Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:02:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOLD by TRADE , that is possible?  (Read 1117 times)
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:46:24 AM

Hold is for people who are into long term investment or something they are happy to invest with, but if you want to trade for a day then scalping or swing trade is the next option but again it's very risky i would like to share you some experienced that i've done before. The best way to scalp your coins is bear market don't try to scalp your coins when it's bullish.

Why dont scalping in bullish and only in bearish? Do you have the reason?
If you said scalping or short trade is very risk, its right but holding also include in high risk. Nothing is no high risk in trading. This is the first thing before continue trading.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:01:28 AM

Hello my friends, I am a newcomer to the Trade and I have been Holding the potential coin. I realized one thing I could increase the amount of coin hold by trading them, for example I hold 100ADA then I sell for 0.6$ buy back at 0.56$. I have increased the number of coin. Be sure to buy the right one if you do not reach the target, and the last target is the one you want to target. That's the experience I've been drawn to, how do you feel? Can you trade more effectively?
P.s: I have a post for some of my new friends to refer to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2777983.0 , you have some advice for them, let me know by commenting on that, and this post is about the best way to trade.

To me this is just trading. I do this as well but it can be tricky because you may sell and wait for a drop to buy back but instead of dropping, the price could keep rising. This has happened to me a lot so the problem is how to buy back in as the price keeps going up. You are no longer holding but waiting for a price drop that may never happen. I prefer to hold most of the time to avoid this problem.
Scallywag

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:30:59 AM

in theory it will work , but you will probably not be able to buy your coins back at one point . when you will sell for example and the price will go even higher , you can't buy the same amount of coins back . so at this point you will have to wait till it goes lower or take a loss and buy back at a higher price.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:27:57 AM

There's nothing called hold by trading. It is just a normal trading method. Buy at dips and sell at high. The only thing is that, you are trading with only a single pair and loosing all other opportunities. Holding is an investment method and trading is not holding.
Trading is a game of risk, Trading is a predicting short term price moving and holding is predicting the same price in long term. Cause of too much manipulation in cryptomarkets it`s hard to follow the price. Price tend to go up when no one is expecting, price can drop all of a sudden without any warning, what you think how that is happen?
in theory it will work , but you will probably not be able to buy your coins back at one point . when you will sell for example and the price will go even higher , you can't buy the same amount of coins back . so at this point you will have to wait till it goes lower or take a loss and buy back at a higher price.
In one point you will sell to early, in others you will be late cause others dumped their coins already and you didn`t, in any case you will be short for fiat or bitcoins, whales earn you lose.
Trading is risky work, if you want to be a day trader you need info to be faster then others, you need to be online a lot. I lost a lot with day trading but that was my school, in this market mid term and long term trades are the best, invest in idea not in the price, and you will see how much better that can be.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:50:39 AM

There is nothing called hold by trading. They are entirely two different things.
What you are doing is just the normal method of trading. Successful trading that brings profit means that you bought the coin at a low price at sell at a high price to gain.
Holding requires you to keep your bitcoin for a long period of time, maybe six months and above,  before you sell.

sachdientugoogle

Activity: 630
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:23:41 AM

Why not do both? You can have your long-term stash, and you could have a special account just for swing and day-trading - that is if you are any good at reading the charts and determining sentiment.
Profits from day-trading could also be used to bolster your hodl stack, or be diversified to other tokens/projects.
Makrochain

Activity: 130
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:06:25 AM

Hello my friends, I am a newcomer to the Trade and I have been Holding the potential coin. I realized one thing I could increase the amount of coin hold by trading them, for example I hold 100ADA then I sell for 0.6$ buy back at 0.56$. I have increased the number of coin. Be sure to buy the right one if you do not reach the target, and the last target is the one you want to target. That's the experience I've been drawn to, how do you feel? Can you trade more effectively?
P.s: I have a post for some of my new friends to refer to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2777983.0 , you have some advice for them, let me know by commenting on that, and this post is about the best way to trade.
I strongly urge you not to invest in the ADA any more, as you can see that the FOMO effect is becoming increasingly apparent here, so many people are bargain-hunting and are plunging into the ADA. As far as my technical analysis is concerned, the price of ADA will continue to decrease and investors will increasingly withdraw from the ADA. Therefore, the price of ADA will not increase.
izzy13

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:26:59 AM

If you're a newbie, I wouldn't recommend day trading due lots of uncertainty in the crypto market. FX and stocks technical analysis cannot be applied to crypto world due to its reaction to variety of different signals simultaneously.  I would suggest arbitraging instead:

Bought 40LTC on liqui for 0.174 ETH  total (6.96ETH)

Simultaneously sold 40 LTC on hitbtc  0.178 BTC total (7.12ETH)

Net profit: 0.16ETH - 0.5 -1 % fees

Total time: 15 minutes

http://www.arbitrage.expert/

Highly agree. I myself as a newbie prefer choose to hold through these days rather than do any trading. In this kind of bussiness, especially on this kind of days, be greedy and rashly is very unrecommendable.
huanzhong644306

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:43:45 AM

You're doing the right thing, and the best way to make a profit is to increase the number of COINS you hold by trading.

But it's hard to make a profit every time you trade.

If it's a novice I suggest holding it for a long time, and there's enough profit to sell.
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:48:36 AM

This is a good strategy. The main thing is not to play. It can not always happen that you will sell 100 and buy 105. It can turn out the opposite (considering that you are a novice in the trade). So be very careful.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1343

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:11:16 PM

You can hold and increase your money by trading, but you can also end up losing your money in the same way. Why I said that is because trade is very risky. If you’re considering the huge amount of money you’re going to make from it, you should also consider the losses that are likely to occur in it. You might start trading with your savings with an intention to increase your money, but along the way, you might end up losing it.
What happens with newbies is they see the potential money they can make with trading and they do not stop to think that while the profits can be amazing the losses can be incredible too, you only need to make a few mistakes to lose all your capital so trading cryptocurrencies it is really not something that should be done for those which have no experience on how to trade in this market.
hoangtujuda (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:20:01 PM

This is only for those who are extremely awake, for Newbie like me and you, the loss of account is possible: (((

Exactly you gentle, you do not wake, you die. I have a friend, who told me this way, is an expert, due to too greedy account has been split two. So this approach must be very careful.
AmberStephenson

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:07:17 PM

if you cannot hot then just leave the trading.Right now market is down, so hold firm, expect the Holder firmly paddle.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:52:31 AM

There's nothing called hold by trading. It is just a normal trading method. Buy at dips and sell at high. The only thing is that, you are trading with only a single pair and loosing all other opportunities. Holding is an investment method and trading is not holding.
Trading is a game of risk, Trading is a predicting short term price moving and holding is predicting the same price in long term. Cause of too much manipulation in cryptomarkets it`s hard to follow the price. Price tend to go up when no one is expecting, price can drop all of a sudden without any warning, what you think how that is happen?
In one point you will sell to early, in others you will be late cause others dumped their coins already and you didn`t, in any case you will be short for fiat or bitcoins, whales earn you lose.
Trading is risky work, if you want to be a day trader you need info to be faster then others, you need to be online a lot. I lost a lot with day trading but that was my school, in this market mid term and long term trades are the best, invest in idea not in the price, and you will see how much better that can be.
Day trading is very time consuming activity. The foremost requirement of success in this job is to stay with the hourly changing price. Checking out the value every other minute can be very tedious, blowing up one’s mind. Above this, one should have a good idea of how bitcoin works on daily basis.  Surely that is very different from its behavior on weekly basis. Day trading is riskier and trickier than long term trading but beneficial also.
PETES

Activity: 456

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:19:42 AM

If you're a newbie, I wouldn't recommend day trading due lots of uncertainty in the crypto market. FX and stocks technical analysis cannot be applied to crypto world due to its reaction to variety of different signals simultaneously.  I would suggest arbitraging instead:

Bought 40LTC on liqui for 0.174 ETH  total (6.96ETH)

Simultaneously sold 40 LTC on hitbtc  0.178 BTC total (7.12ETH)

Net profit: 0.16ETH - 0.5 -1 % fees

Total time: 15 minutes

http://www.arbitrage.expert/

Highly agree. I myself as a newbie prefer choose to hold through these days rather than do any trading. In this kind of bussiness, especially on this kind of days, be greedy and rashly is very unrecommendable.

And to think that you'll still get this profit or even more than just by holding. Really, everyone loves to trade and of course to gain more experience but with the crazy fees right now like even in deposit there's also a fee and so it would be more practical to just hold it. And maybe just do swing trading at least.
francedeni

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:34:09 AM

This is only for those who are extremely awake, for Newbie like me and you, the loss of account is possible: (((

Exactly you gentle, you do not wake, you die. I have a friend, who told me this way, is an expert, due to too greedy account has been split two. So this approach must be very careful.
Sometimes doing this kind of trading is also not profitable at all. Why? Because you have to timing the price to buy at dips and sell when you are already earning. Market is very unpredictable that you wil buy back at at a certain price, the question is the coin will rise instantly. Definitely, not because some potential coins will have time to grow in the market.
shoujiuhaituo7

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:42:21 AM

When the market falls, trading is very dangerous. You can choose some good COINS and keep them for one to two months.

I'm a long-term holder, and I support long-term deals.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1343

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:10:56 PM

It is possible to hold and trade. You hold 90-95% if you assets and you trade with 10-5%.

When people say they trade they good traders usually follow that strategy. None of the will trade their entire account, especially not on margin
This can be possible for some but not for all especially the small traders since they do not have enough money to only trade with 5% of their holdings and still produce profits big enough to sustain themselves that is one of the reasons you see people trading almost all their money in an attempt to multiply their earnings, this can help the profits but at the same time it increases the losses.
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:21:26 PM

Sometimes doing this kind of trading is also not profitable at all. Why? Because you have to timing the price to buy at dips and sell when you are already earning. Market is very unpredictable that you wil buy back at at a certain price, the question is the coin will rise instantly. Definitely, not because some potential coins will have time to grow in the market.
This is why we can really differentiate between an active day trader to a long term trader when it comes to profit making. Long term holds might be less riskier since you would only need just to wait for the price to shoot up compared on day active trades where its more way riskier but would really be more worth to make money if you did it right. Holding is considered a trade yet you bought a coin and sell it off later.
Rasel5209

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:41:26 AM

This is good think but it is risky. you see you losses big profit for some profit. your holding coin only hold for long time and selected some coin for regularly trade.

DEXSPORT
▄█████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
███████████▀▀  ██████████
████████▀     ████████████
███████      ▀▀███████████
████████▄▄       █████████
██████████▀    ▄██████████
█████████▀  ▄▄███████████
█████████▄▄█████████████
██████████████████████▀