Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:25:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Read how Coinbase treats customers with utter contempt  (Read 82 times)
Tekunda (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:29:11 PM

Please do read at the link first, and learn what a terrible company Coinbase seems to be. What I hate most is if these fat cats literally make billions, but are too cheap to invest in proper customer support. They treat you like a beast and show no respect whatsoever.
Now after you have read the article I would like to engage in an discussion. why it seems not possible to start an exchange where customers are treated like kings. Shouldn't such an ico rake in millions?
But I am afraid it will not happen.
Recently there was an ico with exactly this idea, an exchange where customer care would have been the number one priority, but they had to close the ico early, because they could not get enough funds.
What is going on inside the crypto community. Shouldn't such an exchange be on the minds of each and every trader?

http://bitcoinist.com/coinbase-creams-billion-dollars-revenue/
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:50:54 PM

The problem is millions of new customer queueing up to sign on Coinbase and other exchanges.
Customer support is very slow or bad at most due to this simple reason.  It is not going to
be get better anytime soon.
The solution is atomic swaps and decentralized exchanges.
Tekunda (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:57:43 PM

The problem is millions of new customer queueing up to sign on Coinbase and other exchanges.
Customer support is very slow or bad at most due to this simple reason.  It is not going to
be change anytime soon.
The solution is atomic swaps and decentralized exchanges.

But if they rake in a billion dollars in revenue, don't you think they should have a few millions to upgrade customer support? Don't they owe this to their customers? For me a main point about the quality of a company always has been customer service.
I remember, as young guy, I had some issues with Sony, with one of their very first cd players. The support handled the the situagion extremely well and since that time I have been a loyal Sony customer.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:15:10 PM

The issue here is that people still trust these Centralised exchanges more trusted than the discentralised exchanges, for me as long as a coin is listed on ED I am set to go, I don't need to use any centralised exchanges again, just see what Bittrex did to their customers,
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:42:55 PM

Law of supply and demand.

They have something everyone wants...right now, they control the market.  I do hope better options/competition come soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: