Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:13:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weiss Ratings  (Read 144 times)
MoonIsBlue (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:31:39 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 06:44:03 PM by MoonIsBlue

So before everyone goes completely beserkers on these ratings, know that they are trying to sell a service, which is investment advice on crypto's that can outperform Bitcoin. Their ratings are not soley based on tech they are mostly on risk and reward.

I suggest you read these pages:

https://orders.weissratings.com/wcy-crypto-ratings/EWCYU100/index.htm?pageNumber=2
https://weisscryptocurrencyratings.com/ratings/the-weiss-cryptocurrency-ratings-explained-15
https://weisscryptocurrencyratings.com/ratings/frequently-asked-questions-61

In my opinion its complete nonsense and bullshit, they are just trying to sell their service and advertise themselves as independent in the sense that they didn't receive compensation, but they sure as hell are invested.

Beginning 2017 anyone could have easily picked a coin that outperformed Bitcoin, they are advertising themselves that they can pick coins that outperform Bitcoin. Its the same with all these hedgefund managers popping up everywhere, we're in a massive bullmarket and lots of people feel like they are missing out, and suddenly all these jokers come along and promise gains when all you really have to do is just be patient.

The list is not even comprehensive, it rates Doge a C and in comparison Ethereum is only a B to that. 1 huge mistake they already made is they recorded past performances into future projections of what is a good investment, Doge might have had some good years but I sure as hell would never put my money into it, even the Dev has said that its beserkers at 1 billion evaluation and that its a joke.

If you're not familiar with American rating systems:

A+, A , A- = 10
B+, B, B-  = 9-8
C+, C, C-=    7-6
D+,D,D- =  5-4
F+, F F- = 3-1

flipperfin

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:37:36 PM

2 of the top 5 on their list dont even have a working product yet. Its absolute nonsense, and it seems as if everyone half-educated in the crypto community feels the same.
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:42:10 PM

The list is not even comprehensive, it rates Doge a C and in comparison Ethereum is only a B to that.

agreed. most bogus list i've ever seen. there aren't even explanations for how everything was rated!
MoonIsBlue (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:45:14 PM

The list is not even comprehensive, it rates Doge a C and in comparison Ethereum is only a B to that.

agreed. most bogus list i've ever seen. there aren't even explanations for how everything was rated!

They do provide the following explenation:

The Cryptocurrency Risk Index measures (a) relative and absolute price fluctuations over multiple time frames, (b) declines from peak to trough in terms of frequency and magnitude, (c) market bias, whether up or down, and other factors.
The Cryptocurrency Reward Index evaluates (a) returns compared to moving averages, (b) absolute returns compared to a benchmark, (c) smoothed returns, and other factors.
The Cryptocurrency Technology Index evaluates the level of anonymity, governance capabilities, the ability to upgrade, energy efficiency, scaling solutions, interoperability with other blockchains, plus other technological strengths or weaknesses.
The Cryptocurrency Fundamental Index measures transaction speed and scalability, market penetration, network security, decentralization of block production, network capacity, developer participation, public acceptance, plus other key factors.

These are the indicators considered in their rating.

StarLawl

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:33:30 PM

Well - I was eagerly anticipating the rating and how the result would be. I do find it funny that they sent out a mail today - saying that there had been a cyber attack from South Korea. Someone was interested in positions prior to the official release or just hindering the release? Anyway - I am kinda disappointed that they did rate the "coins/tokens" without any working product so high. The mail I received from them today had these explanations to some of the ratings:

Bitcoin (rated C+) gets excellent scores for security and widespread adoption. But it is encountering major network bottlenecks, causing delays and high transactions costs. Despite intense ongoing efforts that are achieving some initial success, Bitcoin has no immediate mechanism for promptly upgrading its software code.

Ethereum (B), the second most widely adopted cryptocurrency, benefits from more readily upgradable technology and better speed, despite some bottlenecks.

Novacoin (D) and SaluS (D) are weak in terms of both technological innovation and adoption.

Steem (B-) enjoys a relatively good balance of moderate strength in nearly all the key factors considered along with a social network feature.

I would love to see the rest of the ratings but will not pay for the list. And I wonder what reason they have for giving the "ideas" higher rating than other coins with working products. Anyone got the entire list with explanations?

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1637983)
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:55:14 PM

Well - I was eagerly anticipating the rating and how the result would be. I do find it funny that they sent out a mail today - saying that there had been a cyber attack from South Korea. Someone was interested in positions prior to the official release or just hindering the release? Anyway - I am kinda disappointed that they did rate the "coins/tokens" without any working product so high. The mail I received from them today had these explanations to some of the ratings:

Bitcoin (rated C+) gets excellent scores for security and widespread adoption. But it is encountering major network bottlenecks, causing delays and high transactions costs. Despite intense ongoing efforts that are achieving some initial success, Bitcoin has no immediate mechanism for promptly upgrading its software code.

Ethereum (B), the second most widely adopted cryptocurrency, benefits from more readily upgradable technology and better speed, despite some bottlenecks.

Novacoin (D) and SaluS (D) are weak in terms of both technological innovation and adoption.

Steem (B-) enjoys a relatively good balance of moderate strength in nearly all the key factors considered along with a social network feature.

I would love to see the rest of the ratings but will not pay for the list. And I wonder what reason they have for giving the "ideas" higher rating than other coins with working products. Anyone got the entire list with explanations?

Bitcoincash was rated a C-

I'm a fan of Steem, but you can only trade it on a few exchanges (and some of those like Bittrex are closed to new business and have verification issues for legacy users).

Not impressed by these ratings and I doubt anyone will wish to pay $1000 on a regular basis to read them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
KristineNguyen

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 07:57:43 AM

I totally agree with you. They just try to sell their service. Their rating list is useless. : )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: