Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:31:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way to group all my machines into one ?  (Read 292 times)
DrStein99 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:25:50 PM

I have 4 machines connecting and each of them produce at a different rate on the same algorithm and pool.  Is there an application I can run on to be a master, and to combine the hash power off to my slave machines?

I would like to just merge the power of all the machines to one.  Have the master application distribute the load internally to my machines and channel it through to the pool.  To the external pool, I would have one machine - but instead I have 4 of them working together.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:09:55 PM

I am not sure I am understanding your question. If you use the same worker name on all of the machines they will show up on the pool as a single user.

There is no way to merge anything, each individual card has its own mining thread, even in a single machine there is nothing 'shared'

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:10:31 AM

There is no reason to do what you want to do, even if you COULD do so.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:14:01 AM

I'm trying to figure out why you even want to do that?

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:08:15 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 01:33:47 AM by leonix007

I've reached 5x times back and forth reading to comprehend what the OP wants. Cheesy

and then suddenly I realized this statement '

To the external pool, I would have one machine - but instead I have 4 of them working together.

A very simple solution to your request my friend, Just give "1" Similar worker name to each of your Rig, you will now see a combine hash power to the pool.  Grin
gotminer

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:10:10 AM

I understand what he wants, I just don't know the purpose or benefit that he thinks he will get from it.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
DrStein99 (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:47:19 AM

When I compare the ratio of worked performed and accepted shares on my smaller machines compared to my larger ones - the pool seems to sometimes drown out the smaller machines.  A small starving machine with barely any data to process suffers doing nothing but wasting electric.  My idea would be to combine my work into one large loaded stream, to make efficient use of all my machines and not just the largest and fastest.  There are other advantages as well.  

gotminer

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:01:35 AM

When I compare the ratio of worked performed and accepted shares on my smaller machines compared to my larger ones - the pool seems to sometimes drown out the smaller machines.  A small starving machine with barely any data to process suffers doing nothing but wasting electric.  My idea would be to combine my work into one large loaded stream, to make efficient use of all my machines and not just the largest and fastest.  There are other advantages as well.  

Never heard of this before.  Build bigger rigs.  Don't have small rigs.  I honestly don't think it makes any difference.  Difference is in the hardware even if they are the exact same model.  Did you think of the other variables that you haven't thought about yet?

greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:12:58 AM

Never heard of this before.  Build bigger rigs.  Don't have small rigs.  I honestly don't think it makes any difference.  Difference is in the hardware even if they are the exact same model.  Did you think of the other variables that you haven't thought about yet?

Main difference is if one goes down, you still have others mining while you fix it. But yeah, if you trust your gear, you're only saving a little bit of electricity (for my three rigs, combining would probably save 80W) by combining.
gotminer

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:19:11 AM

Main difference is if one goes down, you still have others mining while you fix it. But yeah, if you trust your gear, you're only saving a little bit of electricity (for my three rigs, combining would probably save 80W) by combining.

Switched PDU solves that problem. 

greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:50:31 AM

How so? It removes the need to power the two extra cpus?
gotminer

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:08:53 PM

How so? It removes the need to power the two extra cpus?

Nope.  Solves the problem of hanging rigs when you are not on site.  It's pretty obvious what he needs to do is stop building 2 gpu rigs.

gregfromo

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:45:51 PM

I have 4 machines connecting and each of them produce at a different rate on the same algorithm and pool.  Is there an application I can run on to be a master, and to combine the hash power off to my slave machines?

I would like to just merge the power of all the machines to one.  Have the master application distribute the load internally to my machines and channel it through to the pool.  To the external pool, I would have one machine - but instead I have 4 of them working together.

look for a stratum proxy for your algo, there's one for cryptonight here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2654871.0

KougarLOB

Activity: 136
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:51:30 PM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085CWC3I

1ER7JwEjpjQfm4qaTxy6EaNdNy8MqzP1pt  Smiley
integrale

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

Eager to learn

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:08:37 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 06:20:37 PM by integrale

so many opinions guys , and no one get it what he means , lol

im sure to know  after 10 seconds what he has in mind

simple as that , did you heard of HPC

High Performance Computing  , for Noobs  simply a Cluster-Enviroment

1 Master , 3 Nodes (slaves) in his case

OS , Application on Master working as server for the Nodes

to go deeper in detail is a bit to much here

if you interested on things such this Search by Uncle Google for "PelicanHPC"

AltCoin-Mining @ Xubuntu 16.04 LTS
gotminer

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:50:30 PM

so many opinions guys , and no one get it what he means , lol

im sure to know  after 10 seconds what he has in mind

simple as that , did you heard of HPC

High Performance Computing  , for Noobs  simply a Cluster-Enviroment

1 Master , 3 Nodes (slaves) in his case

OS , Application on Master working as server for the Nodes

to go deeper in detail is a bit to much here

if you interested on things such this Search by Uncle Google for "PelicanHPC"

Yeah I get it, but I don't see the need in this application.  He has a very small farm.  Build the ship to fit the crew.  For as small of a crew as you have, they should all fit in one ship.

DrStein99 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:12:19 AM

Nope.  Solves the problem of hanging rigs when you are not on site.  It's pretty obvious what he needs to do is stop building 2 gpu rigs.

I use CPU hardware.  Servers, some small some big.  I build what I can afford, and use what I have.  My small machines are used for testing, the big ones are for production after I verify my tests on a small scale. 

"build bigger rigs" is an easy answer.  Buying new / different hardware is not an option.  I did not ask "how do I get more hash power ?".  Please remain focused on the topic.

gotminer

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:15:08 AM

I use CPU hardware.  Servers, some small some big.  I build what I can afford, and use what I have.  My small machines are used for testing, the big ones are for production after I verify my tests on a small scale. 

"build bigger rigs" is an easy answer.  Buying new / different hardware is not an option.  I did not ask "how do I get more hash power ?".  Please remain focused on the topic.

In that case.  It seems not worth the time or hassle of maintaining them.  Good luck.

DrStein99 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:21:44 AM

look for a stratum proxy for your algo, there's one for cryptonight here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2654871.0

[/quote]

Finally - yes, this was the type of answer I am looking for.  Thank you.

In case anyone else was actually interested, I found:

"XMR-NODE-PROXY"

allows you to merge multiple Monero mining rigs into one, which helps lower the load on pools, reduces bandwidth used and allows you to use a lower difficulty setting. When using a proxy, the mining pool that you connect to see only one miner.

The key word here was "LOWER DIFFICULTY SETTING".   By doing so, allows the smaller machines to become more efficient.  
DrStein99 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:38:11 AM

[/quote]

In that case.  It seems not worth the time or hassle of maintaining them.  Good luck.
[/quote]

I am a software developer, it's what I do.  Dumping money into rigs is my last step, I am not in a hurry to make a mistake.  Writing code and analyzing tests is not a hassle for me, it's my pleasure and experience.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: