Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:34:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which privacy centric coins will make it?  (Read 492 times)
DES_MX (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:08:42 AM

As the title says, currently invested in several of these, wonder which ones do you think are better long term (>1YR) investment?
I know there's a plethora more coins out there, but since I never "buy" with fiat, its mostly mined holdings.

XMR
ZEC
ZCL
BTCZ
BULWARK

Other (PoW!) coin suggestions are welcome, as long as these are not ICO/Tokens.

oxonhu

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:43:29 AM

There are many of them and i think if the coin has good team and developers behind can be succesful. There is ZOI in market with low supply and low marketcap but with new team and better developers. privacy is important also for many investors.
ZCL is forking and BTC Private will come soon. They use Btc core and Zero protocol. It will be fast and low fees . If you have one ZCL you get 1 BTCPrivate and if you have one btc than you get same 1 BTCPrivate. 100 ZCL makes 1 BTC currently. so its better to have ZCL than BTC yo get more BTCPrivate.

topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:07:33 AM

I think Monero and Zcash are the two that are likely going to succeed long term IMO for now, until we get other technology better than the onces both are using, most of these  privacy coins are just riding on the privacy hype
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:48:03 AM

After Monero and Zcash, there are many other good ones:
Zcoin, Zencash, Cloak, Verge, Sumokoin.. No easy way to know which
will be the top in future.
coastbank

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:15:42 AM

Ok let me explain: Anonymity is very expensive thing. And its worthy. Many people use it to evade taxes. Some people use it for dark businesses. Some people use it for weirdly illegal businesses like cannabis.

Wladestaucs

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:40:23 AM

Anonymity is indeed a very expensive thing. Monero has proven that. Dash has proven that. Even Verge has proven that, even though its about as anonymous as Oprah Winfrey. This is why the time is now to get on board with Spectrecoin (Xspec).

It is very inexpensive compared to other coins already mentioned, and it has already proven tech. Couple that with default stealth addresses and stealth staking to come in Q2 of this year, and you've got a speculative winner.

Or don't buy it and miss out. Your choice.
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:55:53 AM

Couple that with default stealth addresses and stealth staking to come in Q2 of this year, and you've got a speculative winner.

Ya, got any proof for that, like a white paper?

Wladestaucs

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:42:18 PM

Couple that with default stealth addresses and stealth staking to come in Q2 of this year, and you've got a speculative winner.

No. I only have the word of the dev team. That's why I said SPECULATIVE winner.

If I'm wrong, then its all for not, and I look like a fool. That's the nature of the beast.
Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:55:14 PM

very soon all privacy coins will explode because of government bans and 1984 Orwel' control. Financial privacy is the right of every human being and highly desired today. so the point is not only to achieve x100 of invested funds but to gain steadily and stay under the radar.
Hawaii2020

Activity: 112
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:00:33 PM

zoin will go x50 as verge

i look at about 25 privacy coins and it got the best potential.

monoeci might also be good for long term since its actually located in monaco and that is a tax benefit for many people. in addition, monaco governemnt recently said they will embrace crypto and its the future.so it is a very safe heaven for crypto
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 01:15:37 PM

No. I only have the word of the dev team. That's why I said SPECULATIVE winner.

If I'm wrong, then its all for not, and I look like a fool. That's the nature of the beast.

Much easier to look the fool with a noob account--some of us have a body of work to protect and can't shill every shitcoin that comes down the pipe with claims of, "We have magical powers and #1 privacy!"

Spectrecoin has one of the worst prospects of success--no known cryptographer is actively proposing an anonymous staking system, so the idea that an unknown dev is pulling it out of his ass is pretty unconvincing.

If you look at ring-signatures, mimble wimble, zsnarks, zstarks, SPECTRE (not Xspec)--these were all well known and reviewed (at least in cryptography circles) before any team decided to attempt them. There's a great deal of research that goes ahead of implementation, so absent that, it looks like fool's gold.

I don't care what people do with their money, just don't push unknown cryptography on the rest of us and act like it's a foregone conclusion, or even a legitimate bet.

Pablitok_69

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:27:20 PM

My vote goes for ZEC.
jingyang

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:18:09 PM

Zclassic is a logical project to invest in the long term. I invested while the value of ZClassic was low and i do not think i will sell for a long time

▬▬▬▬▬      ▬     iCumulate         Investing in the future together           ▬      ▬▬▬▬▬
WHITEPAPER  ]     ████     PRESALE  /  Nov 30th - Dec 7th     ████     [   ONE PAGER   ]
▬      ▬▬▬▬▬     Twitter     ●     Facebook     ●     Telegram     ●     Medium     ▬▬▬▬▬      ▬
Inkognito222

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:22:30 PM

If you want invest to promising privacy coin you need invest to Spectrecoin (XSPEC)
aci69

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:24:20 PM

I think that privacy coin will be the real deal for 2018.
Actually I invested in Deep Onion, ZenCash and NavCoin.

With Deep Onion and ZenCash, for now, I'm in positive.
With NavCoin, for now, I'm in negative.

I will hold them until 2019 and let's see what happining... Smiley
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:25:44 PM

Like BTC is the king of crypto...XMR is the king of anon coins.

My bet is on Monero...though I also have holdings on a few new ones like; XSPEC and AEON.  I've had ZEN but sold them, I will likely re-buy again eventually.
aci69

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:24:12 PM

Like BTC is the king of crypto...XMR is the king of anon coins.

My bet is on Monero...though I also have holdings on a few new ones like; XSPEC and AEON.  I've had ZEN but sold them, I will likely re-buy again eventually.

I agree with you for ZEN but not for Monero because isn't it an Old type coin?
I mean, you have to mine it...
Instead Nav and Deep Onion you can stake and earn coins, think about it... Wink
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:31:41 PM

I agree with you for ZEN but not for Monero because isn't it an Old type coin?

It is old...the original anon coin. 

It is proven to be the best so far...if the FBI/ATF/DEA reports are not altered.  They can't trace transactions, while everyone else's claims are (still) just on paper.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:42:37 PM

All privacy focused coin might loss their charm because at end when we will be willing to exchange those coin for fiat, we have to expose our personal identity and privacy because almost all fiat supported exchange platform have KYC policy.

There is no other ways to remain anonymous with crypto other than selling coin through peer to peer exchange platforms.

Feeless + instant transaction might become big thing this year.
eyesopen

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:54:20 PM

I would be confident that Monero and Zcash are the two best long term performers.
Ok they might be "old" coins but they are a proven token system.
They have plenty of existing backing and useage especially in the case of Monero,
and an almost $7,000,000,000 market cap between them.
Of the other 3 Zclassic is the strongest I think and might be one for the future, but I dont know much about it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: