Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:33:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Tokens in MEW  (Read 131 times)
zool2003 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

Joe's Signatureless Challenge

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:35:08 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question,

I am in a new ICO and want to put my ETH address in their dash as instructed. The tokens wont be sent until the end of the month but when I look in MEW it doesn't list the new token name yet. In the ICO tutorial it suggests adding it as a custom token and gives all of the details. If I don't add it as a custom token and they send me the tokens will I still receive them?

▬▬▬ I'm part of a movement to help make the forums a better place and free it of spam:▬▬▬
█ █  http://bit.ly/SigFree  █ █
nettspring

Activity: 143
Merit: 2

Online Entrepreneur

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 10:56:36 PM

Yes ICO sent to your ETH address and if it is correct no problem but you do not know they sent it or not until you add it to your wallet  Kiss

just add custom token it will show up same as others on your myetherwallet. Grin
pmtxcrypto

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:24:23 AM

As coins get listed in CoinMarket Cap etc they also show in MEW.  You will need to search for the Coin and hit add you will see the tokens.  You can also look at either scan against your wallet and see when they have been deposited.
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:33:08 AM

I have participated in many ICOs there is no issue. You can add tokens to MEW as custom token after completion of ICO. Dont worry its perfectly fine.
geethnew

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:46:31 AM

no need to worry, they will come to your MEW without any problem if you have given your MEW address correctly, you can track token transfers to your MEW by entering your MEW address at http://etherscan.io/
QueenOfCrypto

Activity: 564
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:03:37 PM

The way to see your custom tokens in MEW it to add them. To do that go to http://etherscan.io/ and look for your address. If you find the token that you cannot see in MEW click on the token and you will end up in the toke's page. there, on the left column you will see the token's address, and on right one the symbol and the decimals. Enter these data in MEW and you are done.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:18:43 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question,

I am in a new ICO and want to put my ETH address in their dash as instructed. The tokens wont be sent until the end of the month but when I look in MEW it doesn't list the new token name yet. In the ICO tutorial it suggests adding it as a custom token and gives all of the details. If I don't add it as a custom token and they send me the tokens will I still receive them?
You will still receive your token but your token will not appear in your wallet and you must fill new custom token with contract address from the ico that you have been participated. it makes your coin will be appearing to your wallet after you already filled the custom address requirement.
There are so many tutorial about that. don't worry as long as your wallet support erc20 compliance and all of the things will still safe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: