Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:00:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blockchain.info wallet API's, Avoid Change being sent to moniterd address's  (Read 1208 times)
BitvoinVender (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:40:14 PM

o I ran into an issue. I'm playing with php and blockchain.info's api. I am issuing a new address to a new user, watching for deposits and crediting their account when btc is sent to that address, everything was working good. except sometimes if I do a send with that same blockchain wallet, the "change" gets sent back to the original address, crediting the user when it shouldn't. Is there a better way to use block-chains wallet api to do this?

Im thinking I could just make a bunch of offline address's, use them for deposits, and then keep a hotwallet online.

But I want to ability to keep a tiny hotwallet and don't want a some one with a lot of btc to come in and be like, wtf I want my coin now.

So Im looking to either, 1) set blockchain.info to forward all "change" to a new address (if that's even possible) or 2) Do I just need to move on to more full featured php bitcoin tools? like?
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:12:02 PM

Two options:

1. Use electrum. It keeps regular addresses and change addresses separate.

2. Use the bc.info receive API. You give it one of your own addresses and it returns an address of its own. All coins sent to that bc.info address will be forwarded to the address you specified. The downside is that a) you have to trust bc.info with this b) if very small amounts of coins are sent there they don't get forwarded c) you can't sign a message with the bc.info address in case you ever need to.

I would use electrum.
BitvoinVender (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:41:23 PM

How would I go about configuring bitcoind to forward all change to a new address?
BitvoinVender (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:50:59 PM

ohh, duh, just though of a better solution

just have 2 wallets, deposits get instantly sent to a second wallet. That way no change is ever sent on the first wallet; and the hotwallet isnt linked to a moniterd address.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:52:00 PM

How would I go about configuring bitcoind to forward all change to a new address?
There's no built-in mechanism to do that. You can, however make a script that checks the wallet's balance, and sends the amount to an address of your choice.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: