops  (Read 162 times)
bmukkamala (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:21:47 PM

Greetings and Thanks for reading:

I bought a used Antminer S7 primarily to learn about mining. I understand that it is unlikley to prove profitable.

I plugged it in and connected to network. All seems fine and it shows up when I login via IP address and for a good 20 minutes seems to hash fine. Then the flashing green light stops (no red light appears) and the miner is no longer discoverable in the IP Address search of my network.

Any advice on what I should be checking?

Thanks again!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rjpminer

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:39:33 PM

I bought a used Antminer S7 primarily to learn about mining. I understand that it is unlikley to prove profitable.

I plugged it in and connected to network. All seems fine and it shows up when I login via IP address and for a good 20 minutes seems to hash fine. Then the flashing green light stops (no red light appears) and the miner is no longer discoverable in the IP Address search of my network.

Thanks again!

At the current price of BTC (11.5K usd) you should be able to generate around $100 usd per month with an S7 model (assuming your electrical is somewhere near 0.10 kwh). Hopefully you get your money back and start making a profit at some point Wink

I would try and make sure your unit is clean.  On one occasion I had a similar problem and I took the fans off and outer case off so I could get at the hashing boards. I used compressed air to blow the dust out of everything. There are lots of utube videos on how to clean an S7.

Even just going through the process of plugging and unplugging the hashing board cables that go to the controller board might help.

Another thing you could try would be to use a different power supply, however, most people don't have spare ones available.

It doesn't sound like an Internet problem as you're not able to see the IP when the problem begins.

VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:50:47 PM

What PSU are you using?

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 09:13:38 PM

Thanks again!

There are 3 possible problem of your antminer s7 this is just my own guess.

1. Hashing board is too hot that is why its stop
2. Maybe your PSU is not giving enough power and your miner stop hashing.
3. Your hashing board is shorted

For solution or troubleshoot about this problem you can find it in bitmain support here
https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/220872007-Possible-problems-for-Antminer-Troubleshooting-for-S7-S9-L3-

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:44:06 PM

If the miner is not connectable the controller is crashing. Overheating, overclocks, all that will stop it from hashing but you would still have full GUI access. I am gonna say its either a bad controller or a bad power supply.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: