Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2024, 12:16:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way to group all my machines into one ?  (Read 329 times)
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:47:35 AM

Nope.  Solves the problem of hanging rigs when you are not on site.  It's pretty obvious what he needs to do is stop building 2 gpu rigs.

I use CPU hardware.  Servers, some small some big.  I build what I can afford, and use what I have.  My small machines are used for testing, the big ones are for production after I verify my tests on a small scale. 

"build bigger rigs" is an easy answer.  Buying new / different hardware is not an option.  I did not ask "how do I get more hash power ?".  Please remain focused on the topic.

Ah. CPU mining. Well, yes, you CAN build a cluster and control them that way, but I don't think it's as productive. I looked into it when I bought my little mini-army of Brix i5s and i7s and my take away was that it is no more efficient, and most people said it was slightly less. Might be worth it for the convenience, but writing automation scripts is just as easy AND allows you to control each individually if they go down or need repair. YMMV, and of course half the fun is messing with the machines, so do post your results!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: