Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:55:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there such a thing?  (Read 192 times)
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:39:31 AM

Yes, of course, such a coin exists and is called such a project Tether USDT, of course it has its own mini volatility in case of market maneuvers, but I think in order to finally save your deposit, you will have enough of this checkpoint to use it and wait for this storm, sell more expensive and buy cheaper.
ohtmvhbli

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:03:18 AM

You mean fixed price token? I think if this could happen in one token, no one will be invest on that token. Because they wouldnt get any profit on that token. Why? Because every transaction here has a fee and if the price of that token will not increasing like other token, the investor will be unprofitable. Thank you.
When I first saw this idea I still feel a bit mean. But after seeing your reply, I found out that this is really useless. Fixed price will not lose money but will not appreciate. This token really does not make sense.
forbiddenone123

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:24:06 AM

Is there such a thing as a fixed price token meaning one with a set price like 1.00 that never changes?
The ICO price is different in the market price because of the price in the market is depend on the set price to be sell. User sell there token in cheaper price.

fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 10:54:38 AM

But so far I've never seen it, if what you mean is the price of one coin with another, I think no.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:10:22 PM

Is there such a thing as a fixed price token meaning one with a set price like 1.00 that never changes?

I suppose that Tether is the altcoin, which value is pretty stable (not the same all the time). Its price equals a dollar, and all the time it is available for this money. Just have a look at its chart: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tether/
thinklab71 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:43:18 AM

How does tether keep the price at 1.00?   when all others go up and down?
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:20:21 AM

How does tether keep the price at 1.00?   when all others go up and down?
Usd tether is the only cryptocurrency that have fixed price because its price is always equivalent to us dollar. and the reason why tether keeps its price is because its price is not determined by supply and demand so even there are only few people that use tether it will not affect the price. this is why traders convert their coins to usdt whenever there is a bear market.
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:50:52 AM

There are a lot of projects of this kind, as far as I know, but one must surely be sure that this project will not collapse sooner or later, because it is invested by quite a large number of people when the market is in the process of correction
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: