Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:14:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallets?  (Read 317 times)
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:18:18 PM

I personally use Blockchain.info so I recommend it. It's easy to use.
And like @TMAN said above, I don't recommend using an exchange website as your wallet.

It's not like the Blockchain.info wallet is any different in functionality than an adress on coinbase/poloniex really...

There's no direct access to your private keys, ...

That is not true. Blockchain.info is web-based, but it gives you, and only you, access to the private keys.

Correct, you have the private keys with Blockchain.info.

If you want to trade regularly, I'd advice keeping some coins with your chosen exchange, for example coinbase, as there is cost involved transferring between wallets.
But don't store too much bitcoin there even OP wants to do day trading by converting BTC->USD.

This is risky.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hunter#12 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:37:48 AM

Thanks guys I think I'm going to use Bloclchain I searched more about it and think that will work the best for me thank you very much all the best to you!
Bryan_12

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:59:37 PM

There are many wallets (Wallets as it is known in the world of cryptocurrencies) to save your bitcoins. In this post we will tell you which are the most reliable and safe.

The Blockchain wallet is one of the most used in the world, for its simplicity, security and power. It has a desktop version, in addition to the mobile version. If I had a debit card like Xapo, it would be perfect.

Xapo is one of the most reliable wallets to store your Bitcoins. Another great advantage is that it has a debit card so you can make purchases and withdraw money at ATMs.

Bittrex allows you to store Bitcoins and other dozens of Cryptocurrencies. The main advantage of this Wallet is that it allows you to trade from the same Web page.

CoinPayments is another wallet that, apart from Bitcoin, lets you store other cryptocurrencies, such as Ethereum, Ripple, Dogecoin, etc. The Wallet is very easy to use and is also in Spanish.
McInzy

Activity: 123

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:40:53 PM

Guys could you help me please? Why in some wallets is it so difficult to find out whether a wallet is erc20 compatible or not?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:54:50 PM

Guys could you help me please? Why in some wallets is it so difficult to find out whether a wallet is erc20 compatible or not?

This is a Bitcoin forum. You will probably get better answers in an Ethereum forum such as https://forum.ethereum.org/

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
ShawlyNot007

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:15:23 AM

Thanks for the advice, I already have Jaxx and coinomi wallet but they still don't cover everything I own at present, guess I'm going too look at getting my self a hardware wallet.

Any recommendations for storing various AltCoins
Want to take them off the exchanges and try and keep them altogether in one wallet preferably!

I'd suggest something like Exodus or Jaxx (although jaxx has had some issues in the past.), if you're going to store on your desktop.

If you're going to store them on a android / iOS device, i'd advise something like Coinomi, which supports bitcoin and a whole lot of other coins, ( over 200).
ShawlyNot007

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:23:56 AM

Thanks will deffo look in to these options. Do you happen to know if these hardware wallets have any restrictions on how many or which coins you can store on them?

use metamask..

otherwise get yourself a hardware wallet... ledger or trezor and get those coins off those exchanges!
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:52:44 AM

Hi, if you are looking for easy-to-use wallets, Copay and Jaxx are great beginner options--they both offer good privacy and security as well as user-friendly interfaces. However, there are many wallets out there and they all cater to different needs so I suggest first thinking about how you intend to use it (multiple-platform, multi-sig capability, multi-currency options, etc.). Feel free to check out the link below which lays out the pros and cons for 10 different wallets.

https://blockgeeks.com/guides/cryptocurrency-wallet-guide/

Hope this helps, good luck!  Smiley
GiseleGarnet

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:00:16 AM

I myself favor Binance as they provide you with 0.1% fee Binance exchange is no doubt the best in 2018 because the exchange has been doing a lot of things to become the best since Q4 of 2017 and in the year 2018 binance exchange emerge as the best exchange.

If you need a hardware one, then it's definitely Trezor
erc20tokens

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 08:32:36 PM

Like a few others have already said - go with either the Trezor or the Ledger Nano S. I'm not keen on web/phone wallets, but Eidoo App looks interesting.
boakyei

Activity: 358
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:43:53 PM

If your capital is limited and you cant use a cold wallet then is preferable to use an online wallet like blockchain.info which is secured because you have access to the private key and do anything to your bitcoins.

Googlegenius

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:17:38 AM

I agree with all of the above.
* Buy a Ledger Nano S
* Buy a TREZOR
The price for them is less than $ 100
Ive heards blockchain and coinbase has there own wallet as well, what it the benefit I can get with trezor?
ggokidok

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:29:57 AM

jaxx and exodus for desktop wallet. trezor and ledger nano s for hardware wallet. coinbase and blockchain wallets and for erc20 compatible eth wallet use myetherwallet.
MaximMax

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:12:14 PM

Trezor is a very good wallet
flyingplows

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:45:15 PM

I would suggest Bitcoin core if you have large HDD, fast internet and would like to support Bitcoin network or Electrum if you want to save on resources.
The main thing is to control your private keys and have easy ways to claim forks etc. Those two are good old trustworthy wallets with constant upgrades.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: