Poll
Question: I like BFL, DO YOU Huh
Na! "Mama didn't raise no fools"
"I'm Stone In Love With You" Butterfly Labs
"It's a thin line between love and Hate"
Sonny is "My Girl"

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} I like BFL, DO YOU ???  (Read 6165 times)
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:01:15 AM

I also love BFL as I was able to sell a $1200 Feb pre-order for $2500 because of their expert deceptive marketing! The buyer upgraded his order to a Monarch and I really hope he does OK but I still feel a little bad since I doubt he will come out ahead...
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:05:32 AM

Don't worry..after the Monarch he will be able to upgrade to the Brooklyn bridge
batt01

Activity: 279

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:45:29 AM

Don't worry..after the Monarch he will be able to upgrade to the Brooklyn bridge

I like BFL almost as much as I like hemorrhoids and root canals. When they finally ship my 5gzh miner, it wont be worth opening the box.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:07:55 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2013, 05:02:25 AM by Bicknellski

Code:
George C. Parker

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

George Parker (1870–1936) was one of the most audacious con men in American history.
He made his living selling New York's public landmarks to unwary tourists.
His favorite object for sale was the Brooklyn Bridge, which he sold twice a week for years.
He convinced his marks that they could make a fortune by controlling access to the roadway.
More than once police had to roust naive buyers from the bridge as they tried to erect toll barriers.

Code:
Butterfly Labs

Soon to be on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Butterfly Labs (2012–2014) was one of the most audacious long con "companies" in Bitcoin history.
They made their living pre-selling Bitcoin mining hardware to unwary community members.
Their favorite object for sale was revolving 'new mining hardware', which were pre-sold every
few months for the years they were in operation. BFL convinced their marks that they could make a
reasonable "ROI" by pre-ordering hardware, that was delivered in some case 12 months late.
More than once the community had to start threads and warn naive buyers from
buying BFL products as they continued to buy units that were merely vapourware,
and were hard pressed to get refunds from PayPal, Credit Cards and rarely if ever if they paid in
BTC or wire transfer, in direct conflict with FTC regulation.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:16:36 AM

I also love BFL as I was able to sell a $1200 Feb pre-order for $2500 because of their expert deceptive marketing! The buyer upgraded his order to a Monarch and I really hope he does OK but I still feel a little bad since I doubt he will come out ahead...
Yep.  Thank you BFL for 300% profit.

dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:08:34 AM

"Guaranteed oversight by BFL. You too easily give them credit. Free GH is not a BFL customer satisfaction tactic. Some other poor mark who paid for 7 GH just got a 4.5 GH Jala"

I was just on the BLF forum and I guess got lucky.  Some guy paid for two 7 GH Jalapenos but got two 4.5 GH units. I will just thank the BTC gods that my Jala is working and hashing away.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 06:20:23 AM

Code:
Butterfly Labs

Soon to be on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Butterfly Labs (2012–2014) was one of the most audacious long con "companies" in Bitcoin history.
They made their living pre-selling Bitcoin mining hardware to unwary community members.
Their favorite object for sale was revolving 'new mining hardware', which were pre-sold every
few months for the years they were in operation. BFL convinced their marks that they could make a
reasonable "ROI" by pre-ordering hardware, that was delivered in some case 12 months late.
More than once the community had to start threads and warn naive buyers from
buying BFL products as they continued to buy units that were merely vapourware,
and were hard pressed to get refunds from PayPal, Credit Cards and rarely if ever if they paid in
BTC or wire transfer, in direct conflict with FTC regulation.
[/quote]

Used "their" too much.  Rather, replace "their" with "BFL Fraudulently" 

I was looking around the bfl stuff I used to be on when I was on their side with my April preorder 50GH single - I see those sites, bfl ptz ro and Grnbrgs twitter feed are no longer updated - I think those two jumped ship also!     OH MY GOD - According to Jody's BS(log) https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/356-tuesday-october-22-2013-shipping-update.html

I would still be a month out on their paydates before I got my order..AKA...Thanksgiving.  Best Move ever (yet still a net loss over holding btc) was to cancel my BFL order ala paypal forced chargeback and to get myself a KNC Mercury, WHICH was 500 dollars less AND delivered YESTERDAY.  All and all, in your face BFL, if you got your order that you've been waiting a year for, good for you, but you still screwed up and didn't get an Avalon which you would've had since February, not June, July, August.

batt01

Activity: 279

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:06:26 PM

Just got a email from BFL, My April 2nd Upgraded Jally has been shipped. Xmas come earlly.

Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:32:40 PM

but you still screwed up and didn't get an Avalon which you would've had since February, not June, July, August.

Definitely screwed up. I cancelled my Avalon B2 order in Feb. because I was too lazy to buy BTC to pay for it. Easy payment of Paypal lured me over to BFL.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:37:52 PM

Thank you BFL for taking forever to get anything out of the door. Thanks to that, my GPU's were able to mine almost a year longer than I ever dreamed.
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:23:53 AM

Na! "Mama didn't raise no fools" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsc8lfpzAUg

"I'm Stone In Love With You" Butterfly Labs    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_n-YTgjjUw

"It's a thin line between love and Hate" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULuHJgCos7A

Sonny is "My Girl"   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P1x7Yy9CXI

Wink Cool

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:05:44 AM

Yes , I totally like BLF.
Because I never worked with them.

Same how I love what Hashfast is doing since I've bought a KNCminer.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:24:09 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=234711.0 <--- Ethically challenged is BFL.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:27:08 PM

BFL shipped out orders and didn't run away with money!

They also took so long that ROI is nearly impossible. This is a great thing because people need to learn that preordering products without a contracted shipping date is stupid.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:17:03 AM

Please keep on voting  Cool
Na! "Mama didn't raise no fools"   - 18 (81.8%)
"I'm Stone In Love With You" Butterfly Labs   - 0 (0%)
"It's a thin line between love and Hate"   - 3 (13.6%)
Sonny is "My Girl"   - 1 (4.5%)

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:24:56 PM

Heres BFL_Josh trusted feedback link. Please give them a Trusted feedback Smiley Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=63314

Also Here's Inaba trusted feedback link. Please give him a Trusted feedback as-well Smiley Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=8198

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:43:39 PM

I love BFL because having never delivered a single Monarch have lowered the price on them so much that it is insulting to the early adopters.

These are acts of a desperate company trying to drive cash flow
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:55:39 PM

I love BFL because having never delivered a single Monarch have lowered the price on them so much that it is insulting to the early adopters.

These are acts of a desperate company trying to drive cash flow

I hope your right !

black_swan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:00:59 PM

I love BFL because they made so bad in the last year that all the posts on this forum help me to decide to DO NOT BUY anything from them, ever.
Thank you BFL, sometimes you have company with mixed reviews and you can't decide, but in your case, it was spot on!
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:36:02 PM

My favorite thing BFL did today was they ran out of 50GH singles that they were selling for $984 ($19.68 a GH)

so now they are selling little singles (25gh) for $743 ($31.36 a GH)

Aren't they great?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: