Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:37:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOLD by TRADE , that is possible?  (Read 1123 times)
investCo

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:47:41 PM

Hello my friends, I am a newcomer to the Trade and I have been Holding the potential coin. I realized one thing I could increase the amount of coin hold by trading them, for example I hold 100ADA then I sell for 0.6$ buy back at 0.56$. I have increased the number of coin. Be sure to buy the right one if you do not reach the target, and the last target is the one you want to target. That's the experience I've been drawn to, how do you feel? Can you trade more effectively?
P.s: I have a post for some of my new friends to refer to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2777983.0 , you have some advice for them, let me know by commenting on that, and this post is about the best way to trade.

Yes, it can be a good strategy, especially if you transfer funds between different currencies, that are the most promising at the current time. Also, there are good tools on the market to help with such strategies, for example, take a look at www.holdvest.com, it finds the best price for you among dozens of exchanges, and greatly helps in portfolio management.
Dwarf42

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:59:11 PM

Hello my friends, I am a newcomer to the Trade and I have been Holding the potential coin. I realized one thing I could increase the amount of coin hold by trading them, for example I hold 100ADA then I sell for 0.6$ buy back at 0.56$. I have increased the number of coin. Be sure to buy the right one if you do not reach the target, and the last target is the one you want to target. That's the experience I've been drawn to, how do you feel? Can you trade more effectively?
P.s: I have a post for some of my new friends to refer to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2777983.0 , you have some advice for them, let me know by commenting on that, and this post is about the best way to trade.
I believe you should trade the current time, or hold flexibly. It is a sign that hold is essentially commercial but with long periods of hunger for projects with high growth potential in the long run. Therefore, if you evaluate or misjudge a coin, the probability of loss will be extremely high and damage will be very large. So I think you should trade to avoid the risks mentioned above.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:38:55 PM

Hold is for people who are into long term investment or something they are happy to invest with, but if you want to trade for a day then scalping or swing trade is the next option but again it's very risky i would like to share you some experienced that i've done before. The best way to scalp your coins is bear market don't try to scalp your coins when it's bullish.

Why dont scalping in bullish and only in bearish? Do you have the reason?
If you said scalping or short trade is very risk, its right but holding also include in high risk. Nothing is no high risk in trading. This is the first thing before continue trading.
But holding is way easier and less riskier than trading so even if there is a risk of losing your money the truth is that the risk is very low compared to trading this is why holdin is not only a strategy practiced by bitcoin holders but this happens in many other type of investments like in bonds or even stocks, think about the amount of money those that have held to their Apple or Microsoft stocks have made.
Well, that is the point. The more the risk, the more the benefit. However, I believe trading may be a huge risk for those who are not ready to learn, but decided to flow in with the risk anyway. Usually, for those who take advantage of trading after learning, it is always a good way to keep increasing what you have as long as you know how to play right by the books and know what you are doing. I have made so much from trading and I hope to keep doing so.

I guess what the OP is trying to say is that you are holding, but while trading your holdings, you keep increasing them for the long run, but at the end of it all, it still balls down to trading and every trader normally is a holder anyway since all they want to do is to keep being a part of the future and still making use of the benefits at the same time.
GREATLOVE

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:56:34 PM

Simple. Buy low sell high but today we are all disappointed with the market and some of us are already quite because they are thinking that it is the end so it ends up Buy High Sell Low.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:21:55 PM

This way is not suitable for new people, especially the current market, this storm, you need to preserve the property before increasing the property.  Lips sealed Lips sealed

I have said many times, this is only suitable for experienced people, not suitable for novices and greedy. This is really good when the market fluctuates, hope you can apply it.

Basically the greedy ones never wait for long time to make their investment becomes tasty. They always want to eat hot things. They never wait for good times. Like you can say they lack the matter of patience. And for the reason, ultimately their results in trading never comes positive. We have seen so many examples even here weeping for big losses because of greed...
Impatient ones can never earn big profits by crypto coin. In order to make the most out of any potential digital coin is by holding it for really long duration. In my opinion, these people do not have any foresight and get excited by little increments. They just want to see a change in the capital no matter eve if it is a small one. Definitely, they are just missing a big and easy chance of becoming rich by adopting this way. They must learn patience and coin’s future too.
hatsoff2btc

Activity: 151
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:22:09 PM

I realized one thing I could increase the amount of coin hold by trading them, for example I hold 100ADA then I sell for 0.6$ buy back at 0.56$. I have increased the number of coin. Be sure to buy the right one if you do not reach the target, and the last target is the one you want to target. That's the experience I've been drawn to, how do you feel? Can you trade more effectively?
In my opinion there is actually nothing like holding by trade. It is either you are holding or you are trading, or possibly doing the two.  In fact, holding is also a kind of trading but not an active one. Probably you may term your action like "passive trading" .
TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:16:24 PM

~snip!
In my opinion there is actually nothing like holding by trade. It is either you are holding or you are trading, or possibly doing the two.  In fact, holding is also a kind of trading but not an active one. Probably you may term your action like "passive trading" .
For some beginner in trading, i will not recommended to doing short term trading as these time mostly price of crypto coins was so high movement of volatile. in the end, if you are not understand about how volatile price works you will get most loss by following panic selling and cut loss sell.
btc78

Activity: 2534
Merit: 215

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:25:55 PM

There's nothing called hold by trading. It is just a normal trading method. Buy at dips and sell at high. The only thing is that, you are trading with only a single pair and loosing all other opportunities. Holding is an investment method and trading is not holding.
correct thats a daytrading method,theres no difference from normal..the HODL is when you have putted a specific time for withdrawals,this is the settings when your coins stays in wallet and will be convertible when the given time comes,or when the target price reaches.and daytrading is buy low,and sell high

Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:02:10 PM

Simple. Buy low sell high but today we are all disappointed with the market and some of us are already quite because they are thinking that it is the end so it ends up Buy High Sell Low.
If buy low and sell high is the method to make money than the present market is perfect to do so. All the potential coins are going through a decline and indeed these are expected to grow a lot in coming months. Buying now means that these are bought at cheap rates and after few months, selling some of these coin will bring huge profit. The digital market is not going to stay red forever. Everything is temporary and it is the most volatile and strong market.

Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:09:49 PM

There's nothing called hold by trading. It is just a normal trading method. Buy at dips and sell at high. The only thing is that, you are trading with only a single pair and loosing all other opportunities. Holding is an investment method and trading is not holding.
correct thats a daytrading method,theres no difference from normal..the HODL is when you have putted a specific time for withdrawals,this is the settings when your coins stays in wallet and will be convertible when the given time comes,or when the target price reaches.and daytrading is buy low,and sell high
These both are entirely different from each other as you have described both in detail. There is nothing much to add but yes, if we do comparison of both holding is better than day trading. Day trading is for those who have enough of leisure time and are not easily stressed by unfavorable market conditions. Holding is on the other hand for those who are new to crypto market and are afraid of losing money.
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:24:46 AM

Yes, you can hold by trading.  I've been doing this since my altcoins are all in red flag.  But I see to it that if I sold it I can buy the same altcoins at lower price to increase the amount of my altcoins, thus increasing portfolio as well.
This is I guess a common practice of traders to keep holding their coins when they are sure for not making some good money with them. If the prices are lower, they tend to collect more and more in order to increase their variety of coins. For trading, you need a price that is much higher than the one at which you bought your coins. Otherwise trading would be done but the trader will face a good loss.
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:51:03 AM

This is a good strategy. With this strategy, you hold the coin and gradually increase their number. In this way, you can get an increased profit. But this strategy only works if you do not make mistakes.
hoangtujuda (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:21:12 PM

In my opinion this is the most correct strategy. But for this you need to be able to trade. If you do not know how to trade, then you can not increase the number of your coins, but rather reduce it. Increase the number of coins with an increase in coin prices is a good strategy.

Oh no, this measure is only effective for experienced people, and for newbies I recommend not use it because it is easy to fall into the trade loop, you have to hold firm Be sure to understand where the stop is, the trade and the hold, then you will win in this method.
ahoang

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:54:55 PM

IMO, bitcoin is really good for long term investment so holding will be great option. ( Invest )
Meanwhile if you want to trade in short term, it's kinda risky for me because bitcoin value still volatile until now.
Overall just take a look on bitcoin chart over past 6 years and you will see bitcoin always increase although some people still afraid of bitcoin
I am newbie. How long do you think bitcoin will end the correction and go up again?
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:57:47 PM

Yup, this is generral trading method. Only works if your coin goes back at its old price tho.
ahoang

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:15:44 PM

This would be called swing trading if you intend to buy and sell a coin for a short period of time. Instead of just holding your coin and wait for it to increase in value for as long as you want, you would buy and sell it resulting to holding more coins if you would be profitable in your trading. Many would say just hold it because it is risky to trade but then how can you learn how to trade if you don't try it. Just do it and if ever you lose then take it as a lesson so that you will not make the same mistake again in your future trades.

The question is about being a newbie that should be trading or not. I would suggest to trade but first learn the basics of trading because I have seen some people who just buy bitcoin and then ask a bunch of question how to do this or that. They don't search first if their question is already answered and before you put your money into something, you should already know the risks involve and what to do with it. I just hate it that they are asking what is bid and ask, what is trend and consolidation etc. There is google and it can answer all of their basic questions. Besides, if you are really interested in trading then you should just start but learn the basics first. You can never get past being a newbie if you don't try.
Could you recommend newbies about books we should read to get trading knowledge?
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:10:31 PM

Well yes you can do this, but the problem with this is that you're going to have to time the market right so you're selling before it goes down. Because if you are to sell and the price is to go up 6 cents, the opposite is going to happen cause you're going to buy in and then lose out on some money -- as you're now buying less coins for more money. Timing the market is something that can't really be done effectively in crypto, buy and HODL.

So, probably not profitability possible.

That's right. Andt that's the most difficult to do, timing is key in this market because a coin may go up one second and go sharply down on the next. What I am saying that although the method you're proposing is doable, it takes a lot of preparation work and closely checking the market to work. I think if you want to do this, you should check on those coins that are not so high in value to buy so that a loss would not be so significant and would not be a big blow to you business.

hoangtujuda (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:49:31 PM

Holding of the coin is the only possible way to get your value back if you have loosed in that coin. But, if you are already got a decent profit then book it and wait for the market cash again to acquire the coin more times with increasing quantity but keep you profit always aside.

I can understand you like this, hold the coin and keep the capital and let the profit continue to trade or change for profit. Is that your intention?
Lynks

Activity: 265

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:17:17 PM

Hodl is only good if the project has a good working product and a strong team backing it
duongdaiduong

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:31:45 PM

Hodl is only good if the project has a good working product and a strong team backing it
I don't think so or else you're missing a really important factor , that is the supports of the buyers. If there is no support from them , all the project will be dead or abandoned even how good they are , how big they are . The price is totally depending on the markets , supply and demands. No demands mean that coin is totally dead.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: