Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:57:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Input / output transaction related question  (Read 118 times)
Samplex (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:03:43 PM

Okay so is it possible that I "merge" my inputs and create one input out of them by simply broadcasting the transaction with my inputs which are related to one address and try to use that same address as recipient and thus creating only one input from few of inputs on one address or for this I will have to use a second address?

Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:28:31 PM

That is possible but you still have to pay the tx fee. So what you are trying to achieve is pointless IMO.

Samplex (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:30:53 PM

That is possible but you still have to pay the tx fee. So what you are trying to achieve is pointless IMO.

Well maybe not pointless if I know for instance that I would not use my coins for longer period of time so I put lower fee now when mempool is relatively low, in future if it raises I'd had bigger chance to transfer my coins faster? Or I am missing something?

Thank you for your answer!
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:37:03 PM

Well maybe not pointless if I know for instance that I would not use my coins for longer period of time so I put lower fee now when mempool is relatively low, in future if it raises I'd had bigger chance to transfer my coins faster? Or I am missing something?

Thank you for your answer!

That's true. In that case using new address will have the very same result (I thought you think you will just merge them without having to pay the fee).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: