Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:55:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal data protection  (Read 196 times)
AvadaJigurda (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:12:02 PM

Hey guys, what ways of personal data protection do you use? Encryption(e.g. truecrypt), proxy, VPN? Maybe protected VPS? Share your secrets, I think it'll be very useful for all of us.
I understand that there are things like Trezor or Ledger Nano to store your money, but also there are a lot of information noone wants to become public. Everyone has such type of information, I guess.
Poe AT

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:15:44 PM

LOL! I use my grandmother`s computer which has no connection to the Internet to backup my private keys. The best vault ever!

BTW, are there any other ways to do it. I`m pretty new and don`t know much about it...
crypto-words

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:27:56 PM

LOL! I use my grandmother`s computer which has no connection to the Internet to backup my private keys. The best vault ever!

BTW, are there any other ways to do it. I`m pretty new and don`t know much about it...

I hope you have some form of backup other than that one HD drive they are on right now. I, for my part, use simple flash drives for that. Encrypting your USB drives is recommended. The easiest way to store crypto, however, would be to just get one of those Ledger Nano S drives, it's pretty much one of the most secure ways to store crypto I think.
Poe AT

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:58:48 PM

I hope you have some form of backup other than that one HD drive they are on right now. I, for my part, use simple flash drives for that. Encrypting your USB drives is recommended. The easiest way to store crypto, however, would be to just get one of those Ledger Nano S drives, it's pretty much one of the most secure ways to store crypto I think.
I`ve lost my data from flash drives many times (DO NOT PUT IT ON YOUR MICROWAVE!!!), so I don`t really believe in it.
AlexandrTDS

Activity: 1736
Merit: 138

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:21:35 PM
Merited by Madstayler (5)

I agree with you.(paranoia is a personal choice Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy)
But, I guess, the topic started wanted to admit that storing currencies is the least important.
As for me, I use VPS + several VPN nodes + JAP network + traffic mixing (yes, I'm paranoid Grin Cheesy).
[by the way, crypting (truecrypt for example) is a pretty good thing]
And what about Telegramm? I heard that it has been hacked about 2 years ago via SS7...
Perhaps, Jabber is better? Huh
crypto-words

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:36:15 PM

I`ve lost my data from flash drives many times (DO NOT PUT IT ON YOUR MICROWAVE!!!), so I don`t really believe in it.

I quite agree, putting a flash drive on a microwave isn't a good idea really ; ) Well, for that reason what I did was buying 100 like really cheap flash drives (32 MB) on eBay and putting the very same information on 3-4 drives, just in case - date loss may happen for various reasons.

I agree with you.(paranoia is a personal choice Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy)
But, I guess, the topic started wanted to admit that storing currencies is the least important.
As for me, I use VPS + several VPN nodes + JAP network + traffic mixing (yes, I'm paranoid Grin Cheesy).
[by the way, crypting (truecrypt for example) is a pretty good thing]
And what about Telegramm? I heard that it has been hacked about 2 years ago via SS7...
Perhaps, Jabber is better? Huh

Well, that is something I'd call secure really! I'm just for lazy for doing all that, but I guess if you really wanna try to achieve maximum security, this is the way to go! What is ever safe by the way? So I'm not so sure if you could call anything that. I am a cautious Telegram user, havent' had much experience with Jabber though.
Madstayler

Activity: 406
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:10:24 AM
Merited by AlexandrTDS (5)

That is a good question to discuss, but, I guess, nobody knows about it (otherwise there would be much more messages). The only protection that people usually use is incognito mode. Could you tell me more about the type of protection you use?
xdbitcoin

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:11:51 PM

Hello there!
And have you heard about GDPR and its analogues in other countries?
What do you feel about protection at this level?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: