Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:18:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New to crypto - small actual portfolio. Advices?  (Read 244 times)
g0ldo (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:11:11 PM

Hey everyone! I'm quite new to all this stuff, got into it in last September.
Decided I would finally invest a small amount by myself late December.

My goals are shared between some short term money available (profit) and some hold for long term.

28% ETH
13% XRP
10% VEN
8% VERI
8% TRX
7% BTC
6% WAVES
5% INT
5% SUB
5% ADA
5% IOTA

Advices? Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:22:24 PM

I could say "so far so good". Almost all of the coin/tokens that you've invested are on the top 100.
I don't see any high risk that you may end up with zero or negative returns.

Well, I highly expect for a price increase with XRP & Tron on the ff months of 2018. (I invested too Wink)
Teodiff

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:26:48 PM

Investment is safe, but you need to hold.
Don't get out early.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:32:55 PM
Merited by aziernest (1)

If it is me...

28% ETH
13% XRP
10% VEN
8% VERI
8% TRX

7% BTC
6% WAVES
5% INT

5% SUB
5% ADA
5% IOTA

...then purchase any of these; ICX, NEO, ELF, KNC, XMR, ENG, PRL, WTC, ARK, QTUM

Do your own research to determine if my suggestion is good or bad.  Good luck!
cho99

Activity: 224
Merit: 61

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:07:13 PM

You said that you are new in business but actually when I see your picked coins that you're investing in I don't think that you're a newbie because it shows some research and some knowledge that you have . I like your list , I have just an issue with XRP , I don't like this coin at all even if he has the third biggest market cap . I don't see innovating project . By the way keep holding your coins and try maybe to buy more ADA instead of XRP . You will do fine

VARANIDA ● ◉ ● Building A Better Internet
WhitePaper↾ ⊙ ⇂ Ann Thread
TwitterFacebookTelegramReddit
filtyfrank251

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:16:20 PM

In my opinion, you should only choose between 2 and 3 coin to invest in this time, too many coins at the moment so you do not follow all the information from it and you will be more worried. The options that I recommend investing in are ETH, SUB and ADA. That's 3 altcoin extremely well and I think you should concentrate on 3 coin that would be better.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
g0ldo (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:10:48 AM

If it is me...

28% ETH
13% XRP
10% VEN
8% VERI
8% TRX

7% BTC
6% WAVES
5% INT

5% SUB
5% ADA
5% IOTA

...then purchase any of these; ICX, NEO, ELF, KNC, XMR, ENG, PRL, WTC, ARK, QTUM

Do your own research to determine if my suggestion is good or bad.  Good luck!

I took some kind of a guess with INT. Will see how this holds long term. I did try to buy some PRL but Etherdelta felt like a huge pain in the ass to deal with so I kinda let this go. I have some NEO and XMR in a shared wallet with a few friends. Dont really know the other ones..! Thanks!
g0ldo (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:17:19 AM

You said that you are new in business but actually when I see your picked coins that you're investing in I don't think that you're a newbie because it shows some research and some knowledge that you have . I like your list , I have just an issue with XRP , I don't like this coin at all even if he has the third biggest market cap . I don't see innovating project . By the way keep holding your coins and try maybe to buy more ADA instead of XRP . You will do fine

I know people are divided when it comes to XRP but I'd like to hold some still. I could sell a few to buy more ADA though. I also thought about investing in an ICO in the next few days/weeks. I was possibly looking at Storiqa.
IldarW

Activity: 362
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:50:54 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 09:13:25 AM by IldarW

My goals are shared between some short term money available (profit) and some hold for long term.

28% ETH
13% XRP
10% VEN
8% VERI
8% TRX
7% BTC
6% WAVES
5% INT
5% SUB
5% ADA
5% IOTA

Advices? Thanks!
Nice list to start, diversified and minimum risks. But i can advise you include in your portfolio (no more than 10%) some promising projects with small capitalization like INS, Cobinhood, Telcoin for example

Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:16:01 AM

Off course many people different scenario about their portfolio but some will support your coin and some will not support your coins so based on that we cannot conclude those. It might be good for you and it might be bad for others so always check twice before investing into anything.

Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:36:34 AM

When you get settled with this you may want to consider putting a percentage of your portfolio into staking coins. 
cho99

Activity: 224
Merit: 61

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:16:28 AM

I know people are divided when it comes to XRP but I'd like to hold some still. I could sell a few to buy more ADA though. I also thought about investing in an ICO in the next few days/weeks. I was possibly looking at Storiqa.
never heard about storiqa , I will do my research about it and give you my opinion , you are anyway in a good direction , investing in ico is always better for more profit , just try to get the maximum of information about each project before investing your money in because as you can see there are a lot of scammers in this field , don't be impressed by extravagant propaganda because it may be a scam at the end , and you have bitconnect for example .

VARANIDA ● ◉ ● Building A Better Internet
WhitePaper↾ ⊙ ⇂ Ann Thread
TwitterFacebookTelegramReddit
g0ldo (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:35:31 AM

never heard about storiqa , I will do my research about it and give you my opinion , you are anyway in a good direction , investing in ico is always better for more profit , just try to get the maximum of information about each project before investing your money in because as you can see there are a lot of scammers in this field , don't be impressed by extravagant propaganda because it may be a scam at the end , and you have bitconnect for example .

I will try to be careful as possible. Thanks for the advices!
Inkognito222

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:49:09 AM

Now very good for invest Spectrecoin (XSPEC), have very good growth potential
SportyCornet777

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:55:38 AM

I like your portfolio for the most part. I have most of those same coins in my portfolio. I have a handful of others; NAV, ZERO, DEEP ONION etc.
I am not a huge fan of XRP, but I do buy and sell it quite frequently. Just don't sell on a panic, HODL and you should be just fine. Good luck!
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:08:52 AM

Investment is safe, but you need to hold.
Don't get out early.

Yes OP has actually done some basic stuff right that is invested in top altcoins and also some available at lower prices. All eggs are not placed in a single basket which will give him the chance to average out the profit/loss if market go upside/downside in coming days.

puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:14:41 AM

28% ETH
13% XRP
10% VEN
8% VERI
8% TRX
7% BTC
6% WAVES
5% INT
5% SUB
5% ADA
5% IOTA

Advices? Thanks!

Based off your portfolio i think you are good to go, especially with coins like

28% ETH
10% VEN
7% BTC
6% WAVES
5% SUB
5% ADA
5% IOTA

I believe you are safe to go, Most of these coins are focus more towards on blockchain implementation and trust me, these are the coins that could be great over time
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:51:02 AM

28% ETH
13% XRP
10% VEN
8% VERI
8% TRX
7% BTC
6% WAVES
5% INT
5% SUB
5% ADA
5% IOTA

Advices? Thanks!
if you want a long term maybe you should add the allocation to alt you mentioned like, BTC, ETH, WAVES, IOTA, XRP and add as well DASH, XMR, XLM, DOGE.
why all the old alt options? because I think from year to year its price continues to increase.
iryboy

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:27:27 AM

For me, long term investment is Bitcoin and Ether. I always try to hold 40% in btc and remaining divided on 5-6 altcoins.

gin113

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:50:32 AM

20% ETH
20% VEN
20% NEO
15% STRAT
15% XRB
5% IOTA
5% ELIX